Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Cert Jailbait night out

• 09-09-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Was passing through town earlier and saw a queue of scantily clad 16 year olds queuing up to get into a venue for a results night gig. It was like an episode of my big fat gypsy wedding.
    More sinister was the number of adult males hanging around observing.

Hope it passes off safely. It must be a terrifying night for their parents

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They were just the dads dropping them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

:D .. Jaysus , I remember my JC night out ... my God I´m old it was 21 years ago ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Yeah I drove past that as well. Was so shocked I nearly dropped my camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

:D .. Jaysus , I remember my JC night out ... my God I´m old it was 21 years ago ..

My Inter Cert was 1960, I think, we didn't do anything to celebrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Hate to be working in the emergency services tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

My Inter cert was split between the old White Horse Inn and the Liffey Bar.
    Fingered a lesbian in a nook that we found underneath Liberty Hall.
    Neither of us knew she was a lesbian at the time though tbf.
    Although I did have long blonde hair at the time and was wearing suede chelsea boots, so maybe she had an idea alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fingered a lesbian in a nook .

A nook and fanny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

A nook and fanny?

Funnily enough, in the northside of Dublin during the 80s we actually used to call a fanny, a cranny, so you could have just gone with the more common expression there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I had a naggin of vodka down a local lane way the night of my JC, pished outta my mind!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I had friends over and we played video games. Never drank at that age.

I was an incredibly lame 15 year old.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I feel old. I did the Inter Cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

It was the night I first encountered absinthe, I can still taste it as well as remembering the spew of the mothers dinner mixed with the alcohol. Still shifted half the disco and finger blasted a few mothers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

My junior cert results night consisted of drinking a naggin of the shïttest Polish vodka my cousin could buy, getting sick all over the dancefloor, been thrown out, getting a snack box, getting sick in my ma's car, a slap around the lug and bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭emo72

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    It was the night I first encountered absinthe, I can still taste it as well as remembering the spew of the mothers dinner mixed with the alcohol. Still shifted half the disco and finger blasted a few mothers though.

i understand the first sentence, I think understand the bolded bit, but bit confused. nah no clue what yer saying there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Six cans of Kilkenny for a fiver, 20 smokes and shared a taxi home. All for a tenner. That was my junior night in 1996

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I was on a fish lorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I watched RTE news at 9pm about other junior cert pupils "celebrating" their results. Then I watched prime time followed by news on two and then bed. Got up for school the next morning and had corn flakes for breakfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I watched RTE news at 9pm about other junior cert pupils "celebrating" their results. Then I watched prime time followed by news on two and then bed. Got up for school the next morning and had corn flakes for breakfast.

Relax there, Ozzy Osbourne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

The little scrotes should be in bed for school tomorrow.

Talking to a taxi driver friend earlier that picked up a group of girls from sandyford to bring them to club shoot yer goo. Said the lot of them were dressed like tramps

• Advertisement

Mint Aero wrote: »

That was pretty much mine too, though don't think Prime Time was around. Possibly stayed up for Nighthawks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I went to a teen disco and had great (sober) craic dancing with my friends who didn't drink. I was only 15 and drink didn't interest me. The rest of my friends (and nearly everyone else in the town it seemed) got hammered outside or in the night club toilets.

Woke up the next day to a picture on the front page of a national tabloid of two girls in our year stone drunk and seemingly kissing. You couldn't see their faces, but we all knew who they were.Twas quite the scandal!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Talking to a taxi driver friend earlier that picked up a group of girls from sandyford to bring them to club shoot yer goo. Said the lot of them were dressed like tramps

The parents shouldn't be letting them out dressed like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

I had friends over and we played video games. Never drank at that age.

I was an incredibly lame 15 year old.
    Nothing wrong with that. You were only 15. I and others were trying to be way too grown up too early.

The parents shouldn't be letting them out dressed like that.
    Thats exactly what I said. He added he was waiting outside the house for ages but when one girl came out a middle aged woman followed her out and slipped a naggin into he handbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Andre 3000 wrote: »

We didn't know what that was, It was a pint or a short or "we don't have that sh1te in here"

Ah my inter cert results night was a bit mad and involved lots of drunken fooling around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Junior night was great tbh. What wasn't so great was crashing in my mates and then heading from there to school the next day, albeit late and still mouldy from the previous nights cans.

