Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kneemos's very own question thread

Options

Comments

Lyaiera wrote: »
    But what about jeggings? Was I right? Leggings that look like jeans?

Yeah they are made of cotton that looks denim. I have a pair but the inner leg of one has bursted. It's because I like cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

It's because I like cake.
    Glad you cleared that up for us, the imagination was running wild!

Winterlong wrote: »
    Glad you cleared that up for us, the imagination was running wild!

Actually no. It's because a handsome man tried to rip them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

kneemos wrote: »
    Probably some sort of arms too.If you're going to create stuff and manipulate your surroundings you'll need appendages .

They'd need legs to get around,probably two if they're using the other appendages to manipulate things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If people can get a scan privately by paying for it as opposed to waiting years on the public system why don't the Government just pay people to go private?
    Ask Simon Harris.

• Advertisement

The DeLorean is going on sale again next year.Not cheap but a proper engine and mod cons,the original was a shoitebox apparently.
    Shame they've left out the flux capacitor though. https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjYo4ua7MDNAhUmLMAKHS5rA1oQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slashfilm.com%2Fcool-stuff-a-new-2017-delorean-will-be-manufactured%2F&usg=AFQjCNGi0cS0aG52Y4a95Ll6jPe9panvew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

And it's going to look like shíte because they're still using the old bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Will it get to 88mph?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

smash wrote: »
    And it's going to look like shíte because they're still using the old bodies.
    No, it's going to look like a delorean. Deloreans always looked cool and that was it. Everything else about them was terrible.

There's a lot of this going on lately. Getting a classic car and just putting modern stuff in it. The singer porsche being a prime example. It's a great idea, add modern suspension, brakes and so on to many classic cars and they get brought right up to date. Bar safety, they're probably twice as dangerous as ever, even with modern brakes your screwed in a crash.

Why was this moved here?

Hello.Mr/Mrs Mod.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    No, it's going to look like a delorean. Deloreans always looked cool and that was it. Everything else about them was terrible.
    Na, if it wasn't for back to the future it would have been forgotten a long time ago.

Why was this moved here?

Hello.Mr/Mrs Mod.

This is your own special thread Kneemos. You should be grateful!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Will it get to 88mph?

You're joking right? It'd have blown a gasket long before it got to 88........ Mechanically they were the biggest load of shíte ever sold on 4 wheels. Why they used it for Back-to-the-future always eluded me.

Ps- see one parked on South Frederick Street D2 just there.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

His own thread for questions.
    His opening post was a statement.

josip wrote: »
    His own thread for questions.
    His opening post was a statement.
    Yea. But considering this news has been floating around the net for around a year if not longer, it's better off relegated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

smash wrote: »
    Na, if it wasn't for back to the future it would have been forgotten a long time ago.
    True, but back to the future happened and Deloreans are cool.

ScumLord wrote: »
    True, but back to the future happened and Deloreans are cool.

Have you ever had the misfortune to try drive one?

If I cross breed my Pug and Boxer will I get Pugilist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not even close. (not even smart nor funny either).

You get a puger or a bug.

• Advertisement

Its actually poxer or puxer - however, its unregisterable (none of the societies will recognise it as a legitimate cross).

Why can't they do papers for free and cover the cost by increased readership and ad revenue?

Works for those local freebie papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Why can't they do papers for free and cover the cost by increased readership and ad revenue?

Works for those local freebie papers.
    Have you lost your very own question thread?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Didn't work for the Metro or Herald AM. In the end there's only so much advertising revenue to go around, and if there's no money the standard of journalism will drop. That's not a problem for the free local papers, but a paper like the Irish Times, while in profit now, has lost money in the past. Obviously this isn't a concern for the Indo as journalistic standards ceased to be an issue long ago.

Is a lightening rod on a church an admission of doubt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Doubt about what?
    That lightening can kill people if it's downward trajectory is not controlled?
    That God exists?
    That they don't believe that their tall building can be exempt to lightening strikes?
    That every day ends in the word "day"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

if god didnt want lightning rods to be used, he wouldnt have had man invent them

Wossack wrote: »
    if god didnt want lightning rods to be used, he wouldnt have had man invent them

Could have been a test of faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

I think the test of faith was passed, when the churches without em kept being inexplicably struck my lightning

• Advertisement

My mam used to despair about my non believing ways. She would say "Perse! God will strike you down with lightning"!

Advertisement