Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should this work?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

liam24 wrote: »
    It's hilarious to think that your average weak-willed fatty is going to change the habits of a lifetime and permanently eat kale and boiled chicken with spices to make it interesting. Does that ever work?
    yup it does work and i can post lots of examples and body fat scores to prove my point if you wish.

HOWEVER not ONCE have i ever suggested that the client needs to eat like you're suggesting - basically plain meat and rabbit food.

Licking the flavour off Doritos? That's like trying to cure horniness by getting a lap dance
    take a bow sir

No need to get personal, I'm just trying to be helpful.
    you're really not dude and someone had to say it sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

Transform wrote: »
    and when he knew he was wrong his response was "well it worked for me, thats all im saying" thats because what you're saying is grounded in the basics i.e. eat less and move more but your based understanding of fat loss is wayyyyy off

I'm not trying to sell stuff like you. I'm just an average joe talking to other average joes who has tried a lot and has found the perfect way of losing weight. Don't tell me it didn't work because it did. And as for your claim that you've had clients who have lost more than two stone in two months and it was easier than this, I don't believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Fitness 1
    After Hours 0

• Advertisement

Liam24 if you're messing then you're so funny getting these people to argue with you about licking Doritos. I'd say you're having a great laugh as am I.

But if you're serious then just I just don't even know. Ya can't be seriouse tho can ya?

Licking Doritos was one sentence that people keep dwelling on. I did it because it satisfied me in the middle of the night when I was super-stressed. I'm saying eat fewer calories, and eat whatever you want. That's my suggestion.

I'm not suggesting it - I'm telling you from personal experience that it is a good way. It's a fact. And I don't know why people are focused on this. I said the point of my contribution was that you've got to eat 1500-1800 calories a day. You don't have to lick crisps if you don't want to.
    1500-1800 per day is the fu%king paul daniels of the dieting world - picking numbers out of a bloody hat with no understanding of the individual.

e.g take a 30yr old guy thats 6ft3in, 220llbs and trains 3-4 days a week and wants to drop 20lbs - a drop to 1500cals per day is a chronically low calorie level to drop to and totally unnecessary as he will drop fat at about 2,500/day so 1,000cals less is a recipe for disaster.

e.g. 2 female 5ft, 25yrs old weighing 140lbs (10stone) trains twice per week - 1500cals would be a little on the high side for fat loss to occur and would actually need to drop down to 1250-1350cals/day to drop about 1lb per week.

So if you want to get into the maths of it all there you go.

1500-1800 per day is the fu%king paul daniels of the dieting world - picking numbers out of a bloody hat with no understanding of the individual.

e.g take a 30yr old guy thats 6ft3in, 220llbs and trains 3-4 days a week and wants to drop 20lbs - a drop to 1500cals per day is a chronically low calorie level to drop to and totally unnecessary as he will drop fat at about 2,500/day so 1,000cals less is a recipe for disaster.

e.g. 2 female 5ft, 25yrs old weighing 140lbs (10stone) trains twice per week - 1500cals would be a little on the high side for fat loss to occur and would actually need to drop down to 1250-1350cals/day to drop about 1lb per week.

The big guy just had to lick a family pack of Doritos to win. Smaller pack for her.

Thanks for giving us information you can get off a million websites on the internet. How much does it cost for your tailored expert advice. 99.95? One time only? And get a free paintbrush?

I'm not trying to sell stuff like you. I'm just an average joe talking to other average joes who has tried a lot and has found the perfect way of losing weight. Don't tell me it didn't work because it did. And as for your claim that you've had clients who have lost more than two stone in two months and it was easier than this, I don't believe you.
    LOL there are over 400 FREE articles on my site so yes i sell sh1t but i give a ton away for free.

where have i said it didnt work? No ones suggesting that

i really couldnt give a rashers what you believe tbh i just dont want readers to in any way think that what you've suggested to be a sensible approach to fat loss

• Advertisement

Thanks for giving us information you can get off a million websites on the internet. How much does it cost for your tailored expert advice. 99.95? One time only? And get a free paintbrush?
    But what you suggest is ok - a random 1500-1800cals per day????

Do you really think a 4ft midget who sits on her bottom all day needs to be told that she needs to take fewer calories than that for fat loss? Do you really have so little regard for other people's intelligence?

If you're not out exercising hard five days a week, then you don't deserve to lose weight.

Do you really think a 4ft midget who sits on her bottom all day needs to be told that she needs to take fewer calories than that for fat loss? Do you really have so little regard for other people's intelligence?

If you're not out exercising hard five days a week, then you don't deserve to lose weight.
    Suggesting i have little regard to other peoples intelligence and then saying you need to train hard 5 days a week or you dont deserve to lose weight is just stunning

and that sir is where Im out

Suggesting i have little regard to other peoples intelligence and then saying you need to train hard 5 days a week or you dont deserve to lose weight is just stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I like to sprinkle my doritos with a light dusting of protein powder and creatine. Makes for a great PWO-lick

giphy.gif

Do you really have so little regard for other people's intelligence?

It gets better.

Following "Have a craving? Lick some crisps", the above is a high water mark.

It gets better.

Following "Have a craving? Lick some crisps", the above is a high water mark.

I know loads of people who have gone on "healthy" diets and gone to fitness trainers etc. I haven't seen much radical and lasting weight loss. Is it possible that people who have been thin and been eating healthy their whole lives don't understand the psychology of squidgy average people like me? If you don't understand why somebody dieting would want the taste of Doritos, then you don't understand a large percentage of the population.

And let's be honest here - a lot of people don't care that much about getting all their nutrients and vitamins and being super-healthy. If they did they wouldn't have subsisted on Domino's pizza for the last five years. They want to be thin. They want to look good for a holiday or a wedding or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ok lads enough ****e till we get some facts. Science solves everything. So let's have it, what flavour Doritos we talkin bout here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I prefer pringles.

Will it work with pringles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,031 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

liam24 wrote:
    I'd prefer the dignity of being able to tie up the top button of my jeans.
    If somebody can close the top button on their jeans, it just means they bought the right size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

This thread is an epic fail. I now badly want to lick doritos and m&m's. Only lick, mind you. It keeps the horniness away or something.

Op the beauty of putting your food on myfitnesspal (and most importantly weighing food) is to get an accurate idea of the amount of cals you are eating. I was surprised at how much I was under estimating when I started. Then you can help a proper idea of what you need to change/cut down. And you'd be surprised at the amount of snacks that creep in that you've forgotten about.

It's not about using mfp long term, it's about getting realistic about what you are actually eating.

Advertisement