Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man caught on camera keying 100k Aston Martin

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Its presumed that a nice rich guy owns the car and not someone who will have the car scraper floating face down in a river by the weekend, after a 9k reward for info gets out. eh?
    lets get sinister!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I wish i had an aston martin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

delighted he was caught red handed.......dirty sly yoke!

The images are so clear there's no way he will get out of it. The noise in the video when he drags the key down the side, ouch.

Bet he never thought he'd see himself on the bbc news, this is a real case where karma gives someone their comeuppance!

48 years of age, would want to cop onto himself!

If someone can afford a nice car decadent or not, it's their own business, more power to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

bluewolf wrote: »
    I wish i had an aston martin

Given the fact they seem to average about 20 miles to the gallon, & would be in the top bracket of tax for engine size (which is around €1800 I think), t'would slowly suck you dry, I'd imagine (I've known people who had to ditch cars they got a deal on for reasons of running cost). Nothing as flash as one of these, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Nodin wrote: »
    Given the fact they seem to average about 20 miles to the gallon, & would be in the top bracket of tax for engine size (which is around €1800 I think), t'would slowly suck you dry, I'd imagine (I've known people who had to ditch cars they got a deal on for reasons of running cost). Nothing as flash as one of these, mind you.

more like 15 mpg motorway and 5 mpg around town. 1809 euro pre co2 system and 2400+ after.

it pale compares to the purchase price and maintenance. could easily be a two grand for a set of tyres and a grand for pads and disks

• Advertisement

more like 15 mpg motorway and 5 mpg around town. 1809 euro pre co2 system and 2400+ after.

it pale compares to the purchase price and maintenance. could easily be a two grand for a set of tyres and a grand for pads and disks

Good jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Nodin wrote: »
    Good jaysus.

if I could afford it I would do it too. maybe not around london.. can't imagine it's much fun parading around in an aston when there are bugatti veyrons with their 15 thousand pound tyres and million pound price tag driving beside you

if I could afford it I would do it too. maybe not around london.. can't imagine it's much fun parading around in an aston when there are bugatti veyrons with their 15 thousand pound tyres and million pound price tag driving beside you

Not being a car fan, I can't see the appeal meself. Then again I'd splash insane money on a different area entirely, had I it to hand, so tis not for me to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What a waste of police time. It's a feckin scratch on a car for Christ sake.

Imagine going to the police.
    "A car scratched? Not interested"
    "But it cost £9,000 to repair"
    "Sorry, not interested sir. It's a waste of out time"
    "But I have a video of the man doing it, you can clearly see him"
    "I think I've made myself clear sir, waste of time looking at it"

Brilliant

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ah yeah you'd want a high income to match the upkeep and all
    I remember passing one of those "enter the draw to win this fancy car" things and going pfff upkeep !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

Rattled wrote: »
    Trying too hard,, pete.

:confused:

You either need glasses, or you need to stay off the mushrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

hytrogen wrote: »
    Eh the dole in the UK is a fraction to what they offer here.. average between £57 & £73 per week. So it's an ASBO & insurance claim unfortunately

How do you know he's unemployed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

https://vimeo.com/79811169

I hope he pays , anyone who mucks with another person's wheels needs a propper thump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Cienciano wrote: »
    Imagine going to the police.
    "A car scratched? Not interested"
    "But it cost £9,000 to repair"
    "Sorry, not interested sir. It's a waste of out time"
    "But I have a video of the man doing it, you can clearly see him"
    "I think I've made myself clear sir, waste of time looking at it"

Brilliant

Possibly the case in Ireland but not usually the case in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Samaris wrote: »
    So, man keys car. Man looks well-off.

Immediate reaction is "welfare sponge". Because god now, no good, law-abidin', taxpayer would ever be a rolling douchewagon. Nope, must be the filthy lower classes.

Unsure if this is a really bizarre blind spot that people in AH have, since you can pretty much bet on how long it takes for someone to spout off about it on any thread like this, or if there's just a couple of people who are tunnel-vision obsessed.
    It was a joke, based on the oft-repeated story of welfare handing out buggies left right and centre.

Advertisement