Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weds 2nd Sept: Vuelta 2015 stage 11: Andorra la Vella – Cortals d’Encamp 138km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

pelevin wrote: »
    In fairness, Roche has proven he is a high-level GC rider by coming 5th in the Vuelta 2 years ago. Here crashes scuppered him from doing what he could have - which is very realistically to have been top 10 anyway.

On other matters CN describe Landa as being Sky bound. Is that a known done deal now?

Even after the physical pain he has endured he is still an optimist! Love that! He is just a fighter.
    Off all the cyclists we have in this country ; one, only one there now with the tri-colour on his arm. Not only is he participating but Nicholas Roche is actively competing.
    It makes me, for me, just makes me smile when I see him cycle. Just Wonderful Optimism and Strength!
    Sur just look what he said this evening after that battle on the mountains
    5000m of clmbimg and two crashes has had the better of me.. Suffered today on the andora roads.
    Still 11 stages to fight for.

Long may that fighting spirit continue by him,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Eamonnator wrote: »
    And Aru would have had a bigger gap on GC

Landa had been I'd say pretty clearly the strongest rider throughout the race after Contador. He was less than 40 seconds behind Aru on gc whilst having on stage 20 a gap of about 50 seconds ahead of Aru, gained because he was as usual through that Giro, the strongest rider. Aru had only jumped ahead of him the day before on gc because, having lost a fair amount of time, he had been allowed some space to attack. Landa being his team-mate couldn't chase him down.

And here again on stage 20 with a certain stage victory there for Landa & being only 40 seconds behind a rider he'd consistently been stronger than, he was ordered to wait up & hand over all the glory to Aru again. If Aru had been the one in Landa's position up the road & only 40 seconds behind on gc I'd say it's pretty easy to guess what decision Martinelli would have made about him waiting up for Landa behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »
    Looking like an A4 the way he's climbing just now...

P1ss off you.

Anbody hear who designed the stage today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

I heard it was some guy, who lives in Andorra. I heard the name, but it meant nothing to me.
    I think Carlton may know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Purito. A Spanish rider on the Katusha team. He was a favourite for today's stage but it didn't work out for him. Also called Joaquim Rodriquez I believe.

Must have missed the one solitary occasion that it was mentioned so.

Must have missed the one solitary occasion that it was mentioned so.

Your very welcome!

That had been my effort at sarcasm btw...

letape wrote: »
    Your very welcome!

That had been my effort at sarcasm btw...

As was my original question!

As was my original question!

I got that!

• Advertisement

I think he should probably be retired from his role of stage or course designer. Someone earlier posted a photo of Quintana looking very much on the verge of death. That's taking it a small bit too far what's being asked of athletes. It also seemed to make it more of a slog-fest than a race.

letape wrote: »
    I got that!

He gets me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I heard it was AstraMonti. Certainly looked like one of his creations.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

From Cyclingnews:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/morning-mri-will-decide-froomes-vuelta-a-espana-fate/
    Team Sky confirmed to Cyclingnews that Froome had undergone medical tests this evening with x-rays carried out – although they did not specify whether the tests related to his injured shoulder, which appeared to take the brunt of his fall.

Cyclingnews has learnt that Froome will rest up this evening before having a further MRI scan in the morning. Dave Brailsford told Cyclingnews that "Chris is in a lot of pain when weight bearing and we will take a final decision in the morning."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Basically froome will be a non starter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I know Tinkov is threatening to sue ASO or UCI and maybe a load of other people over the 2nd moto bike incident taking a TCS rider out of the race...even threatening ot pull out of the race but can;t see that happen with Majka lying 4th

However if I was Darwin Attapuma I would consider suing Carlton Kirby for putting the hex on me big time since the start of the Vuleta and never leaving aminute go by without harassing me on TV. Kirby went on so much about Dawin today I wondered if he was his secret love child. Totally mental

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

does anyone know why rodrigez is called purrito?

And yes KerryforSam Nicolas Roche is a fighter , an optimist, an attacker & a grafter. He may not win a GT tour but he will always try his best ..who can ask for more

And I think he will be out there in the next stages attacking and going for a stage and hopefully he gets one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I dunno, all this 5000m in one day bleating and whining, pi$$ing and moaning.

Have they never heard of the Marmotte?:rolleyes:

lennymc wrote: »

It's because he has lots of cats which purr a lot.

• Advertisement

lennymc wrote: »

Always wondered that myself.

From Wiki:
    His nickname in the professional peloton is Purito, Spanish for little cigar, a name he was given in an early season training camp during his first year as a professional with ONCE-Eroski. When some of his teammates stepped up the pace on a small climb, he passed them making a hand gesture appearing to be smoking a cigar, suggesting he was climbing without much effort. The gesture was not welcomed by his teammates, who made him smoke a real cigar as a hazing ritual later in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Now you've ruined it...

DNFs today were Txurruka (Caja Rural), Hardy (Cofidis), Veikkenan (FDJ), and Paulinho (Tinkoff-Saxo).

And on the poster front apparently ROK ON with a closed account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

MPFGLB wrote: »
    I know Tinkov is threatening to sue ASO or UCI and maybe a load of other people over the 2nd moto bike incident taking a TCS rider out of the race...even threatening ot pull out of the race but can;t see that happen with Majka lying 4th

I'm not saying he will pull the team, but he's more likely to follow through than most other teams who would make such a threat as he wouldn't have to worry as much about upsetting team sponsors not being on display for the reminder of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I think he should probably be retired from his role of stage or course designer. Someone earlier posted a photo of Quintana looking very much on the verge of death. That's taking it a small bit too far what's being asked of athletes. It also seemed to make it more of a slog-fest than a race.

Thats La Vuelta though. The cyclists get to spend the Giro and the Tour enjoying all the best hospitality the Italians and French can offer them and then they get the sh!t kicked out of them by the Spanish.

Though even if Tinkov was serious in his intent - which would be a pretty natural degree of anger after losing 2 riders to motorbikes - the possible repurcussions from the UCI to his team for that act I'd imagine would be potentially too serious for him to go through with the pull-out.

It's because he has lots of cats which purr a lot.

Nay ...he on account him having a dodgy tummy and being only able to eat 2 types of food

purple sprouting broccoli
    & doritos

And on the poster front apparently ROK ON with a closed account.
    FFS :(

FFS :(

How do you know he closed his account and why would he ...was it something someone said ??

• Advertisement

MPFGLB wrote: »
    How do you know he closed his account and why would he ...was it something someone said ??

I was just looking a few pages back & saw by his name 'Closed account.' Don't know anything beyond that.

Advertisement