Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Haunting Image Of Drowned Boy Sums Up Consequences Of 'The Syrian War'"

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

'anti human propaganda'

jesus christ, graham linehan is such a twat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Jaysus put a warning in that title

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Saw this earlier and its completely heart breaking. Have a lump in my throat. Poor little guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Le Surge Eyed Amant

There are far worse photos than this relating to the Syrian War, tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yeah but they don't have their own thread in AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

It's just topical as "all the talk" seems to be about migrants / refugees / train stations not letting people through / people marching in solidarity etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Fcukin hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Dead kids should not happen, But unfortunately they do and there is very little we can do about it. Did the child walk to there alone or was the child brought.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yeah but they don't have their own thread in AH.
    A image of what looks like a poor little 4 year old dead and the first thing you think of is to have a go at After Hours? Christ :rolleyes:

If that image doesn't affect you, you're not human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

America has blood on its hands for the deaths of all these innocents. They are the ones who armed the "rebels" and bombed Iraq to create the ISIS monster. Look what freedom has brought these poor souls. Shame on them.

• Advertisement

I feel a little sick.

That photo is like a punch to the stomach. It should be the wake up call in the same way that the photo of a child waiting to die as vultures gathered came to define a part of the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Saw this a few minutes ago, chilled me to the bone. That could be my son, an innocent little child in a pair of shorts and a tshirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Le Surge Eyed Amant

Cienciano wrote: »
    A image of what looks like a poor little 4 year old dead and the first thing you think of is to have a go at After Hours? Christ :rolleyes:

I noticed that a lot of posters seemed to be reacting in a way that suggested the atrocities of the Syrian War were totally new to them. I wasn't having a go, I was pointing out that this photo is not a revelation, but merely a scratch on the surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

That picture only strengthens my belief that the people traffickers are scum who deliberately put people at risk to make a quick buck. Destroy the boats in harbour and target the traffickers with drones.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That picture only strengthens my belief that the people traffickers are scum who deliberately put people at risk to make a quick buck. Destroy the boats in harbour and target the traffickers with drones.

And what about all the innocents stuck there and caught up in the bombing campaign?

I love how this idea is touted by certain people under the guise of being concerned about the safety of those fleeing.. The people fleeing know the risks and are still willing to do it because the alternative is even worse.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'm not commenting on the photo. Merely that this particular one was singled out.
    Do you think I should post a new thread every hour about a dead child with an arresting thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Another victim of this mad open door policy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 436 ✭✭Old Jakey

And what about all the innocents stuck there and caught up in the bombing campaign?

I love how this idea is touted by certain people under the guise of being concerned about the safety of those fleeing.. The people fleeing know the risks and are still willing to do it because the alternative is even worse.

I'm sorry to break it, But children have been killed in the ME long before the West ever involved it's self. The Arab spring has a lot to answer for as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Oh nevermind so, sure we'll continue to let thousands of people drown. Happy now? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Wish I never looked. Poor child. Have knot in stomach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

I'm sorry to break it, But children have been killed in the ME long before the West ever involved it's self. The Arab spring has a lot to answer for as well.

The present situation is down to neo con meddling in Syrias civil war. The "West" is too broad a term though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Just over the last few years since the crises started over 100,000 irish have been excepted in other countries . Irelands response to people who are genuinely excaping horror we can not begin to comprehend is offer 500 people entry into our country. Its shameful. We once had 8 million people living in our country in much worse time than now. Hats off to Germany on this continuing suffering on our door step. RIP to this little boy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

If the EU hadn't started the shuttle service to aid the human traffickers and towed the boats back to their point of origin, then this poor boy's parents wouldn't have bothered making the crossing, knowing it would be a waste of time.

We have satellites that can read the headlines off a newspaper from outer space, drones that can perform precision bombing against any target anywhere in the world, but we can't stop these human traffickers from sending people to their death on a daily basis?

Just over the last few years since the crises started over 100,000 irish have been excepted in other countries . Irelands response to people who are genuinely excaping horror we can not begin to comprehend is offer 500 people entry into our country. Its shameful. We once had 8 million people living in our country in much worse time than now. Hats off to Germany on this continuing suffering on our door step. RIP to this little boy.

Syrians are being granted asylum, But the vast majority are not due to not being Syrians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

America has blood on its hands for the deaths of all these innocents. They are the ones who armed the "rebels" and bombed Iraq to create the ISIS monster. Look what freedom has brought these poor souls. Shame on them.

The Syrian war is the only one that NATO and America hasn't directly intervened in.

Because of this it's dragged on for years.

At least Egypt, Libya and the other Arab Spring countries had quick wars, instead of this attrition.

Contact the Irish red cross. Let them know you have some spare bedrooms to take in some migrants.
    There are 100k people awaiting state housing already and rents are escalating

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 436 ✭✭Old Jakey

Syrians are being granted asylum, But the vast majority are not due to not being Syrians.

Only way to deal with this mess. We let in a small number of genuine asylum seekers and send the economic migrants back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The majority coming to the EU are syria, iraqis.

• Advertisement

The majority coming to the EU are syria, iraqis.
    Source?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement