Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Data and Texts + More €20/m on Prepay

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

TimHorton wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1tKJQ8h7Vk

How to use your Three Bill or Prepay credit to buy on Google Play.

Thanks TimHorton - I've an iPhone - can you download "Google Play Store" on IOS - I'm having difficulty :confused:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Macer123 wrote: »
    Thanks TimHorton - I've an iPhone - can you download "Google Play Store" on IOS - I'm having difficulty :confused:

No, Google play store is the "Android" app store

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can I just clarify....maybe I was reading some of the posts incorrectly. If I sign up with Three or Vodafone payg say for 20 a month and they allow 5gb are u saying that they will actually allow me to go over the 5gb?

Vodafone. I don't think so. They will charge you out of bundle charges.

Threes ayce data is unlimited, they won't charge you for going over the 15GB FUP. They may slow down your connection though if its continually happening and its affecting other users around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Aquos76 wrote: »
    No, Google play store is the "Android" app store

Any work around ??? otherwise does it means I can't use my Three credit to make purchases, specifically pay my monthly Spotify premium account ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Any work around ??? otherwise does it means I can't use my Three credit to make purchases, specifically pay my monthly Spotify premium account ??

I think you can still create a Play account and access books and films, but I don't know if it's possible to spend credit. You probably won't be able to pay for Spotify, as that's through iTunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/google-play-movies-tv/id746894884

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-play-books/id400989007

Let us know if that works please. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Niemoj wrote: »
    You actually don't even need to be on their network to do it.

Just set it up once over 3/4G and then you'll find that when you sign into your Play account it'll be listed as a payment method and you can use it over WiFi.

Sweet.. seems to work on billpay too as it just let me add it as a payment option there now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

M5 wrote: »
    Signal and speed improve greatly if you use their Huawei Base station router device. I was getting about 6 meg on tethered phone on 4g, getting 30meg with the router. I am in a relatively poor signal area though. Not sure if you would see an improvement if you are getting full signal

Where can ya get one of these? I was quoted about €500 from our account manager! :eek:

I've looked on adverts too but they seem to be in short supply and great demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Tesco PAYG works out at unlimited calls/texts & 1GB data for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hi lads,leaving my e40 @ month meteor bill,thank God,being offered unlimited calls,5gb of data for e 24 @ month, what do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

Hi lads,leaving my e40 @ month meteor bill,thank God,being offered unlimited calls,5gb of data for e 24 @ month, what do ye think?

Very same deal on tesco mobile for only €20 and it's payg. I'm on the deal myself and includes unlimited texts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,188 ✭✭✭✭km79

any joy with this ? I'm in the same boat
    have an iphone with 3 and and an android tablet which is what Spotify is on?
    son has an android phone also with 3 so maybe I can do it through his?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

km79 wrote: »
    any joy with this ? I'm in the same boat
    have an iphone with 3 and and an android tablet which is what Spotify is on?
    son has an android phone also with 3 so maybe I can do it through his?

All you need do is pop your 3 SIM into any 3 or unlocked Android phone to set up carrier billing. You'll need to add your Google account to this device and make sure you select your Google account when you open up the Play Store app.

Once it's set up, you can delete your Google account from the device and pop your SIM back into your iPhone and it will always appear as a payment option when buying through the Play Store on your Android tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

PAYG meteor, all calls, 15GB (7.5 after 6 months), 400 webtext for 20 euro.

https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/

Ten Pin wrote: »
    PAYG meteor, all calls, 15GB (7.5 after 6 months), 400 webtext for 20 euro.

https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/

Wow,was talking to meteor must vcare today,never mentioned this deal,tnx,will ring them tomorrow again,,tnxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i pay 25 euro with tesco, rolling monthly contract

10,000 call minutes and 10,000 texts to landlines and mobile phones in the Republic of Ireland and 15GB of data used in the Republic of Ireland.

shakencat wrote: »
    i pay 25 euro with tesco, rolling monthly contract

10,000 call minutes and 10,000 texts to landlines and mobile phones in the Republic of Ireland and 15GB of data used in the Republic of Ireland.

Another good sounding offer,tnx,so many out there,boggle a man,thank you

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

paconnors wrote: »
    Very same deal on tesco mobile for only €20 and it's payg. I'm on the deal myself and includes unlimited texts

Tesco plan isnt 4G, the €24 meteor plan he's been offered is unlimited calls, and texts and 5gb of 4G data. But if 4G isnt a deal breaker, then Tesco might be a better option, also worth noting, the meteor deal is more than likely a sim only deal without a contract also.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Tesco plan isnt 4G, the €24 meteor plan he's been offered is unlimited calls, and texts and 5gb of 4G data. But if 4G isnt a deal breaker, then Tesco might be a better option, also worth noting, the meteor deal is more than likely a sim only deal without a contract also.
    Tnx,correct, its sim only,rolling 30 day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Sorry quick thread hijack. What do people reckon is the best of these two SIM only plans?

Meteor € 24/month for 12 months - 10GB, Unlimited Calls, Unlimited Texts, 4G, Meteor Extras. Think it reverts to 5GB after 6 months.
    Tesco € 25/month permanemently - 15GB, 10,000 Minutes, 10,000 Texts, Clubcard Points.

Is either Network known to be very bad/good? My wife is on Meteor and it seems grand.

I'm moving jobs and have had a VF work contract for years so this is all new to me! If I have the very occasional trip abroad which of the above is better to be with?

I'm not a very heavy phone user on the phone so can't see any of the above limits being a factor.

g0g wrote: »
    Sorry quick thread hijack. What do people reckon is the best of these two SIM only plans?

Meteor € 24/month for 12 months - 10GB, Unlimited Calls, Unlimited Texts, 4G, Meteor Extras. Think it reverts to 5GB after 6 months.
    Tesco € 25/month permanemently - 15GB, 10,000 Minutes, 10,000 Texts, Clubcard Points.

Is either Network known to be very bad/good? My wife is on Meteor and it seems grand.

I'm moving jobs and have had a VF work contract for years so this is all new to me! If I have the very occasional trip abroad which of the above is better to be with?

I'm not a very heavy phone user on the phone so can't see any of the above limits being a factor.
    On Meteor bill pay last 7 yrs,no probs,just too dear at e40 @ month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

g0g wrote: »

I am in same boat and decided to go with meteor as their roaming options and price are much better, don't know if Tesco has roaming option but i didn't consider them as moving from three and don't want the same network issue with Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

deep1 wrote: »
    I am in same boat and decided to go with meteor as their roaming options and price are much better, don't know if Tesco has roaming option but i didn't consider them as moving from three and don't want the same network issue with Tesco.
    Thanks for that. Good point, I remember being away last summer and my wife found it easy to organise roaming on her Meteor contract

Advertisement