Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Jailbait night out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

thejuggler wrote: »
    Was passing through town earlier and saw a queue of scantily clad 16 year olds queuing up to get into a venue for a results night gig. It was like an episode of my big fat gypsy wedding.
    More sinister was the number of adult males hanging around observing.

I went to a gig in The Button Factory earlier and before going in, I witnessed a long queue of those scantily-clad young girls going into The Mezz (I think). There were adults standing looking at them but they weren't just adults males. There were some women there too, and most of the onlookers looked like tourists.

I did the Inter Cert in 1988 and I don't think I did anything in particular to celebrate. Alcohol definitely wasn't involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

:D .. Jaysus , I remember my JC night out ... my God I´m old it was 21 years ago ..

Feck. I'm even older. I was in the last year to do the Inter cert.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I did the Junior in 1993, was that the second year of it?

Feel like a young pup posting here tonight! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

endacl wrote: »
    Feck. I'm even older. I was in the last year to do the Inter cert.

:(

Me too. I think I got 6 cans and roamed the streets drinking with my mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I did the Junior in 1993, was that the second year of it?

Feel like a young pup posting here tonight! :D

Shyte. I'm even older. I meant Group cert. did the leaving in 91.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I did the Group in 90 and the Inter in 91 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

My ex (while in his 30's) used to always make sure to be out for the night of the JC results. Don't know whether it was being pervy or was his mental age. Either way.. *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rip up the results they dont matter. its terrible putting so much pressure on 13-16 year olds for an exam which means nothing.

I did the Inter Cert in 1990. The Leaving in '93. '90 was definitely the last year for the Inter.

It seems I'm wrong. It was '91.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

21 years ago for me too, we got a few cans of beer and drank them in a friends house, walked into town and if memory serves me correctly, walked back home again.

• Advertisement

Smidge wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    I started secondary in 88....so Group in second year ie 90 and then my inter the following year which was 91.

Yeah, edited above. I was thinking of my brother who was the last year to do it. Because the fcukers wouldn't build a school for us, we had a half day every day for the whole year in 4th year. The b@stards then made us repeat it! So me and the bro did our Leaving in the same year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

I honestly haven't a ****ing notion what I did the night of my junior or leaving cert results. Maybe drank a few cans somewhere and went out to try and score a bird. Nothing out of the ordinary to the next ten years of weekends really.

Suppose I didn't hang around with lads who put too much value on the results. And **** are we paying for it now ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ugh it's only the Junior Cert. What's the point going out celebrating/binge drinking and putting yourself at risk of sexual assault for what's the equivalent of 8 level 3 FETAC'S on the National Framework of Qualifications?

The National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA) and Fás offer level 3 courses to the illiterate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

My Inter Cert was 1960, I think, we didn't do anything to celebrate.

My god and you're still alive! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I did the JC in 2006 I think. We went to a nightclub and I probably got a bit drunk. Would have went home early enough after. Nothing too exciting

I did buy a very low cut dress which was really expensive and I felt amazing in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Pubs in Newcastle West were packed to the rafters back in 1989 or 1990. Underage drinking was a major factor in the economy of small town Ireland. Nobody died and nobody got laid. Although of course the usual suspects pulled 10 birds (who then vanished into thin air) and had mad passionate sex with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Cousin raided me for clothes but they have best of gear now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Pubs in Newcastle West were packed to the rafters back in 1989 or 1990. Underage drinking was a major factor in the economy of small town Ireland. Nobody died and nobody got laid. Although of course the usual suspects pulled 10 birds (who then vanished into thin air) and had mad passionate sex with them.
    Don't remember there being any sexnanigans the night of my junior cert (that I knew of) either. Lots of extremely wasted teenagers all right though. Only shockin' Joe so it was! :eek:

Don't remember there being any sexnanigans the night of my junior cert (that I knew of) either. Lots of extremely wasted teenagers all right though. Only shockin' Joe so it was! :eek:

As to what young Duffy himself got up to out in Ballyer back on the night of his results - the old wans are still talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Is it the Junior Cert or Cycle now? It's hard to keep up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Sudance

God times have changed, I was allowed to go to the end of 3rd year disco after begging pleading threats and even attempted blackmail, Got compliments all evening about how nice my red cordoroys and grey polo neck double knit thick grey 'gansai' was.

