Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Captain

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 On The Q.T

Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

If you kept Rooney despite Agüero's appeal you have to captain him.
    If you have both, it's a tough call. Form over fixtures would suggest Agüero. But last year respective results are tempting to put it on Roo.
    If you don't have Rooney, I presume you have Agüero and well he's flying on top of most captain polls!

Outside these 2, Payet & Gomis considering their form and fixtures are good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

iroced wrote: »
    If you have both, it's a tough call. Form over fixtures would suggest Agüero. But last year respective results are tempting to put it on Roo.
    If you don't have Rooney, I presume you have Agüero and well he's flying on top of most captain polls!

Outside these 2, Payet & Gomis considering their form and fixtures are good options.

Given the amount of chances he's had and missed Sadio Mané has to be a shout too. They'll start going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Right now, I'm keeping Rooney and don't have Aguero and am captaining Sakho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Right now, I'm keeping Rooney and don't have Aguero and am captaining Sakho

I tried that last week, not doing it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AdpRo wrote: »
    I tried that last week, not doing it again!
    Having seen the highlights of the game, you were extremely unlucky that didn't pay you back in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

CSF wrote: »
    Having seen the highlights of the game, you were extremely unlucky that didn't pay you back in spades.

This. Not as if my heavy hitters choices thus far have done any better (Hazard and then Kane)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've decided I'll be going with sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Changed to Memphis, let the bandwagon move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I've decided I'll be going with sanchez
    Since you said you were wildcarding to notably accomodate him in your team I was expecting you to do so. Well more fearing than expecting actually (ahead of our H2H clash :p).

He was almost as sharp and good than Agüero last week and will face a 'Pool side that despite its 2 CS doesn't inspire me much confidence at the back. They were outplayed in both their games and managed with a mixture of experience and luck to get away with 2 wins. But a fully committed Arsenal side that will want to bounce back at home after their opening defeat, with all its firepower, could really harm Liverpool. And if that's the case, Sanchez could have a blinder.

I think you got him in before everyone last year and it kickstarted your season. You could be on for a repeat :cool:.

• Advertisement

Since you said you were wildcarding to notably accomodate him in your team I was expecting you to do so. Well more fearing than expecting actually (ahead of our H2H clash :p).

He was almost as sharp and good than Agüero last week and will face a 'Pool side that despite its 2 CS doesn't inspire me much confidence at the back. They were outplayed in both their games and managed with a mixture of experience and luck to get away with 2 wins. But a fully committed Arsenal side that will want to bounce back at home after their opening defeat, with all its firepower, could really harm Liverpool. And if that's the case, Sanchez could have a blinder.

I think you got him in before everyone last year and it kickstarted your season. You could be on for a repeat :cool:.

Ye I'm hoping history repeats itself with sanchez switching an inform adm to sanchez and last year before the masses was huge for me. Things aren't as bleak for me now as they were prior to the city game Benteke capt gomez and kolorav gave me a bit of a boost. I'll be captaining aguero most weeks but I'm going to chance sanchez this week. Hopefully I don't make a mess of my wildcard as I did at this exact time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Mike3549

i would like to go with memphis but its another bloody early match, its not city vs spurs. last year aguero played about 40mins in total in first 3 games. this year - only the last 28 mins in first match and just because it was chelsea he played from the start in gw2. thats why i decided to give rooney another chance. MU vs newcastle 1:0 memphis goal, rooney assist. might take a risk and captain sakho or A.Ayew, you just cant ignore sunderlands ****ty defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I need to start picking up performances now. 1.8m rank is not the start I was hoping for. Need Kun (C) to lead the renaissance!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Completely agree re Pool defense, they haven't been tested really and they haven't changed much since the Stoke hammering of late last year.
    I also think Arsenal will have a point to prove.

I also rode the Sanchez wave last year (thanks to dumping Costa in the Conundrum). Tempted to try it again.

Depay is tempting me and Aguero obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him being eased back in again now that Chelsea are out of the way.

Aguero. Always captain Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Kane for me

PARlance wrote: »
    Completely agree re Pool defense, they haven't been tested really and they haven't changed much since the Stoke hammering of late last year.
    I also think Arsenal will have a point to prove.

