Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Monk' nephew on Winning street

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Why is a person with 189 convictions roaming our streets let alone being on a gameshow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

He's probably used to getting 3 stars...

/GTA reference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

mfceiling wrote: »
    Jesus if that's miss donegal I'd hate to see who was second...

A bit on the harsh side.....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭malibu4u

Why is a person with 189 convictions roaming our streets let alone being on a gameshow ?
    its a great little country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

malibu4u wrote: »
    its a great little country

Hopefully Marty will have a chat with the lad and try and set him on the right path on how to be model citizen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

I have to say I've never heard of anyone being found not guilty of assault due to reason of insanity. Murder certainly, but assault never.

Besides, I thought if you were held in a secure hospital having been found guilty but insane you were to be held until you were, well, sane again. 2012 is a pretty fast turnaround.

Does the show go out fully live or is it pre recorded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I have to say I've never heard of anyone being found not guilty of assault due to reason of insanity. Murder certainly, but assault never.

Besides, I thought if you were held in a secure hospital having been found guilty but insane you were to be held until you were, well, sane again. 2012 is a pretty fast turnaround.

I think it used to be live until one night there was an incident involving an elderly lady who was a contestant on the show.

When she was asked whether she wanted to 'stay on the board' or 'shoot for the stars', she couldn't decide and started into...'enie meanie miney mo, catch the n***er by the toe' live on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I think it used to be live until one night there was an incident involving an elderly lady who was a contestant on the show.

When she was asked whether she wanted to 'stay on the board' or 'shoot for the stars', she couldn't decide and started into...'enie meanie miney mo, catch the n***er by the toe' live on air.

No way! That can't be true... can it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Some of the audience wouldn't be fully live , more preserved if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

And is it true Edward that your uncle is a monk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

So they are saying they hope he will donate his winnings to a victims charity.

Me fckin arse he will. More chance of him donating his winnings to build a bigger prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

And is it true Edward that your uncle is a monk?

Didnt he have trials for liverpool?....

No, I said he was on trial in liverpool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

I only typed the letters e d w into google and it auto filled as Edward Hutch. Seems to be quite a bit of national interest, RTE will be bringing on a gangsters relative to be a special guest every week if it goes like this every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What the fcuk did I just read..

Nephew criminal of former gangster to appear on TV game show just months after being found not guilty, by reason of insanity, of assaulting a prison officer while serving time inside, as he was of the belief that his gangster uncle had put a sex change into him, with the help of bribed screws, via methadone, after he began to feel that his genitals were shrinking and that he was growing breasts. Fellow contestant 'Sexy Natasha' says she doesn't mind and just wants to win some money.

The world has gone fcuking mad.

Lol, think I will definitely tune in now.

:D

No way! That can't be true... can it? :D

I read it recently, it is supposed to be true afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Does he know he doesn't have burn the gateaway car out and wear a bally yeah?

Doesn't he have a 10 year driving ban anyway.

Will probably take the option to nominate someone to play for him, or be adviced to do so.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

How the hell is someone with 189 criminal convictions out on the street?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

What the fcuk did I just read..

Nephew criminal of former gangster to appear on TV game show just months after being found not guilty, by reason of insanity, of assaulting a prison officer while serving time inside, as he was of the belief that his gangster uncle had put a sex change into him, with the help of bribed screws, via methadone, after he began to feel that his genitals were shrinking and that he was growing breasts. Fellow contestant 'Sexy Natasha' says she doesn't mind and just wants to win some money.

The world has gone fcuking mad.

Ah Jeez...when you put it like that. Now I simply have to watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Doesn't he have a 10 year driving ban anyway.

Will probably take the option to nominate someone to play for him, or be adviced to do so.

Uncle Gerry has a Limo hire business so he can drive him......Oh hang on isn't he living in fear of his uncle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Uncle Gerry has a Limo hire business so he can drive him......

Aye, Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB) chased him to try and claim back any money he may have made from crime and eventually recovered almost €2m. Hutch then claimed he was broke and they had cleaned him dry but yet, as you say, went on to start a Limo Hire business. And the name of that Limo Hire Business: Carry Any Body Limos.

Purely coincidental of course :)

• Advertisement

Aye, Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB) chased him to try and claim back any money he may have made from crime and eventually recovered almost €2m. Hutch then claimed he was broke and they had cleaned him dry but yet, as you say, went on to start a Limo Hire business. And the name of that Limo Hire Business: Carry Any Body Limos.

Purely coincidental of course :)

I remember the headline in the Herald.. 'Monk takes CAB for a ride'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Program will probably be the subject of a TV3 crime documentary soon afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Marty will be keeping the letter opener in his pocket at all times during the show...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I only typed the letters e d w into google and it auto filled as Edward Hutch. Seems to be quite a bit of national interest, RTE will be bringing on a gangsters relative to be a special guest every week if it goes like this every time.

The fianna fail are fheis was only on RTE a few months back as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

I wonder where he bought his winning ticket. I'd love to buy one in that shop.

Cab will have a s4itfit if he wins half a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The fianna fail are fheis was only on RTE a few months back as well!

Gas

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Winning Streak is well-known for being a dangerous place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ha this is gonna be great!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

gramar wrote: »
    That's assuming he bought it. Maybe Marty will ask him how it made it's way into his possession.
    Tax free winnings are a great way to launder money ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

However, Miss Donegal will be joined by at least 24 family and friends for the show.

Gorgeous Natasha, from Newtowncunningham, Co Donegal, said her boyfriend Chris Coyle put off a stag party trip to Spain to be at the show with her. She said: “I told him not to be silly and go to the stag party but he insisted on coming along to the show.

“I’ll have to get him something special out of my winnings now.

He knew exactly what he was doing then :pac:

Advertisement