Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glas scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭High bike

ganmo wrote: »
    the only time I've heard a letter taking a week to reach the the right place is when the address is wrong...Standard delivery time is 1/2 days

It's not that I'm on death row, I don't like being told something when I know its a lie.[/quote Do you really expect the truth when dealing with gov dept's☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

I got the acceptance letter. That's my mad money sorted for the next five years.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Got in too, see you have till 15th to pull out, if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

In too as of 30th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Dozer1

here too, a pity it wasn't here a month ago and I could have got some of the coppicing work done before the rain

• Advertisement

Dozer1 wrote: »
    here too, a pity it wasn't here a month ago and I could have got some of the coppicing work done before the rain

I got all of mine done between the middle of August and about a fortnight ago as it needed doing anyhow regardless of acceptance or not to glas. I have a lot of infilling to do now so I need to go and source bareroot plants now and get them planted.

Grueller wrote: »
    I got all of mine done between the middle of August and about a fortnight ago as it needed doing anyhow regardless of acceptance or not to glas. I have a lot of infilling to do now so I need to go and source bareroot plants now and get them planted.
    Was going to do the same but adviser told me not to until i got confirmation and as i only got that yesterday its too late now,a complete fcuk up by the dept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Dozer1

yea I was told the same not to have anything done prior to getting the letter, ah well looks like lots of bushes to be buried somewhere next year

High bike wrote: »
    Was going to do the same but adviser told me not to until i got confirmation and as i only got that yesterday its too late now,a complete fcuk up by the dept

Any reason the planner advised not to?

Grueller wrote: »
    Any reason the planner advised not to?
    He said not to do anything I case of inspection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kelslat

Are people still getting approval letters? Nothing here yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Wes Palmer Lee

Yeah they're still coming out in drips and drabs I'm told
    Still waiting also.

Thanks wes! We will have to wait a little longer.

I emailed them to see how my application was getting on.
    Got a fairly quick reply saying it had come up with a query and that I'd have to wait..
    My start date wouldn't be til Jan 2016 so I'm patiently waiting...

Put in for a load of coppicing whitethorn hedges, kind of sorry now cos most of them are on bad land along drains. It would be tricky to get down to the10cm with the chainsaw while trying to keep my balance in a 4ft dyke!

Got a fairly quick reply saying it had come up with a query and that I'd have to wait..

Put in for a load of coppicing whitethorn hedges, kind of sorry now cos most of them are on bad land along drains. It would be tricky to get down to the10cm with the chainsaw while trying to keep my balance in a 4ft dyke!
    Does that mean you won't get a payment in december if you don't get a start date till January? I put in for a lot of coppicing as well, how long do we get to do it?

I'll be happy if I get a payment at all..!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭yeller

I got only 15 acres and wondering if it would be worth going into this scheme,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

yeller wrote: »

All with the same LPIS number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭50HX

straight off it's worth 1570 for LIPP.. so i would think yes

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

5 acres of wild bird cover = 1800euro.
    5 acres of hay meadow = 630 euros.
    5 acres of Permanent pasture = 628 euros.
    Total = 3058 euros.
    Over 5 years = 15,290 euros.
    Plus you'll be in Tier 2, giving a better chance of being accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭yeller

TPF2012 wrote: »
    Total = 3058 euros.
    Thanks for that
    that would affect the single farm payment etc then?

I was told I had to have applications in by next Monday and have to get a private guy to draw up a plan for then, cost is 375 EUROS I think for that and no guarantee I will be accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

I'd say it will be next July before you get your letter tbh.

Are you serious??
    If I'm accepted the start date would be Jan 1st 2016.

I'd have to get some confirmation before that surely..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭patrickn

TPF2012 wrote: »
    Total = 3058 euros.

These 3 actions cannot be carried out on 1 parcel. Hopefully your 15 acres is divided into a few parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Are you serious??
    If I'm accepted the start date would be Jan 1st 2016.

I'd have to get some confirmation before that surely..

I'm taking it that your not 1 of the lucky ones that have got in for the last 3 months of this year. I have applied for next year's one as well. I didn't go this year as I still had a year of AEOS left. Same start date as yourself and my planner told me not to do a thing till I know I'm accepted (which I'm assuming I will as I have 2 tier 1 measures) and that won't be till next July. Sure some lad's that are being paid for Oct Nov Dec of this year still don't know if there accepted.
    Check the rules as there different next year,hedgeing is gone. A few more big differences to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

If a farmers three measures are
    Traditional hay meadow
    Low input pasture and
    Fencing off a stretch of river
    What are the chances of getting into Glas 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

patrickn wrote: »
    These 3 actions cannot be carried out on 1 parcel. Hopefully your 15 acres is divided into a few parcels.

Well I'm in bother as my planner has just submitted those 3 actions on 1 parcel.
    As far as I'm aware you can combine WBC, hay meadow and pasture on 1 parcel. The only catch is that, there can only be 3 separate areas digitised out on 1 parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

tanko wrote: »
    If a farmers three measures are
    Traditional hay meadow
    Low input pasture and
    Fencing off a stretch of river
    What are the chances of getting into Glas 2?

Very slim I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

mayota wrote: »
    Very slim I was told.

Feck, are you serious?

My planner told me I'd have a good chance of getting in with those measures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

tanko wrote: »
    Feck, are you serious?

My planner told me I'd have a good chance of getting in with those measures.

My planner told me I'd want to plant the wild bird cover to increase chance of getting in but even at €900/h I didn't feel it worth it. I have put in for LIPP, fencing of waterways, coppicing, bee sand and all the bird and bat boxes.

Advertisement