Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glas scheme

Options
  • 21-08-2015 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

I applied for it this year anyone know when we should hear word if we are accepted into the scheme or not?
    I applied in May so was hoping to start this year. Gave the planner a tidy sum to draw up a plan. He doesn't know yet.
    Has anyone got word?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

20silkcut wrote: »
    I applied for it this year anyone know when we should hear word if we are accepted into the scheme or not?
    I applied in May so was hoping to start this year. Gave the planner a tidy sum to draw up a plan. He doesn't know yet.
    Has anyone got word?
    Think I saw recently we'll know in October

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

Farrell wrote: »
    Think I saw recently we'll know in October

It was supposed to be august but has been pushed to October-any idea how many months they will pay for 2015?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

October and last three months of this year to draw on

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Any word on the second tranche that was supposed to be opening for applications round now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭50HX

Farmer wrote: »
    Any word on the second tranche that was supposed to be opening for applications round now.

they are saying october with the commonage to take up most of the 2nd tranche

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

I am a tier 2 applicant due to having high status water according to my planner. I expect to get in so I have been fencing all the watercourses back 1.5 metres in anticipation. I am also establishing 150m of new hedging and coppicing about 400m.
    I have almost completed the fencing and will hold on the other two due to being out of bare root planting season at the moment. I am dreading the thought of coppicing blackthorn hedges. I'll be cut assunder but I had planned to do it some time anyway as the ditches were very straggly and it will crown the place and it will hopefully be great to get paid for what I wanted to do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭bbeeforsalmon

I rang Dept on Thurs and was told we would know in 2 to 3 weeks. Does anyone know if bird cover or environmentally managed grassland will be considered as the 2nd arable crop required under Greening? If not, I need to sow winter barley but am holding off to see if accepted for Glas. I would prefer not to have winter barley but will have to use the bird cover field for it but I cannot chance that as I may be accepted. The delay in notification is making planning impossible. I would have sown the environmentally managed grass in Sept but it will be too late by the end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

The department is a shambles.. We finished up Reps3 in 2011 and were advised that a new scheme would be replacing it within 12 months. With AEOS 2 closed 2 months before we completed Rep3 and refused entry to AEOS 3 in 2013 due to .7 hectares over the 22 limit we're now 3 years later again before glas and its seeing the same delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

3 years later again before glas and its seeing the same delays.

Did you apply back in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Did you apply back in May?

Yea. Expected to know in August but it was a last min notice that we'd all be waiting till Oct and I doubt we'll know till Jan tbh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

Hedge planting is no longer an option in glas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

Too many applying for it I would imagine. It was a sure fire €1000 on any plan and very little work or maintenance. Coppicing is also curtailed on the second tranche. I am using both of these and had to put a rocket under my advisors arse to apply last time cos he wanted me to wait as he was busy. Glad I forced the issue now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

junospider wrote: »
    Hedge planting is no longer an option in glas.

Yeah the reckoning is there won't be enough of native Irish hedges to plant and are worried about importing hedges and bringing in diseases like what happened with ash die back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Aeos was only ever meant to be temporary because the EU decided reps was too good. And as you know temporary in government talk means for as long as we can get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭White Clover

ganmo wrote: »
    Aeos was only ever meant to be temporary because the EU decided reps was too good. And as you know temporary in government talk means for as long as we can get away with it.

Very true. A scheme like reps 4 would be invaluable to rural Ireland. It was shown to be pretty much cost neutral to the exchequer. Only for the excessively stupid rules introduced in Brussels. ......

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pure breed

Hi folks just wondering any news on when we;ll know if accepted????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mandee1980

pure breed wrote: »
    Hi folks just wondering any news on when we;ll know if accepted????

next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pure breed

mandee1980 wrote: »
    next week.

thanks about time for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

It's worse than waiting for exam results!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Base price

KatyMac wrote: »
    It's worse than waiting for exam results!
    +1
    I was hoping that we would hear a few weeks ago as it would have been ideal weather for ploughing. It looks like the weather has turned now and ground conditions are deteriorating :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Anyone get any letters today?

djmc wrote: »
    Anyone get any letters today?

They are being posted today my source tells me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I wonder why the cannot inform us on Agfood.

Base price wrote: »
    I wonder why the cannot inform us on Agfood.
    27000 *.66c = 17820.

good chunk of change

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭newholland

27000 *.66c = 17820.

good chunk of change

70 cents now

So nearly 19k...
    Had a poke on agriland, November is the new August...well we have got the weather

So nearly 19k...
    Had a poke on agriland, November is the new August...well we have got the weather

Ireland is the only country to implement it this year?

Ireland is the only country to implement it this year?

Every country has to have an an environmental programme.
    Reps was 'too good'
    Aeos was a temporary stop gap(at the beginning)
    And now we have glas
    Each programme has to get the nod from Europe but the rest is up to each country

I thought this was the new environmental scheme?

Programme/scheme couldn't remember which word they were using

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I think your source is wrong.
    Or did anyone receive letters yet.
    Even Simon can't put a date on it august September last week of September first week of November?

Advertisement