Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Tickets on sale this Friday, do they still do a deposit system where you pay it bit by bit or do you have to buy them in one lump ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

paulbok wrote: »
    I think Body & Soul will be getting a load of refugees/migrants from EP next year.

That'll be that ruined too so. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

paulbok wrote: »
    I think Body & Soul will be getting a load of refugees/migrants from EP next year.

Good. Hopefully they'll stop moaning about how "the magic has gone"

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sugarbeat

Synode wrote: »

Synode, you found loads of picnic magic at the weekend, and some of us couldn't find enough of it, be grateful, have pity and stop moaning at us poor folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Synode wrote: »

Hell will freeze over before they give up their moaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Hell will freeze over before they give up their moaning.

Pfffft, Hell, it's not as hot as it used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Was there this year for the first time since 2011 after an uninterrupted chain starting 2006 I think it was.

The festival has definitely changed from being more like what Body and Soul is now to being more like what Oxegen was then. This is lamentable, HOWEVER I still had an absolutely fantastic time with no major complaints to mar my experience and a really great group of people to spend the time with. I nearly didn't go this year as I wasn't sure I wanted to drop the cash and waste the annual leave but I feel energised for the festival again so I'll be buying my early bird/loyalty scheme as soon as they're up.
    Might just end up going to Body & Soul though.

I did both this year (along with Castlepalooza and Longitude) and while B&S was my favourite festival of the year (maybe ever) you just can't beat the sheer scale and spectacle of the Picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Definitely going next year (hopefully as a performer, whoop!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'll just ask for the usual:
    Aphex Twin
    Daniel Avery
    James Holden
    ZZ Top
    The Stooges
    Alo Wala
    NWA (If they decide to tour)
    Daft Punk (Why not)
    Air (Are they still around?)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Some of these please... Spiritualized, Chemical Brothers, Run The Jewels, GOAT, Caribou, Patti Smith, Jamie XX, Gaz Coombes, Public Service Broadcasting, Ought, Wolf Alice, Sharon van Etten, King Gizzard, Vessels, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, John Talabot, Objekt, Daniel Avery

• Advertisement

And Nick Cave to return as a headliner would be very nice.

Snarky Snark Snark

Oasis

(runs away very fast)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Guns n' Roses with Slash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I reckon that next summer we will see Foals and the Libertines headlining festivals in the UK and Ireland. Whether that is at EP or Longitude we won't know for a while yet really.

Until a few more bands announce albums for next year it'll be tough to predict really.

I'll probably wait to see a few bands announced before I decide if I'm going. Had a great year again this year, just the money side of things. If I don't go to EP I can probably go on another foreign holiday for a week!!! One thing is certain though, if I am there I'll be in Pink Moon again. Made a huuuuge difference this weekend for me. I seem to have completely avoided the troublesome element that some people are talking about!

My dream headliners... Radiohead and Wilco.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Dream headliner for me would be Fleetwood Mac but that's just a pure pipe dream

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sure if we're going for dreams give me Radiohead

Most likely will get an early bird as soon as they are out, handy enough on the instalment plan and no danger of not being able to sell it on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

MUSE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Depends how many are staying. We got a 6 man for 540 euro. It ain't cheap but we'll worth it in my opinion. I think my mate got a 2 man for 250 euro. There was no scumbag element whatsoever and everyone was happy and respectful. If staying up til 6am causing havoc is your thing then pink moon ain't the way to go!

Are these just regular tents, already put up for you?
    Are there other things there like yurts or podpads or something like that? how much do they cost do you know?

Snarky Snark Snark

Are these just regular tents, already put up for you?
    Are there other things there like yurts or podpads or something like that? how much do they cost do you know?

It's a range of tent types/sizes already put up (with inflatable sleeping mats & bags if you need to hire them). Think the two man this year was about 170ish, i wound up upgrading to a two man rainbow tipi which was an extra 60ish as I was sharing with some one.

Sounds pricey and it's not cheap but you're also paying for the security (big **** off fence), showers, clean bogs etc for the three nights along with the charging station, beauty area for the ladies, access to a food crew and your own bar.

They share their area with podpads (ithink it was) who do what can only be described as festival wendy houses.

The yurts etc were over in a different section of the grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

are the showers, charging, and hairdryer/straighteners free to use or are they extra on top of what you've already paid?

• Advertisement

Not sure about the chargers but the others are free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

If you have a group going I'd much rather hirer a campervan than the posh camping. You can bring everything you want, drive straight in with it all, cooking facilities, proper toilet, charging, drive straight off when leaving, camp site was really relaxed, you can even stick up a tent or two around it for more people in your group. Excellent way of doing it. Only downside is getting someone who wants to do the drive out :)

Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah, Pink Moon had a big advantage though in that it's entrance into the arena was right beside EA, no 30 mins walk or any of that sh1te to get back to your sleeping area for tins etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

How strict are they with Child age, we have 4 and the eldest would be 13 next July, I see children 12 and under are free but can't see a price for 13 and over.

How strict are they with Child age, we have 4 and the eldest would be 13 next July, I see children 12 and under are free but can't see a price for 13 and over.

Maybe a child aged 13 would need to buy a full-priced ticket?
    I'm not certain but I'd say they would want proof of age if you were trying to get any child in free who looked close to the age limit.
    I saw a few people getting checked for age on the way in although that was for carrying cans

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Children 13-17 aren't allowed, although if your child is just gone 13 and with the whole family I'm sure they won't notice or question it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Pink moon is definitely worth the extra money, good showers, clean toilets, a decent bar, quiet enough to have a solid sleep and is very close to the comedy tent, EA and mindfield. Little to no queues going in to the main arena. Also plenty of young people there too.

Only gripes were the queues coming into the campsite on the Friday and the situation of trying to get to the green car park. Nothing too major though.

Otherwise camp in Janis Joplin, it usually attracts a really good crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yeah, Pink Moon had a big advantage though in that it's entrance into the arena was right beside EA, no 30 mins walk or any of that sh1te to get back to your sleeping area for tins etc...

Yea, i've stayed in the campervan site 5 or 6 times now.
    It's great and all, but the 30 minutes (or so) walk there and 30 minutes back, maybe 3 times a day, on top of the walking in the arena, salty dog etc takes it's toll by Sunday.
    I'll either go with the camping place right behind EA, or just drive over and back each day (about a 25 min drive from the carpark).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Having been to Glastonbury a good few times where it takes half a day to walk from one end of the site to the other the walk to and from the campervan field felt like a stroll in the park. Considering I usually finished up in the rave in the woods it was in the direction of home anyway :)

• Advertisement

My wishlist: Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Orbital, All Tvvins, Delorentos, M83, Foals, Radiohead, Todd Terje, Sasha, Carl Cox. Don't think that's too much to ask for :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement