Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEA 2015/16

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Enniscorthy and St Benildus took 1/2 for the second season in a row.

I believe Rathmines are relegated by default for scratching v Portmarnock, unless they gave the controller a good excuse maybe.

Aer lingus and Celbridge coming down from the ohanlon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I believe Phibsboro played an illegal player on board 1 so they may be going down also

Strange; 150-point rule?

They needed to win anyway to start up after Balbriggan took two points off us. Don't know if they managed that?

They overtook Balbriggan. A Balbriggan player told us that Phibsboros board one had previously played on a higher team more than 3 games. I didn't see it for myself so will have to wait and see

League tables are updated now - and Phibsboro have indeed scratched board 1, as their player hadn't played leagues at all all season, which seems careless.

So Phibsboro stayed up on tie-break - they even drew with Balbriggan and drew the bottom two boards, so Phibsboro stayed up by virtue of losing board 3 in the individual match, and winning board 2.

Probably the tightest finish in many years!

• Advertisement

What a horrible way to go down but I guess someone has to lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EarlofCurragh

Is this the rule in question ?

In that case it appears to suggest that all points should have been deducted although I seem to recall an older rule 6.3 you could ask the Controller before hand and if he/she agreed you could indeed play the player.

6.3 Prior to the commencement of any games in the final round of matches, each team captain must submit his team to the leagues controller. No player may play for a team in the last round or in a play-off unless said player has played in at least one match for that club in any division during the season. Teams offending against this rule will automatically forfeit any points gained from the match and points for any game involving an illegal player will be awarded to the opposition. Where two opposing teams have such illegal players, the result of the match will be null and void and no points will be awarded to either team for that match.

Advertisement