Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workout/Gym Attire?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

whitewave wrote: »
    Can I ask what is probably a very basic (and possibly ridiculous!) question? When you say cons are better for lifting, do you mean for deadlifts/ squats etc, or any kind of work with free weights e.g. biceps/ triceps/ chest/ back etc? I've only just started using weights really and wear normal runners, should I be looking at wearing something flatter?

Any lifting where the stability of your feet (amongst other things) is an issue. Mostly squats, deadlifts, standing overhead press.

Normal runners wouldn't be a problem doing arm work, benching, rows etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

whitewave wrote: »
    Can I ask what is probably a very basic (and possibly ridiculous!) question? When you say cons are better for lifting, do you mean for deadlifts/ squats etc, or any kind of work with free weights e.g. biceps/ triceps/ chest/ back etc? I've only just started using weights really and wear normal runners, should I be looking at wearing something flatter?

What alf said, once you progress after a while I would look into some cheap flat cons or something like that but it's not apparent beginning as the weights are lower so it doesn't matter as much imo. There are no ridiculous questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I wear shorts on days i don't deadlift and cotton tracksuit bottoms on days i do along with football socks for that extra bit of protection for the shins, accompanied by whatever tshirt i wore that day.

My 10 year old flat lacoste runners have become very pious recently. I'll go in me socks before i replace 'em god damn it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

What alf said, once you progress after a while I would look into some cheap flat cons or something like that but it's not apparent beginning as the weights are lower so it doesn't matter as much imo. There are no ridiculous questions.

is it ok to eat a dumbell on the moon next saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

is it ok to eat a dumbell on the moon next saturday?

Pre or post workout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

ive switched to hypo-macroGLUTE work outs these days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

I just spent 16 quid on a Nike sweat band

Was I robbed?

Only bought it cos I think they look hot (it's the 80's hair metal Motley Crue fan in me :) )

Advertisement