Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Jailbait night out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I imagine that this one was on the absolute batter last night in Wesley too....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/grandmother-71-celebrates-junior-cert-results-1.2345680

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I've got a strange feeling a bunch of middle aged people are going to be getting pissed this weekend on account of an exam they sat decades ago.
    The rest of us should stay dry and attempt bowling or Space Invaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Had some mates come over to mine and we sat around drinking for a while. My older brother, who'd bought me a few cans, was downstairs so it wasn't going to get too out of control.

We went out later on and got into a massive brawl. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Went to the junior cert disco in Sir Henry's in Cork. Had a few cans on the bus on the way to town that I "borrowed" from my parents. It was a great night in fairness.

Funny just thinking about it, was with the same lads that night that I was away with last weekend on a stag. 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It was 1993 and I cant remember anything from that time:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

It was 1993 and I cant remember anything from that time:)
    What?!! Thought you were way older. No offence like. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Mine was ****e! Just as I'm ready to leave I get a text saying that the guy throwing the party wasn't letting anymore people in so I was stuck at home....next day I find out the lil fecker lied to my mate and was still letting girls in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,926 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Oh...so that's what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Two Sheds wrote: »
    Dressing like prostitutes and getting stoned out of their tiny minds?

We are talking about children here.. right?

Yeah, rite of passage...circle of life, whatever you want to call it...attempting to drunk walk in faintly comical footwear better suited to circus acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Done the group cert...yes!! the fcuking group cert in 79, jaysus it was a mad night, sure with the Russian hookers and best Columbian coke I was shattered and in bed be 11pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Inter Cert during the Euro's 88
    Leaving Cert during Italia 90

I can't remember a thing ....

CFlat wrote: »
    I did my 'inter' in the early 80s. Myself and my friends went to the local arcade, played pool and the latest high tech video game, Space Invaders. Not a fully nor scantilly clad young one in sight.

So they were all naked? Dammit why did no one tell me where this place was when I was growing up. I used to just go to that one with the black windows where the 44A bus stopped to play pool and "Golden Axe" :)

My own JC results night I spent with my girlfriend at the time reading books on her bed. I am pretty sure the majority of my year in school were drinking in the park and then going somewhere pissed. But I was not very social back then and not only did not go - but was not even invited or informed :) Even the school nerds did not invite me for chess I was that much of an outsider back then in school.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I watched RTE news at 9pm about other junior cert pupils "celebrating" their results. Then I watched prime time followed by news on two and then bed. Got up for school the next morning and had corn flakes for breakfast.

Christ! You make Keith Moon look like Cliff Richard.

P!ss stained trousers, vomit encrusted beards and shoes with no laces? They won't pull looking like that

They will if they are gay hipsters

Dear thread contributors,

I think you're all over reacting, we were all young and uninhibited once! thank god!!

Sincerely Larry murphy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    rip up the results they dont matter. its terrible putting so much pressure on 13-16 year olds for an exam which means nothing.

Is it fuck!

There's 13 year olds all over the world who face far more pressure than a damn exam.
    And the results DO mean something. They show the students what they are good at and what they are not good at. That's far more important than thinking they're great at some subject only to ram it in the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Sudance

not yet wrote: »
    Done the group cert...yes!! the fcuking group cert in 79, jaysus it was a mad night, sure with the Russian hookers and best Columbian coke I was shattered and in bed be 11pm

oh lord, this made me laugh, did the Inter 1980 and thought we were being rebels by singing pink floydd very loudly, at school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I did the inter in the mid 80's. I went to the school and collected my results, end of story. I had a skin full the night of the leaving results alright... no scantily clad young ones to be seen. I didn't start to notice that trend until about 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Kids are far too devious these days though. Short of sitting by and visually monitoring them, it's extremely difficult to know 100% what they're up to. A plan to go over to a friends house for a sleepover could actually be one where skimpy clothes are waiting in said friends house and they'll sneak out when parents aren't watching.
    That trick's been around since a long long time before these days. It was standard 20+ years ago for one.

There are some people saying kids are worse these days (which was being said 30 years ago too) and then others saying they're the same as they ever were.

I dunno. I reckon it's a combination of both. People are the same, but circumstances shape us differently - and of course perspectives change too. Girls were indeed dressing like hookers decades ago, but those clothes are tame compared to the get-ups on them now - state of them!

It would be incorrect to say teens were always little cocky sh-ts. Fifty years ago they'd have gotten a severe beating for it - and it was accepted and standard. Now that's gone (thankfully) so naturally teens don't have the same fear. I'd prefer that to beatings being accepted, but of course there are those cheeky little shytes who weren't as many in number back in the day.

Drink wouldn't have been as easy to procure 30 years ago - but then in the 90s you had alcopops and the like. The sexual shenanigans are bound to have increased - seeing as we're less sexually conservative. But I'd say there is huge exaggeration as to the extent of it among a bunch of 15/16-year-olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ah junior cert night. My friend got his plastic cup of coke spilled all over him because he was sitting on a couch beside a couple who were riding and her knee hit his elbow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

smash wrote: »
    Ah junior cert night. My friend got his plastic cup of coke spilled all over him because he was sitting on a couch beside a couple who were riding and her knee hit his elbow.

Pics or gtfo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

not yet wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo.
    There were no camera phones back then, and disposable cameras were too chunky to carry around. It was great, got away with whatever we wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

My young fella got dropped to a teen disco in Dublin last night.
    I picked him and his friends up when it was over.
    It seemed very well run - no drinking/drunkenness tolerated. The bouncers were even stopping traffic to let the kids safely cross the road.

Minerals and water were being sold for €1 - I thought they would get ripped off there.

He came hope sober and happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Sudance

There were no camera phones back then, and disposable cameras were too chunky to carry around. It was great, got away with whatever we wanted.

OH god yeh, thank god too, if the kids today did half of what we did........

There were no camera phones back then

:P

5436906281_0e06197ea0.jpg

Hmmm why does the IMG tag never work for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Eh, I went to the cinema I think...

Someone stole my jacket from school

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

BraveDonut wrote: »
    My young fella got dropped to a teen disco in Dublin last night.
    I picked him and his friends up when it was over.
    It seemed very well run - no drinking/drunkenness tolerated. The bouncers were even stopping traffic to let the kids safely cross the road.

Minerals and water were being sold for €1 - I thought they would get ripped off there.

The vast majority of teens don't get drunk on junior cert night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

BraveDonut wrote: »

Prepare for your bundle of joy in 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

:P

5436906281_0e06197ea0.jpg

Hmmm why does the IMG tag never work for me?

Because of the standard of clientele, the IMG tag is disabled in After Hours (or is the PC term handicapped differently-abled?). :pac:

• Advertisement

I remember the 40A bus standing room only pulling into the terminus near the the then IERNE dance hall! anyway one lad was so drunk he puked his bodyweight all over the bus and as the bus jerked down the road, the puke made its way towards the driver. Hilarious watching girls and blokes getting off wiping the clobber!!, the year was 1990 ha ha.

he was left like a costume of a man!!! no fluids left, the poor fecker was Nerd also... ahhhh nerds, kings now...:rolleyes:

Advertisement