I also rode the Sanchez wave last year (thanks to dumping Costa in the Conundrum). Tempted to try it again.

Depay is tempting me and Aguero obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him being eased back in again now that Chelsea are out of the way.
    so sanchez or hazard;)

so sanchez or hazard;)

May have done a U turn alright :)

When Hazard comes back to us he'll be in my team, I'll happily do Sanchez -> One of the other 100 good other Arsenal midfielders to clear up funds for it ;)

PARlance wrote: »
    May have done a U turn alright :)

When Hazard comes back to us he'll be in my team, I'll happily do Sanchez -> One of the other 100 good other Arsenal midfielders to clear up funds for it ;)
    only winding you up :D. Pedro going to chelsea would shake things up a bit once he is classed as a mid.

only winding you up :D. Pedro going to chelsea would shake things up a bit once he is classed as a mid.

Think I'll just captain Cazorla or Willian so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Narrowed it down to 3 names.... Sergio Kun Aguero :)

I think Man U will win but not sure they will go 'nuts'. Don't want Rooney and not sure if I bring him in I'd gamble on Depay.

I think the Arsenal-Liverpool game will be tight. It was 4-1 last year but Liverpool have now decided to play people who know how to play full back (Can, Moreno and Johnson, sweet Jesus!), someone with legs in midfield and a guy up front who can actually retain possession. Can see Rodgers keeping it tight a la Stoke.

I reckon Chelsea will bounce back but it's risky to captain anyone playing against Pulis.

Sergio it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Too scared to not captain Aguero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I've been on Aguero all week but now that I have Depay I'm tempted to captain him.
    Janmaat is suspended and that should be good for Depay's prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

jive wrote: »
    Rooney if he does anything midweek. City have won 1 in 7 at Goodison. They've scored 5 in 7 although 4 of those came in the last 2 meetings.

To scare all the Aguero captainers, he played 7 (subbed off), 23 (subbed on) and 28 mins (scored, subbed off) in the last 3 meetings with Everton.

So what you;re saying is..... Aguero is due ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Benimar wrote: »
    Narrowed it down to 3 names.... Sergio Kun Aguero :)

I think Man U will win but not sure they will go 'nuts'. Don't want Rooney and not sure if I bring him in I'd gamble on Depay.

I think the Arsenal-Liverpool game will be tight. It was 4-1 last year but Liverpool have now decided to play people who know how to play full back (Can, Moreno and Johnson, sweet Jesus!), someone with legs in midfield and a guy up front who can actually retain possession. Can see Rodgers keeping it tight a la Stoke.

I reckon Chelsea will bounce back but it's risky to captain anyone playing against Pulis.

Sergio it is.

There was a good article in yesterday's Independent about how Rodgers has finally realised that Liverpool cannot play like Barcelona.

His job is on the line and the first thing any manager under pressure does is tighten up the backline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

1 from Depay,Mahrez or Rooney

Tempted by Mahrez as he is the form player. and Rooney cos N'castle are muck and its his last game before I ship him for Kun

Game week four Kun triple point captain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Rikand wrote: »
    So what you;re saying is..... Aguero is due ? :)

If anyone is due it's Rooney, he hasn't scored in ages!! That's how it works isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dubliner28 wrote:
    1 from Depay,Mahrez or Rooney

Spurs midfield is giving zero protection to its defence so far. Mahrez should do well against them. Def worth considering

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moose522

Jus a weird thing I have noticed.

A good bit of people are a bit slow in my leauges as theyre already using their triple point captain in the first 2 weeks.

Are ye not waiting until a GW when you have a player playing 2 games in that week and then use it? Or is this jus me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

moose522 wrote: »
    Jus a weird thing I have noticed.

A good bit of people are a bit slow in my leauges as theyre already using their triple point captain in the first 2 weeks.

Are ye not waiting until a GW when you have a player playing 2 games in that week and then use it? Or is this jus me.

Tempted by Kun next week v Watford. Could run riot,

I was thinking the same but things you need to factor in a double game week is who they could play, eg City v Arsenal away/Stoke away not like to run in many goals or could be Bournmouth H and Sunderland H

Risk you gotta take i suppose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement