Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.5 acres.... opinions please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Dad is Meeting the banks on Friday, Auctioneer has fairly changed his tune in the past week or so. We are hoping to submit an offer before the auction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Public auction at least is is relatively transparent. Did you make any enquiries regarding sites?

Willfarman wrote: »
    Public auction at least is is relatively transparent. Did you make any enquiries regarding sites?

the access area is small tbh. one gateway so would think only a site for myself. id be happy to pay approx 10k per acre given the location etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Dad is Meeting the banks on Friday, Auctioneer has fairly changed his tune in the past week or so. We are hoping to submit an offer before the auction.

Good man I'll rent it off ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Is it worth submitting an offer so soon before the auction? It will probably go to auction anyhow at this stage and an offer before hand will just help him get the price up to your offering price without any other bids .
    Hope it goes well either way for you .

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »
    Is it worth submitting an offer so soon before the auction? It will probably go to auction anyhow at this stage and an offer before hand will just help him get the price up to your offering price without any other bids .
    Hope it goes well either way for you .

Cousin is an auctioneer but emigrated to nz , waiting her to reply to an email asking for advice

Definately don't bid before the auction. Like anything at auction then put your maximum value on it and be prepared to let it go. Be aware the auctioneer is allowed to prompt you along with phantom bids.

Be aware the auctioneer is allowed to prompt you along with phantom bids.

I know it happens but is it really officially allowed...?

I know it happens but is it really officially allowed...?

Yes there is no law against it. Picture the slimiest cunning double crossing utmost untrustworthy devil you can. Multiply ten fold and you are getting close to the average property auctioneer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Definately don't bid before the auction. Like anything at auction then put your maximum value on it and be prepared to let it go. Be aware the auctioneer is allowed to prompt you along with phantom bids.

Very good advice. Know your absolutely limit and stick to it. You could end up paying too much for it and not able to build your house after. You'll be left with 7 expensive acres.

Oh and get a solicitor to check access/ right of way and ensure there is no charge on the land. I know someone who had fire trouble closing sake with banks due to right of way issue. It will only cost you a small fee and it will be part of the overall fee if you are the duccessful bidder

• Advertisement

sea12 wrote: »
    Oh and get a solicitor to check access/ right of way and ensure there is no charge on the land.

You can view the folio yourself online for free and download it for 5 EUR at www.landdirect.ie . It will show if there are registered rights of way and also who the registered owner is and if its been registered as security by a Bank etc.
    Sometimes you'll turn up useful information for the negotiation.

Auction is today. Not Going tho. Nreighbour going buyinh it and bank will only approve us for 70k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Auction is today. Not Going tho. Nreighbour going buyinh it and bank will only approve us for 70k.

Don't mean to be smart, but u'd really want to be able to trust ur neighbour. Have seen situations like this go wrong plenty times before.

Do you mean he is buying it on your behalf?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Don't mean to be smart, but u'd really want to be able to trust ur neighbour. Have seen situations like this go wrong plenty times before.

Agree there ,land dose strange things to people in this country including friends neighbours etc,I'd still go if u got the 70 k approved and you could end up surprised

Reggie. wrote: »
    Do you mean he is buying it on your behalf?

No he will be buying for himself. Has a bit more buying power than me at the moment.

It might work out for luck. There will be land for sale again. But go to the auction and have a look see the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Agree there ,land dose strange things to people in this country including friends neighbours etc,I'd still go if u got the 70 k approved and you could end up surprised

completely agree.. if your not in you can't win.. recently there was land for sale next to parents 15 acres. one loud mouth gave his time shouting he would buy etc etc. He succeeded in putting off one good buyer (as he bought land in meantime) but when auction came he did not have the b$lls to buy the place himself despite all the talk.. Only advice is do your own thing and don't be distracted by what you think others may or may-not do

Wont be there. Im currently digging outside Birmingham Town Hall.

No he will be buying for himself. Has a bit more buying power than me at the moment.

A bit confused here, does this mean that u have dropped ur interest in the 7.5 acres and ur neighbour is now buying it?

• Advertisement

A bit confused here, does this mean that u have dropped ur interest in the 7.5 acres and ur neighbour is now buying it?

yup

Wont be there. Im currently digging outside Birmingham Town Hall.

Was there two days ago

Was there two days ago

Feck off? im here all week. Did you see us in the square??

Feck off? im here all week. Did you see us in the square??

Nope. Wife and sister in law were at a wedding fair there somewhere. The NEC or something on sunday

Nope. Wife and sister in law were at a wedding fair there somewhere. The NEC or something on sunday

oh jesus you didnt get roped into that did you??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Same lad probably hasn't two pennies in his pocket to rub together

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Muckit wrote: »

father made an offer of the 70k snd it was declined so no real point in me trying

So what happened at the auction? Did it make over the €70k? Did ur neighbour buy it?

• Advertisement

So what happened at the auction? Did it make over the €70k? Did ur neighbour buy it?

It wasn't sold I believe

Advertisement