Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 2016

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Villa05 wrote: »
    This happens on all tv programs. I think Vincent brown might be the exception

Matt Cooper is fairly adamant it doesn't happen on his.....

https://twitter.com/cooper_m/status/654597325185228800

https://twitter.com/cooper_m/status/654593263555493889

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'm much better off after the budget, about 1300 euro.
    I would however prefer if there were no tax reductions and instead the government built a new prison and invested in the garda.
    Maybe then people could sleep more soundly in their beds at night and the streets would be a safer place to walk.
    I'm sick of hearing of assaults etc.. carried out by people with 10+ convictions

That's shortsighted.

Some of the causes of crime are poverty and unemployment. During the boom we had exceptionally low crime rates.

More money to spend = more employment = less crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Jawgap wrote: »

RTE's comment makes sense to me.

It's jsut a case of the Times journalist acting surprised and making a fuzz out of something everybody knew already to attract attention. Funny thing is RTE's journalists would also do that on a regular basis - good for them to swallow a bit of their own medicine :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

Ministers always ask for questions in advance and always rely on their advisors to tell them the answers. How else do you think some middle aged lad who has spent his life in the family business of filling potholes and chasing coffins can overnight become head of basically a multi million Euro business and start answering complicated questions with an air of authority. Those little seals the president hands them aren't magical.

• Advertisement
Advertisement