Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I say Richard and Vana for the final.

Edit: I was half right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Just realised Sugar has experience in software with his Sinclair Computers. That may go in Vanas favour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

colossus-x wrote: »
    Just realised Sugar has experience in software with his Sinclair Compters. That may go in Vana's favour.
    Surely Amstrad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Delighted that Joseph is in there!

colossus-x wrote: »
    Just realised Sugar has experience in software with his Sinclair Computers. That may go in Vanas favour.

I had an Amstrad 464 when I was 13. Amstrad is "Alan M Sugar Trading".

And Richard is gone. Great candidate, but like Jordan his business plan was a bit shady. If you can't learn from previous series, then there is the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I'm delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd really love if the next fired candidate stood up and said "fvck you" and stormed out.

FIRE THIS

as you start throwing chairs at Claude, Karen and Lord Sugar

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Gentlefolk : See ye all again on Sunday night, God willing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm backing Joseph. I reckon Sugar has a soft spot for self made, straight speaking, down to earth guys like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Never understand how people think they can go on the Apprentice, think they can win and somehow retain their current business. It's baffling.

Delighted Richard has gone.

Joseph for the win, seems like a really nice, grounded guy with a solid business plan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Manach wrote: »
    Surely Amstrad?

Amstrad bought Sinclair somewhere along the way which is why I got muddled. Unfortunately my memory is not as reliable as a computers.

I'm backing Joseph. I reckon Sugar has a soft spot for self made, straight speaking, down to earth guys like him.

Totally.

Charlene looks terrific on"You're Fired".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Mirror image of last year when the bird with the tights seemed a sure thing and Sugar stuck to the mouthy fella who was more in his own mould.

Joseph will win.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yep. Remember when he simply wouldn't get rid of that idiot Michael Sophocles? Or when that fool Simon beat Kristina Grimes to win the whole show?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Called it, yay! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think the best (only decent) business plans got through. Charlenes plan was OK but Gary's was rubbish and I still don't know what Richard's plan is.

I liked Gary but that idea shouldn't have even made the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Nice contrast for the final - the 20% chance of succeeding plan that could make bazillions, or the 80% chance of succeeding plan that will make a few million. I'm not sure which one Sugar will pick.

hmmm wrote: »
    Nice contrast for the final - the 20% chance of succeeding plan that could make bazillions, or the 80% chance of succeeding plan that will make a few million. I'm not sure which one Sugar will pick.

I can't see him picking Vanas. He knows little about dating apps and it is so risky as a complete moneysink where he'd need to keep investing to keep it going.

As said, Tinder took two years to make revenue, not even profit and was a short snappy app which is accessible. Could be wrong but Joseph's has scale and seems like a sure thing of profit over an extended period.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I can't see him picking Vanas. He knows little about dating apps and it is so risky as a complete moneysink where he'd need to keep investing to keep it going.

As said, Tinder took two years to make revenue, not even profit and was a short snappy app which is accessible. Could be wrong but Joseph's has scale and seems like a sure thing of profit over an extended period.
    Joseph kept going on about making 60k profit as if that was going to impress Sugar. The guys a billionaire, what does he care about a business where the owner thinks 60k is impressive?

Varna is thinking big, and you're right it could be a complete money sink. But it could also make an awful lot of money if he gets it right, and he is/was in the IT business.

It depends if Sugar wants to play it safe I guess :)

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

Does anyone seriously believe this is going to cost Sugar a penny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Didn't notice the bitter Selina in the final programme.

Does anyone seriously believe this is going to cost Sugar a penny?

It does. He puts 250k into each business each year. Journalists have attacked him every year over it trying to find out that he invests nothing or its from an appearance fee or anything along those lines.

His appearance fee goes to charity and it's been shown each year that it's his 250k that's invested.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I must think I'm in the minority when it comes to the interview stage. It's so fake, they script what they are going to say and shout for good TV.

Oh, it's totally fake... and that's why I love it! :D
    Anyone know how I might be able to watch tonight's episode online? Or know a way to get around the BBC iPlayer? :o

Hola.
    Manach wrote: »
    Is it me (perhaps) but are all these business plans not really up to snuff.

I wonder does LS have the choice to not invest in any of them?

Yep. Remember when he simply wouldn't get rid of that idiot Michael Sophocles? Or when that fool Simon beat Kristina Grimes to win the whole show?! :eek:

Simon was nothing like Sugar though. I think he went to Eton and was rather plummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Sugar is greedy. Loves money. A rival to Tinder would be something he would relish. He's too old to go into the DIY business. The girl is a shoo in

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

hmmm wrote: »

More like 1% and 10% chances of succeeding imo

Its about playing the long game with something like this. Tinder has 50 million users. Now add an ad to each page swipe, and the company becomes very profitable.

Facebook made a big thing in the early days about not putting ads on the site. They do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Sugar is greedy. Loves money. A rival to Tinder would be something he would relish. He's too old to go into the DIY business. The girl is a shoo in

Tinder is free to use so they're relying on advertising to make money, can't remember much advertising on tinder so I'd doubt that they're making much profit. Sugar would be mad to go with the girl.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Anyone else think Claude was very soft this year in the interviews? Admittedly none of them had truly awful business plans like in previous years, but still.

Linda Plant was some cow to them though, I think she was the most terrifying of the four!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Anyone else think Claude was very soft this year in the interviews? Admittedly none of them had truly awful business plans like in previous years, but still.

Linda Plant was some cow to them though, I think she was the most terrifying of the four!

I agree that Claude was a lot softer, but I thought this year's business plans were mostly appalling

Advertisement