I had more underwear on beneath that lot than the girls these days are wearing to disco. God help any girls I have as granddaughers.

Faith+1 wrote: »
    My god and you're still alive! :pac:

You may not be for very long @)

Sudance wrote: »
    God times have changed, I was allowed to go to the end of 3rd year disco after begging pleading threats and even attempted blackmail, Got compliments all evening about how nice my red cordoroys and grey polo neck double knit thick grey 'gansai' was.

I had more underwear on beneath that lot than the girls these days are wearing to disco. God help any girls I have as granddaughers.

At 40 going on 900, I can safely say that kids were always getting pissed and dressing like tramps. And old folks were going tut-tut and remembering cailins dancing at the crossroads (with a naggin of vodka concealed).
    Let the little buggers make all the mistakes we did thinking that they're doing something new and revolutionary. Just have strong coffee and a disprin for the little pets hangover. And pray nothing surprising emerges in 9 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Senna wrote: »
    21 years ago for me too, we got a few cans of beer and drank them in a friends house, walked into town and if memory serves me correctly, walked back home again.

Tennants?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I have two kids, they are a while away from this type of galavanting yet but i swear TA **** there will be none of these shenanigans going on when they reach junior cert or leaving cert for that matter.

Drunken yobs and sluts.

Get a bit of respect for themselves.

Hijpo wrote: »
    I have two kids, they are a while away from this type of galavanting yet but i swear TA **** there will be none of these shenanigans going on when they reach junior cert or leaving cert for that matter.

Drunken yobs and sluts.

Yes, they will become nuns and swear off men and hard liquor for life. Same goes if they're girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hijpo wrote: »

Drunken yobs and sluts.

Said every parent ever...

At 40 going on 900, I can safely say that kids were always getting pissed and dressing like tramps. And old folks were going tut-tut and remembering cailins dancing at the crossroads (with a naggin of vodka concealed).
    Let the little buggers make all the mistakes we did thinking that they're doing something new and revolutionary. Just have strong coffee and a disprin for the little pets hangover. And pray nothing surprising emerges in 9 months.

At 50 going on 30 I can safely say that kids were not always getting pissed and dressing like tramps. I also remember being at crossroad ceilis and no tut tuting old folks, they were too busy having a great time dancing, singing and the banter. Sadly I havent seen old people enjoy themselves like that in a long time, and a lot of kids these days are being done a dis service by not having a lot of elderly in their lives.

Some seriously misguided parents if they are allowing their daughters to go out at night, at 15 y/o dress in noting more than a skimpy pair knickers and skimpy vest.

The only sober and sensible crossroad ceilis that ever existed in this country were in Eamon De Valera's pointy little head. And there is a distinct whiff of weed off that radio address. Probably smoking a few with the Mexican ambassador before going live to the nation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sudance wrote: »
    Some seriously misguided parents if they are allowing their daughters to go out at night, at 15 y/o dress in noting more than a skimpy pair knickers and skimpy vest.

Kids are far too devious these days though. Short of sitting by and visually monitoring them, it's extremely difficult to know 100% what they're up to. A plan to go over to a friends house for a sleepover could actually be one where skimpy clothes are waiting in said friends house and they'll sneak out when parents aren't watching. And there's only a limit to how much recon can be done to ensure the agreed plan is not a ruse.

I'm sure some parents don't give a monkeys and they're a disgrace, but I feel for the ones who are genuinely duped. It's very tough to be 100% on top of it all. Agree though that some parents are crazily misguided and I've known of some not to give a care for what they're kids are out doing.

Advertisement