Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options
  • 07-09-2015 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

oyq6l9e.jpg

The dust has yet to fall from this years event but allready thoughts are building towards 2016

So fellow Pickners,who do you want to see play 2016 ,
    what would make it a better festival than 2015?

All thoughts on 2015/16 on a post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Its getting close to the ten year anniversary of alive 2006/2007 by Daft Punk, and the 20 year anniversary of Alive 1997 so hopefully they keep up this supposed ten year rule and rock the picnic either next year or the summer after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah here, another thread??? :D

Yeah Daft Punk would be nice, although I would'nt mind seeing Radiohead headlining either....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

I have to say that this festival is gone to the dogs. Everything is overpriced, security were rude, cops going around busting people. The audio was off on the main stage. Electric Picnic is not worth the hassle. We will be finding another festival !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Pearl Jam. I will keep an eye on the smaller festivals next year though . Not sure big big big is for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I don't think I'll be going again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Tame Impala, Radiohead & The Libertines headlining would be too much to ask for right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Has the dates been confirmed yet ?? I presume its the 2nd - 5th sept...?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I don't think I'll be going again

I think im in the same boat , As much fun and craic that i had i just felt there as something missing

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Ha ha already..... Deadly 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Think the tickets are going on sale this friday. Will probably just be early bird like that year.
    I wonder will they increase the early bird prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Anbo

Hey,

First time at EP and loved it. Curious about the pink moon camping? How much is it and is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭paulbok

Think the tickets are going on sale this friday. Will probably just be early bird like that year.
    I wonder will they increase the early bird prices?

I'd guess they will have very few early birds, pricing will be higher and may have more stringent eligibility for getting them.
    Going by the amount of enthusastic first time attendees on the 2 threads, they will sell out again next year, even at all full price tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Doubt I'll go again but mainly due to feeling my age. I don't think there's anything missing to be honest, I just think nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Any long term weather forecasts for this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

threein99 wrote: »
    Any long term weather forecasts for this ?

It will be cold at night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Will be buying my ticket as soon as available, not worrying about who might or might not be playing, taking it on faith that there'll be at least a dozen on the line up to my tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 llewelynmoss

Want to get my tickets nice and early this time. Was ****ing hell trying to get sorted for this year.

Any idea of how much the early bird will be and how long they'll be on sale for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Would love to see Daft Punk, Alt-j and The Weeknd headlining. Sufjan Stevens playing at some time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 00kevin

I'd like the exact same line up as this year, it would negate all the clashes & I'd see everyone I missed without the nagging suspicion I'd made the wrong choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

TV On the Radio
    Super Furry Animals
    Idlewild
    Mercury Rev
    Windings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Total long shot but imagine if they brought Bowie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Foals are probably headlining Reading & Leeds, could see them coming back if they don't do Longitude. if they announce a spring gig with MCD then I'd say it's pretty nailed on that there'll be a festival appearance too going on previous years/tours.

The xx should have a new album out by then too. Jamie xx's album was massive, so their new one might push them up to headliners after subbing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Anbo wrote: »
    Hey,

First time at EP and loved it. Curious about the pink moon camping? How much is it and is it worth it?

Depends how many are staying. We got a 6 man for 540 euro. It ain't cheap but we'll worth it in my opinion. I think my mate got a 2 man for 250 euro. There was no scumbag element whatsoever and everyone was happy and respectful. If staying up til 6am causing havoc is your thing then pink moon ain't the way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

No idea who to even guess might play next year but considering Picnic seem usually to grab a few acts of the Longitude bill from the previous year, I'd like to see them get Caribou or Todd Terje. Not sure if Caribou has ever played Picnic before? Todd Terje has a few times, but not since 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

BOHtox wrote: »
    Would love to see Daft Punk, Alt-j and The Weeknd headlining. Sufjan Stevens playing at some time too.

That would be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

The XX would be something else.

Some of Phoenix, Bombay Bicycle Club, Frightened Rabbit, Real Estate, Caribou, Moderat, Wolf Alice, ASIWYFA, White Lies, Beirut, Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, The National, Vampire Weekend is not too much to ask for, right? :pac:

The Cure back would make me consider seriously about going next year.

Might just end up going to Body & Soul though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I think im in the same boat , As much fun and craic that i had i just felt there as something missing

A line up? :p

Only kidding, sort of. Would have went this year but I would only have been going for just three acts. Didn't seem worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Jesus first reply daft punk as usual and it wasn't even a joke! I hope for chromeo finally as they haven't played Ireland since they got their laptop stolen in 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭paulbok

Irish_rat wrote: »
    The XX would be something else.

Some of Phoenix, Bombay Bicycle Club, Frightened Rabbit, Real Estate, Caribou, Moderat, Wolf Alice, ASIWYFA, White Lies, Beirut, Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, The National, Vampire Weekend is not too much to ask for, right? :pac:

The Cure back would make me consider seriously about going next year.

Might just end up going to Body & Soul though.

I think Body & Soul will be getting a load of refugees/migrants from EP next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement