Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Visa were having issues last night. Likely related to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

irishgeo wrote: »
    Revolut card cannot be used for gambling sites. Money laundering laws are very strict. You won't get any card that doesn't require a bunch of paperwork.

I use Revolut with betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Interesting "problem" during last Friday's Visa outage. I paid for a meal with my Revolut Visa card that evening, and the POS accepted the card, yet the money was never taken from my account.
    I'm leaving the money in the account for now, in case an attempt is made later to take it. Has anyone else encountered this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It's happened to me a bit in the states where there's delayed processing of tips and things, I presume you're in Ireland though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

TheChizler wrote: »
    It's happened to me a bit in the states where there's delayed processing of tips and things, I presume you're in Ireland though?
    I was using the card in Romania. Transactions have always showed up instantly for me, including the ones that I made on Saturday and later, so I'd say it's related to the Visa outage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

carrotcake wrote: »
    Interesting "problem" during last Friday's Visa outage. I paid for a meal with my Revolut Visa card that evening, and the POS accepted the card, yet the money was never taken from my account.
    I'm leaving the money in the account for now, in case an attempt is made later to take it. Has anyone else encountered this?

It happened my dad too, the transaction only appeared on revolut on monday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone here use Number26. I am heading off travelling soon and was thinking of bringing Revolut as well as number 26. Would this be the cheapest way to access cash from ATMs abroad ?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone here use Number26. I am heading off travelling soon and was thinking of bringing Revolut as well as number 26. Would this be the cheapest way to access cash from ATMs abroad ?

It's exactly what I do. You get the best of both and you're not totally reliant on either. You'll also have both MasterCard and Visa cards so you'll have extra protection from glitches like last Friday's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Hi I've just signed up on the website. Does anyone pay for the premium subscribed service? Is it worth it? I plan on using it as an emergency savings fund for when the washing machine goes or the car breaks down or a holiday savings thing whatever comes firsy. Can this be used in all normal retailers etc?
    Is there any drawbacks is basically what I'm asking compared to a normal card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Yes I use N26 as my main card with Revolut as my back up when travelling. I find have N26 Black and it is my only current account. When i first signed up to Revolut I used them the whole time but since joing N26 its rare that I use Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yes I use N26 as my main card with Revolut as my back up when travelling. I find have N26 Black and it is my only current account. When i first signed up to Revolut I used them the whole time but since joing N26 its rare that I use Revolut.

What are the advantages of N26 over Revolut?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    What are the advantages of N26 over Revolut?

For me the travel insurance makes it especially the delayed baggage benefit. Also, unlimited foreign atm withdrawals, google pay, standing orders etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Am I correct that you can't use N26 card in the UK and the States for cash withdrawals?

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Am I correct that you can't use N26 card in the UK and the States for cash withdrawals?

I use it all the time in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    Hi I've just signed up on the website. Does anyone pay for the premium subscribed service? Is it worth it? I plan on using it as an emergency savings fund for when the washing machine goes or the car breaks down or a holiday savings thing whatever comes firsy. Can this be used in all normal retailers etc?
    Is there any drawbacks is basically what I'm asking compared to a normal card?

Is the lack of a response due to me not reading over the 5000 odd posts which have already addressed this numerous times? Maybe someone could link to a post that goes through the pros and cons? Please?I did check the first post for an faq but didn't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

How do the exchange rates compare with revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Trying to get paid in GBP from a rev.money link. Getting this error

"No pocket found for GBP currency

Try again"

Anyone see this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Trying to get paid in GBP from a rev.money link. Getting this error

"No pocket found for GBP currency

Try again"

Anyone see this before?
    Go to "More" then "Profile" then "Account Details" and tap "GBP" to add it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Am I missing something here? You use inly in the UK and US, with no fees?

There is no mention of this on their website as far as I can see?

Am I missing something here? You use inly in the UK and US, with no fees?

There is no mention of this on their website as far as I can see?

No I use N26 as my only current account. Whenever I travel to the UK and US I use it there for POS and ATM without any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

N26 used the mastercard FX rate, so no bank spread on top.

In my experience with friends using Revolut and N26 on holidays, the rates received are virtually the same, sometimes N26 is slightly better, sometimes Revolut.

Both beat the traditional banks by a significant margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Hmmm, contemplating the move to N26, whats the experience like with direct debits? The likes of Sky and some other companies refused to accept it previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Mr.S wrote: »
    Some refuse to accept it automatically via the online portals as often the form is coded to only accept IE IBAN’s, a quick email or call to customer support sorts it.

Or you might also fight a challange dragging it out over a year with involvement of the EU as my recent attempt to the NTA to accept non irish IBAN for leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭fuse

Do Revolut or N26 cards offer a credit card with credit limit? Last time I looked they didn't allow balances go below zero. Or am I mistaken?
    Or are there better options for Credit Cards beyond the standard regional banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Hoping someone can help. I got a second card about 2 months ago. I’m 95% sure i acrtivated it but can’t remember for sure as it was a while ago. Actually looking back at transactions, i can see one for 12c which says stamp duty for cash so i presume that is from when i activated it. The second card is for my house sitters to pay for anything that they need to. They went & got my dog groomed and then tried to withdraw the money. Theres €97 in the account and they tried to get out €60 and it was saying ‘service unavailable’. They tried it in several atms. I didn’t receive any notifications that they tried to use it.

I checked and contactless and atm withdrawals are turned on. I used my card the other day (with another currency that was also loaded on there) with no problem. I do have location based security turned off as i’m in Australia currently and they are in Ireland so i didn’t want it declining if it thought there was fraud. The two cards have different numbers and mine is a mastercard while theirs is a visa.

Does anyone have any idea why it didn’t work for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

If you gave them the visa, it has a different pin to your normal pin? Maybe they used the wrong pin

Dardania wrote: »
    If you gave them the visa, it has a different pin to your normal pin? Maybe they used the wrong pin

No, they are using the correct pin...double checked it in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Even with security location turned off they can see your transactions and might have manually stepped in and blocked one card.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Even with security location turned off they can see your transactions and might have manually stepped in and blocked one card.

I don’t think its blocked as i was able to use it for an online transaction this evening. I’ve asked my house sitters to try it by tapping it and also using the pin to purchase something small and meanwhile i’m in the queue for live support...4hrs and counting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ok, have had the app on my phone for ages, physical card since Oct (I think).

Been using the virtual credit card to pay for numerous transactions online with no problems.

The account has racked up a good few euro on it via payments made to me, so there's money on the card no problem.

Anyway, decided I would pay for stuff in a shop tonight with it, (the physical card) using the tap and pay on it, but it just said card type not supported or something.

Without reading all 5.5k other repiles on the thread, does the tap and pay option work here on the card, or do I need to activate the card or some other process?

Also, can I withdraw cash from an atm using it?

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement