Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refugees.

Options
  • 11-09-2015 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Is the "current" refugee "crisis" a manufactured event?

Dunno why there isn't a CT thread on it, if there is, Mods, please delete this.

My opinion? It's too sudden, too full-on and too welcomed by our political masters to be just a confluence of events. I smell deeper interests..or it could be the dog, he is fairly damp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

The comments are flowing in thick and fast...as per usual with CT fanboys...all 20:20 on the past, not so 20:20 on the present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

i think that during war times, families flee. i also think that plenty of militants will be fleeing. whether they are intentionally placed is an interesting proposition.

i think its too early to tell... but so far every picture of a militant/refugee that ive seen, has been debunked quite clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

There is nothing sudden about it. It has been coming since the drought and the subsequent government reaction.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Who do you think it's manufactured by?

I heard some concern that among the refugees, there may in all likelihood be Militant-Minded people among them. It could be a handful or a hundred, or none.

If it is manufactured, I expect it is manufactured by Middle Eastern influencers, not Western.

Overheal wrote: »
    Who do you think it's manufactured by?

I heard some concern that among the refugees, there may in all likelihood be Militant-Minded people among them. It could be a handful or a hundred, or none.

If it is manufactured, I expect it is manufactured by Middle Eastern influencers, not Western.

But why the sudden volte-face on EU policy?

Last month it was "Sorry, but you must go home" after a drawn out process of hoop-jumping for people looking to enter...Now, suddenly, it's doors wide open, come one, come all, welcome.

That, to me is a deliberate and fundamental shift. A policy shift if you like. And Policies only get shifted by the powers that be. So, why the policy shift? Is it mere expediency, or is there a more sinister motive? Or even just a sneaky motive? Or is this just another triumph of Political laziness/stupidity?

• Advertisement

May be a situation thats been brewing far longer though, heres a timeline i found to catch up on the events dating back to 2011

http://syrianrefugees.eu/?page_id=163

So would it be safe to assume that I'm alone in thinking this is going to end waaaay badly? Next to nothing by way of coverage in the media of violent clashes involving "refugees" and police/locals/other "refugees"...absolute tsunami-levels in terms of numbers following behind the initial influx and seemingly little or no will to impose law/order/border regulations for fear of being branded "racist" on the part of the authorities.

To me, this won't end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Something is fishy alright. How are all these people affording the exuberant fees the smugglers are charging for the sea transit?

Anyway, thought this was interesting. The apocalyptic novel Camp of the Saints depicts pretty much the same scenario as what we are experiencing: the mass immigration of milions of third world refugees into Europe with exuberant support of the media. The refugees are coming by boats. Where it gets weird? The book was written in 1973.( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camp_of_the_Saints)

Another place to dig is to check out a guy called Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi. An influential count who advocated reducing the world population to one race. Wrote a few books, I believe he was influential with the League of Nations before the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

It's interesting that the rich gulf countries have said no to refugees while at the same time have offered to build mosques for the new refugees in Germany.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/saudi-arabia-offers-germany-200-mosques--one-for-every-100-refugees-who-arrived-last-weekend-10495082.html

Saudi have always wanted to use their own money to spread Islam around the world and this is their perfect opportunity. So in that sense this is playing into their hands. I think they've had a large role in creating many of these refugees with the purpose of encouraging more muslims to go to Europe.

The media have gone along with it because they are afraid of being called racist.

Why the policy shift with Angela Merkel? I can't really say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Something is fishy alright. How are all these people affording the exuberant fees the smugglers are charging for the sea transit?

Those are the ones that can afford it. It's a market price, which means it's set at the highest point that those numbers can afford.

Those that can't afford it are in other countries, Jordan for example, where there are nearly a million refugees in a country with a population of 6 million. There are 1.5 million in Turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

[...]
    Saudi have always wanted to use their own money to spread Islam around the world and this is their perfect opportunity. So in that sense this is playing into their hands. I think they've had a large role in creating many of these refugees with the purpose of encouraging more muslims to go to Europe.

my thoughts exactly
    The media have gone along with it because they are afraid of being called racist.

the result of decades of media brainwash
    Why the policy shift with Angela Merkel? I can't really say.

that’s an interesting one alright, i am sure there's some sort of foreign intervention behind that, a phone call from washington or so…after all, weakening germany has always been on the agenda for certain interest groups…

Overheal wrote: »
    May be a situation thats been brewing far longer though, heres a timeline i found to catch up on the events dating back to 2011

http://syrianrefugees.eu/?page_id=163

As I have already said, there is nothing sudden about this.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

So would it be safe to assume that I'm alone in thinking this is going to end waaaay badly? Next to nothing by way of coverage in the media of violent clashes involving "refugees" and police/locals/other "refugees"...absolute tsunami-levels in terms of numbers following behind the initial influx and seemingly little or no will to impose law/order/border regulations for fear of being branded "racist" on the part of the authorities.

To me, this won't end well.

You are certainly not alone but there is a couple of different ways to go about it, would you consider yourself to be more of a rational thinker or would you align yourself with the likes of britains first etc

Of course there is scope to consider the negative implications of any mass refugee crisis, there is also fear mongering and bull****.

You are certainly not alone but there is a couple of different ways to go about it, would you consider yourself to be more of a rational thinker or would you align yourself with the likes of britains first etc

Of course there is scope to consider the negative implications of any mass refugee crisis, there is also fear mongering and bull****.