First class in and one of the cans I forget about at the bottom of my bag bursts, smelling the whole classroom up of warm cheap Tuberg lager. Not one of my finest moments as a young lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Two Sheds

Dressing like prostitutes and getting stoned out of their tiny minds?

We are talking about children here.. right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Hey ! How are you able to work tinternet then aul boy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

P!ss stained trousers, vomit encrusted beards and shoes with no laces? They won't pull looking like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

thejuggler wrote: »
    Was passing through town earlier and saw a queue of scantily clad 16 year olds queuing up to get into a venue for a results night gig. It was like an episode of my big fat gypsy wedding.
    More sinister was the number of adult males hanging around observing.

I went to a gig in The Button Factory earlier and before going in, I witnessed a long queue of those scantily-clad young girls going into The Mezz (I think). There were adults standing looking at them but they weren't just adults males. There were some women there too, and most of the onlookers looked like tourists.

I did the Inter Cert in 1988 and I don't think I did anything in particular to celebrate. Alcohol definitely wasn't involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Feck. I'm even older. I was in the last year to do the Inter cert.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I did the Junior in 1993, was that the second year of it?

Feel like a young pup posting here tonight! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

endacl wrote: »
    Feck. I'm even older. I was in the last year to do the Inter cert.

:(

Me too. I think I got 6 cans and roamed the streets drinking with my mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I did the Junior in 1993, was that the second year of it?

Feel like a young pup posting here tonight! :D

Shyte. I'm even older. I meant Group cert. did the leaving in 91.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I did the Group in 90 and the Inter in 91 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

My ex (while in his 30's) used to always make sure to be out for the night of the JC results. Don't know whether it was being pervy or was his mental age. Either way.. *shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,131 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rip up the results they dont matter. its terrible putting so much pressure on 13-16 year olds for an exam which means nothing.

I did the Inter Cert in 1990. The Leaving in '93. '90 was definitely the last year for the Inter.

It seems I'm wrong. It was '91.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

21 years ago for me too, we got a few cans of beer and drank them in a friends house, walked into town and if memory serves me correctly, walked back home again.

• Advertisement

Smidge wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    I started secondary in 88....so Group in second year ie 90 and then my inter the following year which was 91.

Yeah, edited above. I was thinking of my brother who was the last year to do it. Because the fcukers wouldn't build a school for us, we had a half day every day for the whole year in 4th year. The b@stards then made us repeat it! So me and the bro did our Leaving in the same year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I honestly haven't a ****ing notion what I did the night of my junior or leaving cert results. Maybe drank a few cans somewhere and went out to try and score a bird. Nothing out of the ordinary to the next ten years of weekends really.

Suppose I didn't hang around with lads who put too much value on the results. And **** are we paying for it now ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ugh it's only the Junior Cert. What's the point going out celebrating/binge drinking and putting yourself at risk of sexual assault for what's the equivalent of 8 level 3 FETAC'S on the National Framework of Qualifications?

The National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA) and Fás offer level 3 courses to the illiterate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

My god and you're still alive! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I did the JC in 2006 I think. We went to a nightclub and I probably got a bit drunk. Would have went home early enough after. Nothing too exciting

I did buy a very low cut dress which was really expensive and I felt amazing in it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Pubs in Newcastle West were packed to the rafters back in 1989 or 1990. Underage drinking was a major factor in the economy of small town Ireland. Nobody died and nobody got laid. Although of course the usual suspects pulled 10 birds (who then vanished into thin air) and had mad passionate sex with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Cousin raided me for clothes but they have best of gear now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Pubs in Newcastle West were packed to the rafters back in 1989 or 1990. Underage drinking was a major factor in the economy of small town Ireland. Nobody died and nobody got laid. Although of course the usual suspects pulled 10 birds (who then vanished into thin air) and had mad passionate sex with them.
    Don't remember there being any sexnanigans the night of my junior cert (that I knew of) either. Lots of extremely wasted teenagers all right though. Only shockin' Joe so it was! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Don't remember there being any sexnanigans the night of my junior cert (that I knew of) either. Lots of extremely wasted teenagers all right though. Only shockin' Joe so it was! :eek:

As to what young Duffy himself got up to out in Ballyer back on the night of his results - the old wans are still talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Is it the Junior Cert or Cycle now? It's hard to keep up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement