Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin is an unadulterated kip

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

When was the last time an innocent bystander was killed in a gangland attack in Dublin?

Its been a while I think. The last time I can remember is the two lads murdered at Tesco Clearwater in Finglas in 2010. It was a case of mistaken identity, the poor lads had nothing to do with gangland.

There hasn't been that many innocents caught up in it as a proportion of known criminals. I remember Baida Saulite in Swords, a plumbers apprentice in Finglas who got shot dead because he witnessed the main targets murder and I think there was one in Clontarf a few years back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Im afraid to go to bed, I might wake up dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Dublin is getting like the wild west. Yet people want to keep their heads buried in the sand.

Why bring Leitrim into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Stojkovic wrote: »
    Im afraid to go to bed, I might wake up dead.
    Still alive today thank God.

See how it goes tonight.
    Hope the flamethrower is charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Stojkovic wrote: »
    Still alive today thank God.

See how it goes tonight.
    Hope the flamethrower is charged.

I'm across the water the last year, how's the guerilla filming of the next Mad Max: Fury Dublin Road coming along there?

The anti-water protests certainly have been getting more and more out of hand, though. Can't tell if that's Paul Murphy driving the car or on the guitar, mind?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

A baby was almost shot this evening in a Dublin shopping centre.

More and more parts of Dublin are becoming no go areas for decent people.

Dublin is a great little city if you happen to be Scumbag.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/infant-narrowly-escapes-injury-after-shots-fired-in-attempted-gangland-hit-34611883.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/infant-narrowly-escapes-injury-after-shots-fired-in-attempted-gangland-hit-34611883.html

Do you have nothing better to do than **** post about Dublin? This isn't Northern Ireland in the 70s, no go areas my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

Dublin may be many things but unadulterated isn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭StudentDad

12Phase wrote: »
    Dublin may be many things but unadulterated isn't one of them.

Really? Not too long ago I had to use the toilets in Heuston Stn. All fine except for the bloke shooting up at the sinks. He didn't give a toss. Needle, rubber pipe, the whole kit. Went on the Luas, fine except for the gangs of chancers trying to wrangle a few quid from me as I fed the ticket machine. People sleeping rough on the quays etc etc oh yes it was a joy to be in the Capital.

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

StudentDad wrote: »
    Really? Not too long ago I had to use the toilets in Heuston Stn. All fine except for the bloke shooting up at the sinks. He didn't give a toss. Needle, rubber pipe, the whole kit. Went on the Luas, fine except for the gangs of chancers trying to wrangle a few quid from me as I fed the ticket machine. People sleeping rough on the quays etc etc oh yes it was a joy to be in the Capital.

SD

He was probably just washing his hands. Your fearful culchie brain probably misinterpreted reality and saw the thing you were afraid of. Same thing with the chancers trying to wrangle money from you at the ticket machine. Are you sure they weren't just queuing up behind you to buy tickets? The quays are a lovely place to spend an evening sleeping under the stars. A real treat for the more adventurous Dubliner during the balmy summer nights.

I've lived in Dublin for the past thousand years and have never had any trouble at all. You just have to keep your wits about you, like any big city. Like for instance I was in Galway when I was about eleven and I was mugged by a couple of twelve year olds, but they didn't get my gold teeth because I made sure not to smile while they were attacking me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Yillan wrote: »
    He was probably just washing his hands. Your fearful culchie brain probably misinterpreted reality and saw the thing you were afraid of. Same thing with the chancers trying to wrangle money from you at the ticket machine. Are you sure they weren't just queuing up behind you to buy tickets? The quays are a lovely place to spend an evening sleeping under the stars. A real treat for the more adventurous Dubliner during the balmy summer nights.

I've lived in Dublin for the past thousand years and have never had any trouble at all. You just have to keep your wits about you, like any big city. Like for instance I was in Galway when I was about eleven and I was mugged by a couple of twelve year olds, but they didn't get my gold teeth because I made sure not to smile while they were attacking me.

I never said I had any trouble, I just described what I saw and experienced. You don't like that. Not my problem.

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Confirmation bias again.... yawn....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

StudentDad wrote: »

SD

Check dictionary for meaning of unadulterated...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,142 ✭✭✭✭Esel

12Phase wrote: »
    Check dictionary for meaning of unadulterated...

Also check 'kip'.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Also check 'kip'.

Yeah, but in Dublin slang kip means a rundown dump/mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This probably should have been nipped a lot earlier, our bad.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=175

If you want to talk about Dublin specifically there's a whole forum for it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement