Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

From where? Looking to get a set at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

dahat wrote: »
    From where? Looking to get a set at a good price.

Chain reaction, 76 euro for a pair of 25s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Going to be leaving this lying around, dropping subtle hints. 51cnuUKjc6L._SY400_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lepet1

So had a bit of gip with ordering a gabba long sleeve with Evans, great price but the wait was too long. Started at 2 days then was pushed out to 4 weeks. Canceled the order and went with an espresso elsewhere. I'm a cold fish so hope I made a right call, anyone want to affirm my decision?? Have a gabba convertible and love it but find myself wearing an underlayer and a short sleeve jersey too it when it's Baltic. It arrives tomorrow so really only looking for folk to tell me I'm right!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I finally gave in and admitted my saddle is never going to get comfortable (6 months after buying my new bike!!). So I've a Selle Italia Diva saddle on order from Wiggle. €40 off so I'm happy!!

• Advertisement

Oh and new handlebar tape too!

wuzziwig wrote: »
    I finally gave in and admitted my saddle is never going to get comfortable (6 months after buying my new bike!!). So I've a Selle Italia Diva saddle on order from Wiggle. €40 off so I'm happy!!

Looking for a new saddle and was going to ask why you chose this saddle and then I saw it was a womans saddle when I looked it up on Wiggle.

You'd think the "Diva" in the name would have gave it away... :P

LOL, yeah Diva does give it away a bit. I tried it already on loan from my LBS and it's the biz. They can only get it in white and it looked mank on my lovely black and pink bike. It's all gotta match you know!!

dahat wrote: »
    Park chain cleaning tool, been wanting this a while. Hopefully makes cleaning the chain properly alot easier.

Tell me more about this please? I've had chain cleaning gadgets before and they were crap. I'm using a sponge thingymajig I got on SwimRunCycle at the minute but it's not great.

wuzziwig wrote: »
    Tell me more about this please? I've had chain cleaning gadgets before and they were crap. I'm using a sponge thingymajig I got on SwimRunCycle at the minute but it's not great.

Not used it yet but plenty video on YouTube showing it in action, looks good and reviews were very postive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

jon1981 wrote: »
    Looking for a new saddle

What do you want out of your saddle?

I had a flat fizik ardea (something like that) been on it a year but felt that long term it's causing numbness in the undercarriage. Also my tighs were rubbing and it was also a size too big

So I bought a selle italia smb hell. Has an eagle beak profile. Slightly raised on the back where your bones sit with a nice cut out channel which is narrower preventing thigh rub. Seems like a good in between er for sportives and racing. Going to fit it today. €110 from CR. Slightly heavier than the last but I'm not hunting medals or anything so no biggie

Wall hanger
    Tube
    Park Repair Kit
    BBB bar tape, black as my white tape is too hard keep clean. ..

Small bits but I'm trying to get small bits regularly to fool the Mrs into thinking biking isn't costly!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Rapha cross top ;)

Today I ordered chain oil, glasses and 2 Camelbak bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭topcat77

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SASMZONRT/san-marco-zoncolan-racing-team-saddle

extra 25% off. hopefully look and feel good on my 1997 Colnago Tecnos

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Shimano pedals & a Castelli waterproof jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Shimano wh-501 freehub and front/rear ball bearings. Hopefully they'll get here soon cos the freehub is wobbling a lot at this stage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

Picked up my new bike through bike to work scheme, Giant Defy Advanced 2. So...have splurged in last few weeks.
    Already arrived: Galibier bib shorts, over shoes and gloves. Mavic Ksyrium shoes, Mavic cosmic helmet.
    On the way: Shimano blue cleats, Polaris leg warmers from chain reaction; Lifeline torque wrench, bbb skull cap from Wiggle; Giant ridesense sensors, new bottle cages from Cyclestore.
    Keeping the postman busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A pair of Schwalbe Durano Plus tyres from CRC. The current Conti Ultra Sports on the bike are puncturing like it's going out of fashion - I can't take it any more!!

Despite being told not to spend any money on bike-related stuff at this lean time of the year, I got this purchase stamped & approved on the basis that it will stop me from being delayed coming home by puncture repairs! :pac:

Pair of spd-sl r540 , put the good ones on the new bike so needed something solid for the old bike :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

A front mech hangar for my new build..funny how something the size of a 2 euro coin is preventing me from cycling it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭irish_bhoy82

A Garmin Edge 25, speed and cadence sensors, hrm monitor and usb ant+ dongle

hopefully have them today

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭irish_bhoy82

A Garmin Edge 25, speed and cadence sensors, hrm monitor and usb ant+ dongle

hopefully have them today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

The last medium Galibier Mistral jacket in stock until May. Hope it's as good as everyone says :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

A headset cap from Acros that will allow me to properly slam the stem on my Canyon. Should arrive in a few days.

130mm stem and a torque wrench going to be fitted today.

Plan to have a lower bars and longer reach when finished.

I foresee lots of cursing and cups of tea in my future.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

ronoc wrote: »
    130mm stem and a torque wrench going to be fitted today.

Plan to have a lower bars and longer reach when finished.

I foresee lots of cursing and cups of tea in my future.

Torque wrench! Thanks for reminding me... *Wiggle basket creaking*

dancrowley wrote: »
    Torque wrench! Thanks for reminding me... *Wiggle basket creaking*

Got this one and it worked quite well !
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-essential-torque-wrench-set/?sku=5360671412

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

I've just taken delivery of the Cyclops powercal. A combo HRM and power meter. With power meters being out of my price range this will do nicely for e120. After a 10 km ride i find it reasonably accurate for a casual cyclist it'll do.
    Tech_PowerCal_04132012.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

The last medium Galibier Mistral jacket in stock until May. Hope it's as good as everyone says :)

Arrived this morning, looks good, fits well - almost hoping for cold wet weather for the club Thursday spin ;)

Advertisement