Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Get a new garage!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭koutoubia

We could change the colours on it to the Boards kit colours!
    Would look cool.

Beasty - bid on it. We will all chip in with a few 'pence' to try and cover the cost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

koutoubia wrote: »

Only cos Richie Porte pissed all over it after he wasn't allowed to use it during the Giro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Only cos Richie Porte pissed all over it after he wasn't allowed to use it during the Giro.

that was a dfferent one, this one is a bus they use for smaller races (but yes a camper van but with more seats)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

manafana wrote: »
    that was a dfferent one, this one is a bus they use for smaller races (but yes a camper van but with more seats)
    Sorry lads - don't do "smaller" races - feel free to throw a bid in yourselves though...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,970 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A motorist shouted at me in Swords today that I was the reason cyclists have a bad name! :(

I don't understand what his issue was! I was in matching club gear, my eye wear was outside the helmet straps, I had matching 500ml bidons, no saddle bag, no mudguards, pump in jersey pocket, valves alligned with tyre label.......

Unless.......mmmmm.......now I was wearing MTB Endura MT500 overshoes. Ah - that was probably it!

Beasty - as I was in McNSCC gear, the committee may get another complaint. Second one in as many weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

A motorist shouted at me in Swords today that I was the reason cyclists have a bad name! :(

I don't understand what his issue was! I was in matching club gear, my eye wear was outside the helmet straps, I had matching 500ml bidons, no saddle bag, no mudguards, pump in jersey pocket, valves alligned with tyre label.......

Unless.......mmmmm.......now I was wearing MTB Endura MT500 overshoes. Ah - that was probably it!

Beasty - as I was in McNSCC gear, the committee may get another complaint. Second one in as many weeks.

LOL, what do they expect the club is gonna do? Chastise a grown man for some perceived slight? Christ.

• Advertisement

Oops!! Sorry - a bit grumpier than usual today:o

Raam wrote: »
    LOL, what do they expect the club is gonna do? Chastise a grown man for some perceived slight? Christ.
    As WA is fully aware, we now have a formal disciplinary process.

Alas to date it's not been required so WA is trying hard to do something that will result in a formal complaint from a man on the Clapham omnibus to test the process.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Probably the same one who told me to use the cycle lane after continuously beeping me on the swords road the other day. He said the cycle lane was for my own safety, I politely told him the cycle lane was sh*&e and that 'i felt safer on the road, and that I was allowed use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Maybe it's the prog rock thing he wasn't fond of. Surprised there's no one on here called Hawkwind...with a silver machine obviously

tigerboon wrote: »
    Maybe it's the prog rock thing he wasn't fond of. Surprised there's no one on here called Hawkwind...with a silver machine obviously
    :D

"Do you wanna ride, see yourself going by, the other side of the sky.........." great bloody song!

*runs to dig out Hawkwind LP's*

If WA was taken, I was going to go with Uriah Heep! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Weepsie wrote: »
    Probably the same one who told me to use the cycle lane after continuously beeping me on the swords road the other day. He said the cycle lane was for my own safety, I politely told him the cycle lane was sh*&e and that 'i felt safer on the road, and that I was allowed use it.

tends to be older men who have this view, had one close pass me to teach me lesson for using road and being able to pass him at lights, then say he wouldnt have to close pass me if i was on the cycle path

Ah sure why not! TOTP 1972 (Jesus - Lemmy is young in this!)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

:D

"Do you wanna ride, see yourself going by, the other side of the sky.........." great bloody song!

*runs to dig out Hawkwind LP's*

If WA was taken, I was going to go with Uriah Heep! ;)

Do you ride (cycle) with headphones on? That would explain the epic journeys anyway.

On another topic, the beardy fella comes soon. Any recommendations on a 20" girls bike. Some trails, lanes etc. Was thinking of the big brands like giant, cube etc....not for myself

Do you ride (cycle) with headphones on? That would explain the epic journeys anyway...
    No, never. Don't think I'd like it.

.... the beardy fella comes soon....
    Was puzzled for a minute - The penny eventually dropped. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

Looking for a pannier rack and a pannier for my dad's ****ty hybrid and (hopefully) my soon-to-be-coming own bike with or without the proper mounts. Wiggle seems to be doing a sale on racks and I have no idea what would work or be suitable. I'm only going to be using it for commuting. I can't see myself touring for quite a while to be honest.

I'm considering the Ortlieb panniers as they're so well regarded but I'm concerned that they may make my bike quite wide and I wouldn't be able to squeeze throw crevices in traffic if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

jfrmbray wrote: »
    I'm considering the Ortlieb panniers as they're so well regarded but I'm concerned that they may make my bike quite wide and I wouldn't be able to squeeze throw crevices in traffic if necessary.

I thought the same, and bought the front rollers instead of the back ones and they hold more than enough for my commuting needs. They are narrower than the handle bars so you can gauge gaps pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Looking through 1966 newspapers, found this racy boy - Shay O'Hanlon; anyone's da here?

368600.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Gabriel Howard, everyone's Da, was in 3rd place on the stage.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Gabriel Howard, everyone's Da,
    :eek:

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Gabriel Howard, everyone's Da, was in 3rd place on the stage.
    Beasty wrote: »
    :eek:
    There's a bit of a resemblance there alright Beasty! :)

(....who was the sponsor -looks like Tayto?).

gabriel_howard_zpscsjgyl3s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

Idleater wrote: »
    I thought the same, and bought the front rollers instead of the back ones and they hold more than enough for my commuting needs. They are narrower than the handle bars so you can gauge gaps pretty well.

Did you get the city or classic? I'm trying to gauge whether I'll need that strap and pocket or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

There's a bit of a resemblance there alright Beasty! :)

(....who was the sponsor -looks like Tayto?).

gabriel_howard_zpscsjgyl3s.jpg

I can hear him from here.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^
    It probably was Tayto. It's rumoured that one of that team worked for Tayto.

And said Gaybo jointly holds the record for the most consecutive Rasanna completed, a record, that I'm confident will never be beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

jfrmbray wrote: »
    Idleater wrote: »

Did you get the city or classic? I'm trying to gauge whether I'll need that strap and pocket or not.
    Sorry, only seeing this now, I have the classic. Not sure how much I "need" the strap, I use it when walking about, but I'd just as easily carry the pannier by the handle. But I do use the pocket, though if I didn't have it Im sure I'd just have another bag in the bag for keys/phone/glasses etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement