Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

https://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-movie/

So......

Statham as Sledge (no brainer).
    John Cena Jackal
    Anyone Mute
    Smoke same
    Thatcher same

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Grace Jones as Clash :pac:

I would hope it's purely based on the books though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Grace Jones as Clash :pac:

I would hope it's purely based on the books though.

Skin from skunk anansie as clash or you're doing it wrong

a48ab1d58a73ce551ac5eeef85677409.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Skin from skunk anansie as clash or you're doing it wrong

a48ab1d58a73ce551ac5eeef85677409.jpg

I was about to say the exact same thing. I kinda suspect they modelled Clash after her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I was about to say the exact same thing. I kinda suspect they modelled Clash after her.

Im still shocked every time.I hear her say 'you fucķing muppets(!)' In game.

• Advertisement

Thats genius :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anyone else on ps4 going in to a game only to have a black screen even though the ui is there when options button is pressed? Can play but in complete blackness. Happened me three times now (although only when joining an ongoing match)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

smokingman wrote: »
    Anyone else on ps4 going in to a game only to have a black screen even though the ui is there when options button is pressed? Can play but in complete blackness. Happened me three times now (although only when joining an ongoing match)

Yip. Joining a game in progress seems to have a high risk of the match beginning but once the round stats you get a black screen.

Character movement isn't affected and you're still in the game - you're not not getting the video feed.

Getting killed solves the issue, when the next round starts your feed will return or you can leave the match.

It's a known issue for all platforms. Would expect it to be fixed in a patch before or on the next season.

Reddit thread on this here https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/9cy1ig/black_screen/

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

Is this game deservedly an 18?
    My 12.5 year old son is desperate to play it?
    Many reviews seem to suggest the 18 rating is too high?
    Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

This short video is about as violent as it gets.

Also the opposing team in this video are hilariously bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

john9876 wrote: »
    Any thoughts?

There is some cursin in game (from operators with pre-recorded sayings), it's a shooting game where you primarily aim for a headshot..

But most importantly, there is a fairly toxic community of players - so if he is communicating with them via headset or text, there can be serious toxicity, cursing, chastising, bullying and the like.

Fine if you have a thick skin, but if you don't (like many youths), then it might be too much. Your decision!

there is shooting,
    getting caught in bear traps
    standing on spikes and getting poisioned,
    getting electrocuted / blown up / hit with a sledgehammer
    interrogation, then stabbed in the neck,

but none of what I'd call outright gore for the most part.

then again, the home alone movies have much of the same sort of carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

That vid is old!!! Who tell me the players on both teams going by those old icons????

Any thoughts?

Should be fine for him. Its not particularly gory or explicit, lots of games these days would be. There's a ton of very young sounding kids playing the game.

Its a tactical first person shooter - a thinking mans game. It requires strategy and finesse to get ahead.

I was watching/ doing a lot worse at that age.

Jim O Doom makes a good point though RE headset usage - thats really the only variable. If your son doesnt want to suck, he will want to wear a headset playing this, and thus be exposed to an earful from whomever. I find it very rare to be abused by teammates on headset, but it does happen.

He doesnt need to communicate with them (he can put his mic on mute) but he would need the headset for audio as regards situational awareness etc.

Anyone watch the ESL league? Pretty enjoyable I have to say.

Looking forward to Wind Bastion. Nomad looks awesome. Kaid will definitely see Bandit fall away.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

thanks everybody.
    We will resist for a few more years. I hadn't thought about the fact that he'll be playing with more adults than something like fortnite ...

Hadn't played in ages as busy with other games, hopped into the first match and I see that the little connection indicator light is flashing away mad in red and yellow. Wtf is going on? It's been this way with months now. It's not my internet, I'm on a wired connection with a 30ms ping to the neu server. Have they even acknowledged it's an issue?

Just reached plat 3 for the first time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Just reached plat 3 for the first time!!

Congrats! You'll be sticking that charm on every gun you have. :D
    I haven't even ranked this season. Just haven't played enough. Got to get back into it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hadn't played in ages as busy with other games, hopped into the first match and I see that the little connection indicator light is flashing away mad in red and yellow. Wtf is going on? It's been this way with months now. It's not my internet, I'm on a wired connection with a 30ms ping to the neu server. Have they even acknowledged it's an issue?

I get it the odd time but I dont find it as much of a problem as I do with losing out to others with a WORSE PING then mine.

Trying very hard to get back into it the last week as a few other lads in the clan are playing it now, still great craic with 3-4 players.

Blitz still does my fookin head in....I hate to see or hear him coming!!!

Really really wish they would sort out the TKing and that the player with the better ping suffers more then the laggy ****s playing (I think they use Peer to Peer Servers iirc)

Grayson wrote:
    Congrats! You'll be sticking that charm on every gun you have. I haven't even ranked this season. Just haven't played enough. Got to get back into it soon.

I forgot I get a charm out of it!!!!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I get it the odd time but I dont find it as much of a problem as I do with losing out to others with a WORSE PING then mine.

Trying very hard to get back into it the last week as a few other lads in the clan are playing it now, still great craic with 3-4 players.

Blitz still does my fookin head in....I hate to see or hear him coming!!!

Really really wish they would sort out the TKing and that the player with the better ping suffers more then the laggy ****s playing (I think they use Peer to Peer Servers iirc)

If you need a 5th, id be happy to join some nights, provided its PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Got myself a Xbox one X there last week and reinstalled siege and the difference compared to Xbox one s is amazing, I can finally see where I'm getting shot from! I'm not great at the game by any means but I think with the upgrade my game has improved a lot, only problem is none of my friends on Xbox play Siege so Iv been playing solo which hasn't really helped my game and because I'm not great I keep getting team killed or voted out of matches, even when I'm playing good. Another thing is you rarely come across anyone that talks and when you do it seems to be kids. Anyone looking for an extra player who doesn't mind playing with someone who's just alright with the game? Think I would play better if I had a team to play with!

Get into rank asap

CobraClan wrote: »
    Got myself a Xbox one X there last week and reinstalled siege and the difference compared to Xbox one s is amazing, I can finally see where I'm getting shot from! I'm not great at the game by any means but I think with the upgrade my game has improved a lot, only problem is none of my friends on Xbox play Siege so Iv been playing solo which hasn't really helped my game and because I'm not great I keep getting team killed or voted out of matches, even when I'm playing good. Another thing is you rarely come across anyone that talks and when you do it seems to be kids. Anyone looking for an extra player who doesn't mind playing with someone who's just alright with the game? Think I would play better if I had a team to play with!

Add me, and invite if you see me online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

thanks everybody.
    We will resist for a few more years. I hadn't thought about the fact that he'll be playing with more adults than something like fortnite ...

It's not the adults playing the game who are toxic, it's the kids trying to act like hardman elite players using shock tactics to try to get a reaction. I just don't bother talking.

Lots of adults play Fortnite as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Add me, and invite if you see me online.

Yeah that would be cool, could you pm me your gametag?

• Advertisement

Ive basically always played solo queue in ranked. Last number of nights I played I quickly found a team who were communicating and we kept playing as a team. It's fantastic fun when that goes well for you as so few teams do communicate, you can really hammer teams when you do.

Advertisement