Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

D_turbo wrote: »
    Can any one pass a verdict based on whats been played?

Thinking of buying this for xbox one on launch.
    Im never really vocal on games so is it essential on this to be in contact with team mates?

Always been a fan of the rainbow6 games but a bit unsure on this.

This is a savage R6 game (consolized tho) pretty sure 5 lads on comms will beat 5 lads not on comms 90% of the time.

If your an R6 fan then you must buy it but as an R6 fan you know communication and teamwork are key to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

anyone else having massive CPU usage playing this game . have a look the next time your playing i have a i7 3770k overclocked to 4.4 and a GTX 780Ti and my CPU usage is nearly 100% . anyone else having this ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Was really enjoying this last night, however it's been down again all morning so far. I'm raging, was so really fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Really like using Castle, god damn those strengthened doors you can put up are a nightmare to attack. Looking forward to tuesday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So, I'm a big fan of R6 games but I missed the Beta; I'm just wondering how the multiplayer felt. Were people playing it tactically or just trying to play it like Call Of Duty, run kill run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Grayditch wrote: »
    So, I'm a big fan of R6 games but I missed the Beta; I'm just wondering how the multiplayer felt. Were people playing it tactically or just trying to play it like Call Of Duty, run kill run?

Feels like the old rainbow games but with plenty of gadgets. Run and gun simply doesn't work on this one, communication I think is vital. There are characters that are quicker moving but you sacrifice armour strength in return. Beta is still running I think and its open to everyone.

That's what I wanna hear. I need an intelligent shooter.

Oh really, I might try the Beta so, class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I'm playing it now, I'm hooked!! Enjoying the slower pace.

The first few times getting holed up and hearing them get closer was tense, hadn't had that kind of tension in ages!

Found out Kapkans booby trap will kill anyone on any floor that is standing directly above it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Try insurgency aswell if you want an intelligent shooter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If you don't connect to servers don't abandon the game. Give it a minute. It will place you into offline mode on the main menu. Wait and it will attempt another connection after about 30 Seconds and then it will work.

Give it a go. Works everytime for me on Xbox1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What is with the ****ing regards team killing the minute the round starts, getting more and more common. If you team kill once you should not be able to fire weapon or some kind of penalty. Really annoying..!!!

Also Tachanka class that mounted MG is useless tbh. Area needed to set up is far to big to be useful so you end up setting it in wide open spaces and get shot no probs.

I had this FAIL earlier using a new character with a different weapon special.

gTh8P5H.gif

ux0cl.jpg

Played 3 games there, some real braindead people team killing and not reviving, but hopefully there'll be less of those in the actual release. I can see this being great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Had a few games with some of the lads on here earlier, first impressions are I really enjoyed it. There was some very funny moments in some our games tonight. Looking forward to a few more games tomorrow!

Played 3 games there, some real braindead people team killing and not reviving, but hopefully there'll be less of those in the actual release. I can see this being great.
    Yep. I was using a drone to spot targets for some of the team who were breaching a room when I was team killed. When I asked wtf that was about the guy replied it was because I was AFk.... What a wally.

The only way to play this game is to try and get a full team together or at least 4 players to avoid some of the randomer stupidty.

Ah, that explains my first teamkill. I was inverting my controls for the first time when I was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anyone have any issues with getting into games as a full squad?

We couldn't get in at all on Xbox one. Only three teamed together. It wasn't any one player either because we tried the combination with everyone and any of the 3/5 could play together.

irishmover wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with getting into games as a full squad?

We couldn't get in at all on Xbox one. Only three teamed together. It wasn't any one player either because we tried the combination with everyone and any of the 3/5 could play together.

Someone in your team has a port issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Someone in your team has a port issue.

Nah its not. People reporting in their droves jusr seen it. As I said we couldn't narrow anyone down. Everyone could play 3 people. Nobody could play more than 3.

The error is across all platforms too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Only managed to get a quick go on this last night (after errors every other time trying to play), I was expecting a bit more to be honest.

Has the Vegas type cover mechanic been completely removed and replaced with the lean option?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I had this FAIL earlier using a new character with a different weapon special.

gTh8P5H.gif

ux0cl.jpg

Haha I am still laughing after that game yesterday. I recorded it as you ran up to the door. Then all I can see is your body blown sideways across the corridor!

Great games yesterday, picking this game up for sure. It is alot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

How can I share my xbox captures so you can see some of Failsafe's skill :)

Nevermind, got it :) I wish it recorded the party chat aswell as the video :)

4t0xkCp.gif

logik wrote: »
    How can I share my xbox captures so you can see some of Failsafe's skill :)

Go to XBOXDVR.com and you can share the video of it and turn it into a gif too like he did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

When it works and you don't experience bugs its a great game and a must buy for me but but but ......

http://www.pcinvasion.com/is-rainbow-six-siege-ready-for-release

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dcully wrote: »
    When it works and you don't experience bugs its a great game and a must buy for me but but but ......

http://www.pcinvasion.com/is-rainbow-six-siege-ready-for-release

They released the game on Thanksgiving weekend.... You know the time when most americans are off work and schools are closed.

A tad idiotic in terms of load management. I would not expect this to be replicated when live live.

Based of that im ignoring any articles about the quality of the servers for this currently.

The game itself, love it. Refreshing changes from the likes of COD etc, I love the building walls etc, its a great dynamic cant fault the game myself right now and i will be buying it come release.

Interesting enough when you open a small sub menu during the game you can see port status and connection info such as your ping to the servers.

My ping was only 22ms. The last time I had a ping that low to servers was in Titanfall which uses Microsoft servers in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Complaining about something not working in Beta software? Isn't that the whole idea?

listermint wrote: »
    They released the game on Thanksgiving weekend.... You know the time when most americans are off work and schools are closed.

A tad idiotic in terms of load management. I would not expect this to be replicated when live live.

Based of that im ignoring any articles about the quality of the servers for this currently.

The game itself, love it. Refreshing changes from the likes of COD etc, I love the building walls etc, its a great dynamic cant fault the game myself right now and i will be buying it come release.

The game hasn't been released yet. Its the beta that we have all been playing. They are specifically load testing the servers to make adjustments. They have been taking the servers down at certain periods to make adjustments.

We'll have to see at launch how the servers perform.

• Advertisement

They have been taking the servers down at certain periods to make adjustments.

They specifically did this every time I tried to play too, what are the chances? :pac:

I got on once for a while for some lone wolf terrorist hunt, my favourite vegas mode! Can't say I was sold on the game at all, I will be waiting for a sale passed on a few things.
    1. I was expecting it to look a lot better.
    2. Is the cover system gone?
    3. Content, Rainbow 6 for me was all about single player in the past, Terrorist Hunt was a fantastic addition, no interest in PvP in R6 for some reason, could never get into it. So Seige will have 11 maps only and just for PvP and TH, no Story mode.
    4. No split screen local Terrorist Hunt

They seem to have taken the best parts of Vegas 1 and 2 and binned them.

Advertisement