I think, unless you happened to be an unfortunate Hungarian or Greek, with thousands of dissafected Refugees in the street right outside your home, it would be hard to fully come to a conclusion. My own vague view is that it is a disaster in the making that will bite the whole of Europe on the a55. Tsunamis are never good, whether consisting of water or people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Lord Riverside

The Irish youth that all fecked off over the last few years need to be replaced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭fartingforfun

Posted this elsewhere should have been here.
    Think long term.
    The USA lost the Vietnam war because the civilians back in the states where against the war after they seen TV footage of innocent Vietnamese civilians getting killed. Military wise the USA could have wiped the floor with the North Vietnamese, but the public at home did not have the stomach for it.
    Present day, the oil is in the middle east, the USA/EU want it, the way to get it all and keep it out of the hands of the Chinese is to invade and take it by force.
    So the lessons from Vietnam are now put in effect, create the "Mad Muslim" who wants to kill all westerns, allow ISIS to grow and become pure evil, now flood the EU with muslims, a few terrorists attacks from some of these new european muslims, keep pushing the idea of "Mad Muslims" leave to simmer for a few years before you bring to the boil.
    "The only way to protect our freedoms is if we take the war to ISIS and invade"
    The public in USA/EU will by now agree with the politicians, and when the news video from this new war shows civilians getting killed, we in the west won't care.
    "All those Muslims are mad, better to kill them before they kill us"

Posted this elsewhere should have been here.
    Think long term.
    The USA lost the Vietnam war because the civilians back in the states where against the war after they seen TV footage of innocent Vietnamese civilians getting killed. Military wise the USA could have wiped the floor with the North Vietnamese, but the public at home did not have the stomach for it.
    Present day, the oil is in the middle east, the USA/EU want it, the way to get it all and keep it out of the hands of the Chinese is to invade and take it by force.
    So the lessons from Vietnam are now put in effect, create the "Mad Muslim" who wants to kill all westerns, allow ISIS to grow and become pure evil, now flood the EU with muslims, a few terrorists attacks from some of these new european muslims, keep pushing the idea of "Mad Muslims" leave to simmer for a few years before you bring to the boil.
    "The only way to protect our freedoms is if we take the war to ISIS and invade"
    The public in USA/EU will by now agree with the politicians, and when the news video from this new war shows civilians getting killed, we in the west won't care.
    "All those Muslims are mad, better to kill them before they kill us"
    Yup - pretty much what I reckon in a nutshell..

The Irish youth that all fecked off over the last few years need to be replaced.

Get a new schtick. That one is gone stale. And dull.

Present day, the oil is in the middle east, the USA/EU want it

The US will be a net producer of oil soon and they import most of their oil from Canada/Mexico. Instigating a war in the Middle East generally equals higher oil prices. The French/Chinese won most of the oil contracts in Iraq, which cost the US billions to invade. Syria has no oil and a war-town Iraq = more expensive oil for everyone, besides OPEC is already fairly onside with the US/EU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Lord Riverside

Get a new schtick. That one is gone stale. And dull.

The truth is never stale and dull, unless of course you're afraid of hearing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Joe1919

Islamic State reveals it has smuggled THOUSANDS of extremists into Europe

I think there is a possibility that this crisis is deliberately manufactured.......a sort of ISIS Trojan horse so to speak! Should we take the risk?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555434/Islamic-State-ISIS-Smuggler-THOUSANDS-Extremists-into-Europe-Refugees

Joe, this is being slated as the biggest refugee crisis since Rwanda. Millions of people, a majority of which are children. Even 4000 refugee/sleeper-terrorists would be 0.004% of 1 million people. It is also a claim made by ISIS, which in all other likelihood could be declaring that number to - unsurprisingly - invoke fear. If they wanted to actually sneak people in, why advertise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Now Hungary has seen the light and closed its borders. I reckon that's a "phew, TBTG" event tbh. Any bets on how badly Hungary will get slapped by the right on element of Europe? Or the ones that sought this influx in the first place?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Joe1919 wrote: »
    I think there is a possibility that this crisis is deliberately manufactured.......a sort of ISIS Trojan horse so to speak! Should we take the risk?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555434/Islamic-State-ISIS-Smuggler-THOUSANDS-Extremists-into-Europe-Refugees

If the Express told me that the sky was blue, I'd look up. I don't trust it for a second.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Now Hungary has seen the light and closed its borders. I reckon that's a "phew, TBTG" event tbh. Any bets on how badly Hungary will get slapped by the right on element of Europe? Or the ones that sought this influx in the first place?

That sounds like a side-discussion more relevant to politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

If the Express told me that the sky was blue, I'd look up. I don't trust it for a second.

Yeah I'd feel the same way about the 'Express'.

That said we would be very naive to think that there aren't SOME Jihadis planted in among the genuine refugees.

Titanucd wrote: »
    Yeah I'd feel the same way about the 'Express'.

That said we would be very naive to think that there aren't SOME Jihadis planted in among the genuine refugees.

They wouldn't even need to, most European terrorist attacks have been carried out by domestic nationals

Radicalisation doesn't have borders

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

barney4001 wrote: »
    The hazel hotel has been run down for years with nothing going on except local events. I assume it was a case of close down with job losses or open it up to refugees.

Advertisement