Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces September 9th event

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Have you got your email yet Heisenberg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

eeloe wrote: »
    Have you got your email yet Heisenberg?

Yeah got it straight away at 13:01pm I assume you mean my confirmation ?

Yep, and what does the delivery date say?

If it says "delivers 25/9 in most areas" it'll be at PM on Friday the 25th and you'll have it the Saturday! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

If it says "delivers 25/9 in most areas" it'll be at PM on Friday the 25th and you'll have it the Saturday! ;)

Yes it says that on mine, happy days takes the hassle of a return trip to Belfast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Still no confirmation email. Wonder is it worth chasing up?

Edit: just chatting to someone on the live chat and it's just a back log of orders and all is good. So people waiting on emails can relax :)

• Advertisement

What's the estimated shipping time now on them on the uk site? have they drifted out to 2-3 weeks or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

irishmover wrote: »
    Not only are you unable to interpret your opinion from a fact you're now putting words into my mouth? You got all that from three words. Good job.

Given your only argument is "in your opinion" what's he going to say? Of course it's his opinion.

Also troll off to the non Apple forum ( the mobile forum) to discuss this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I had reserved one for collection in Belfast on the Friday but I decided to order on the website instead and deliver through Parcel Motel for hopefully the Saturday! Saves having to take the day off work and drive up. I ordered the black leather case too so I hope limited quantities of that doesn't affect the delivery date!

My first new iPhone since my 3 year old iPhone 5 :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think I'll wait and see what content is available on the Apple TV here in Ireland before looking at one seriously. These things always look more impressive when demo'd in the US because they have all the american content licensing.

I wonder will Sky Go work on it? There's an iOS app for that, right? Do all iOS apps work on the TV out of the box or do content owners need to republish their apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

awec wrote: »
    I think I'll wait and see what content is available on the Apple TV here in Ireland before looking at one seriously. These things always look more impressive when demo'd in the US because they have all the american content licensing.

I wonder will Sky Go work on it? There's an iOS app for that, right? Do all iOS apps work on the TV out of the box or do content owners need to republish their apps?

They'd have to rework the apps for the Apple TV, and probably have to go through an approval process again as an app update i'd imagine.

I'm curious will apps that are built for portrait mode use be reworked for the TV or will app devs just not bother with the Apple TV. Games like Monument Valley would look great on TV but it's not made for landscape viewing and probably wouldn't be worth the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 AppleUser

I went and reserved mine for collection for 9.00am , can't wait. What colour are most people getting?

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Probably get one in a few months.

Think I'll go silver just because I prefer the white bezel around the screen rather than the black that comes with the space grey.

If you order from the UK is it cheaper or more expensive? Aw they don't deliver shame :( when is Irish Apple Store getting the 6s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

AppleUser wrote: »
    I went and reserved mine for collection for 9.00am , can't wait. What colour are most people getting?

Going for space grey. Collecting at 11.30

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you order from the UK is it cheaper or more expensive? Aw they don't deliver shame :( when is Irish Apple Store getting the 6s

Collect from Belfast store or order through Parcel Motel.

Otherwise, www.apple.ie should get them a month or so after the UK store does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

AppleUser wrote: »

I've one reserved to collect in the afternoon. Needed to make sure to have plenty of time to get the train up.

I went for the 64GB gold 6s plus. I'm constantly thinking I made the wrong decision! I'm using a 5s now and I think I may have underestimated just how big the plus model is. I'm fairly short and have small hands so it'll probably be ridiculous. :pac:

As long as I'll be able to fit it in my pockets I should be able to manage haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I went for the 64GB gold 6s plus. I'm constantly thinking I made the wrong decision! I'm using a 5s now and I think I may have underestimated just how big the plus model is.

The Plus is huge coming from a 4 or 5, but in my experience, you get used to it very quickly and going back would be impossible.

I feel like the Hulk whenever I try to use the 4 now, but I found it perfectly serviceable and easy to use when it was my daily phone. It's amazing how frustrating and tiny and fiddly I find the smaller key sizes after using the Plus. I think I'll be sticking with the phablet size for the future.

In the event it doesn't suit you, though, at least you have until they become available in the South to shift it quickly-- and likely for a profit.

You didn't make the wrong decision.

I thought the same when I got my 6+, but after 2 days use, my wife's 5 felt tiny, now almost a year on, I'd never consider anything smaller, even a 6 feels small in comparison. Give it a week or so and you'll be forever in love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Apologies, as I'm sure this question has been asked a million times already, but no reasonable person is going to go through pages and pages of posts. Q: Do we have any educated guesses as to when Irish networks will start selling the 6S ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

DareGod wrote: »
    Apologies, as I'm sure this question has been asked a million times already, but no reasonable person is going to go through pages and pages of posts. Q: Do we have any educated guesses as to when Irish networks will start selling the 6S ?

Thanks.

Each year it's getting sooner and sooner, last year we got it one week after the first release tier of countries. So far stock hasn't been as sparce as previous years so I'd fully expect it to be roughly a week or so again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

You didn't make the wrong decision.

I thought the same when I got my 6+, but after 2 days use, my wife's 5 felt tiny, now almost a year on, I'd never consider anything smaller, even a 6 feels small in comparison. Give it a week or so and you'll be forever in love!

I thought the plus was too big but six months in and my 6 felt like the 5. It still seems very small. Can't wait to move over to the plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

A Sky Go app would be nice. And not impossible since they have apps for PS4 and XBox so we'll wait and see.

A NowTV app is a definite.

has anyone here went from a 6 to a 6+ what is it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

has anyone here went from a 6 to a 6s what is it like?
    no one will know as the 6S doesn't get released for another 10 days.

no one will know as the 6S doesn't get released for another 10 days.

I meant did anyone go from a 6 to a 6+ my bad & what is it like for me it looks to big but appearances can be .....

I currently have a 6

ah in that case. I have a 6 and if I was buying a 6S I'd be going Plus and will be for the 7 (if the Plus size is available). It's not that much bigger, better battery life and the fact that it's now ultimately a computer for me means the 6 Plus is better suited to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I might wait for the 7 to get the plus size just to see what it's like. I had a friend who had a 6 Plus and it seemed like a monster in my hand. Not very convenient in the pocket of skinny jeans :P

don't wear skinny jeans then, bad for circulation down there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

On the 6 and the 5 series, despite my initial skepticism, feels a little dinky. Still awkward for one-handed use. I'm on the tick schedule so looking forward to my 7 next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I meant did anyone go from a 6 to a 6+ my bad & what is it like for me it looks to big but appearances can be .....

I currently have a 6

I did and I love it..
    The 5s fitted my hand perfectly and one handed no problem.
    I found the 6 bigger and had to sometimes use 2 hands so I said to hell with it...If i'm going to struggle I might as well go the whole hog and get the 6+ and I love it...well worth the jump up.

Advertisement