Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEA 2015/16

Options
  • 03-09-2015 8:26pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We go again...

A Wexford 1-2 here I think; Enniscorthy and Gorey. I'm presuming Curragh's Bodley board 1 may get a promotion, which would hit their promotion push here.

To go down - Phibsboro and Inchicore maybe? Really don't know; a lot can change teamwise in the lower leagues.

Just glad we've finally got our fourth team out of the Bodley after I don't know how many years! :)

Current league table is here

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Yes our board one is on to bigger things. We hope to hold our own this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

cdeb wrote: »
    We go again...

A Wexford 1-2 here I think; Enniscorthy and Gorey. I'm presuming Curragh's Bodley board 1 may get a promotion, which would hit their promotion push here.

To go down - Phibsboro and Inchicore maybe? Really don't know; a lot can change teamwise in the lower leagues.

Just glad we've finally got our fourth team out of the Bodley after I don't know how many years! :)

Gorey are not there - they went up as a third promotion team following a withdrawl in a higher league I think... I just checked the LCU site...

BTW, when is the deadline for declaring teams...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Oh yeah...

I think teams have to be declared before the first round is all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Middle Man wrote: »
    Most teams don't make a specific declaration; their team from their first match is usually taken as the declaration.

Portmarnock were due to play away to Enniscorthy today (Sat 19 Oct) - does anyone know how the match went?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 chesstity

Any results from today's games?

Enniscorthy won 3-2 against Portmarnock on Saturday.

Portmarnock were due to play away to Enniscorthy today (Sat 19 Oct)

chesstity wrote: »

The result is tight enough!

Will be interesting to see how this league develops...

Next up - Monday Sept 28th

1) Rathmines v Dublin
    2) Phibsboro v Finglas

Gorey are not there - they went up as a third promotion team following a withdrawl in a higher league I think... I just checked the LCU site...

3 teams went up from each league from the Ennis league down last year so Gorey went up.on their own merits.

• Advertisement

St Benildus 2-3 Enniscorthy.

Last board could have gone either way for a long time; went against us in the end. But happy enough overall given the ratings gaps.

St Benildus 2-3 Enniscorthy.

Last board could have gone either way for a long time; went against us in the end. But happy enough overall given the ratings gaps.

That's a Round 2 match due for October 31st - was it brought forward?

The Curragh was due to host Balbriggan today. Does anyone know how that match went?

That's a Round 2 match due for October 31st - was it brought forward?
    It was, yep. Enniscorthy have a number of players off to the Europeans or the Worlds at the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EarlofCurragh

Curragh 3 1/2 to Balbriggan 1 1/2
    Balbriggan were short 2 boards

Curragh 3.5 Balbriggan 1.5

A typical touch of class from the world's greatest chess coach after their win yesterday. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

He's been watching too many Mourinho interviews.

A typical touch of class from the world's greatest chess coach after their win yesterday. :rolleyes:

Not exactly modest of him is it? - Certainly not the way I'd go about making friends...

Drogheda 3 - 2 St. Benildus

• Advertisement

Finglas were due to host Rathmines on Tue 13th October and Dublin were due to play the Curragh today - how did those games go?

The Curragh played Dublin yesterday, it was 4-1 to Dublin

Balbriggan 1* - 3 Drogheda

* According to LCU site, Balbriggan had a default...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 looseliver

Balbriggan 1* - 3 Drogheda

* According to LCU site, Balbriggan had a default...

Should have been entered as 2 -3 then? there's a problem on the site perhaps...

The site shows that Balbriggan's board 2 defaulted, in which case the result is correct.

If it's the case that Balbriggan played and lost board 2, then yeah, the result needs amending.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 looseliver

So teams get deducted a point for a default?

Yes.

Otherwise, you could know you were short a player, declare a full team anyway knowing that your board 2 wasn't actually available, and play board 5, giving your team a better chance of a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Just to confirm - there's only a point deduction if you default a board and declare players on a lower board?

I think there may also be a points deduction if you default the bottom board - which seems a bit harsh. But no penalty if you scratch a bottom board. Difference being a default has to have a player declared on the board.

And if, say, Balbriggan had scratched board 2, I think they could have lost all points below that board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Endgame

Seems the player was declared but showed up more than one hour late which also counts as a default

Advertisement