Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Top area is 6cm deep x 50cm long x 21.5cm wide

3 drawers are (just under) 5cm deep x 45.5 cm long x 19 cm wide

Cheers for that It will go into the back of the van nicely and free up some room in the office at home and keep herself happy

Collecting in galway Thursday looking forward to it already

Further proof i'm

A getting old
    B A sado !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Picked up the 4 drawer one today.

Not exactly top quality but you can't go wrong for 36 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭craggy2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

craggy2 wrote: »

Just be aware it's only 2000mAh which won't even charge most phones once these days.

Apart from that, handy to have for an emergency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭newcar2016

Just be aware it's only 2000mAh which won't even charge most phones once these days.

I've had a few of these portable chargers in the last few years and all ended up not working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'd be more concerned with the output, at 0.5A it will take forever to charge a device, and for some of the newer phones it would only provide enough power to keep it powered on, as opposed to actually charging the device, you really want an output of 2amp.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

you really want an output of 2amp.

I've an Auskey Emergency bank- its output is 5Amps per socket. However- flipside of the coin- is cost- the Halfords clearance- at a fiver- is good value- even if its just enough to power as opposed to charge the device. Its the sort of thing you could bring on a flight if you wanted to mess on your phone- etc

0.5A won't charge a lot of modern phones- its a bit silly suggesting it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Halfords Professional 3 Drawer Metal Portable Tool Chest was €53.99, now €26.99

http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/storage/tool-chests-cabinets/halfords-professional-3-drawer-metal-portable-tool-chest

QUEKK73.jpg?1

Picked 1 up today myself after spotting it on HUKD. Lovely piece of kit for the money.

All other chests are also 50% off.

Thank you so much! Reserved, and only €22.95 with the AXA card, score.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Thank you so much! Reserved, and only €22.95 with the AXA card, score.

Odd I only got 10% off yesterday...so 24.29

The last time I was in i was told that the discount was back up to 15%, so I'm expecting that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

The last time I was in i was told that the discount was back up to 15%, so I'm expecting that.

Picked up some stuff on Friday and was only 10% AXA discount.

They do increase it to 15% for a month or so at a time intermittently but it's not gone up to 15% AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

They have never allowed me the AXA discount on any already reduced items. Seeing as some stores do and some don't I think I'll get on to AXA.

EDIT: Query sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

eman66 wrote: »
    They have never allowed me the AXA discount on any already reduced items. Seeing as some stores do and some don't I think I'll get on to AXA.

Hate tha'. I can see it ending with ALL stores not to give it on discounted items :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Yeah thanks for snitching and ruining it for everyone. Disgrace.

123654789 wrote: »
    Hate tha'. I can see it ending with ALL stores not to give it on discounted items :mad:

Collected the 4 drawer tool chest at lunch.
    They refused my Axa card- advising they have been sent an e-mail from head office stating all reduced items are specifically excluded from use of an Axa card for a further discount. This is Halfords Liffey Valley.

Got some screenwash and wiper blades separately- current percentage off for the Axa card is 15%.

Ah bollix. Someone ratted.
    I'm due to pick up tomorrow after 1, I'll let you know how I get on

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Collected the 4 drawer tool chest at lunch.
    They refused my Axa card- advising they have been sent an e-mail from head office stating all reduced items are specifically excluded from use of an Axa card for a further discount. This is Halfords Liffey Valley.

Got some screenwash and wiper blades separately- current percentage off for the Axa card is 15%.

God damn it. For years I've gotten my Axa discount on everything there. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I got one of the children a bike on the recent 20% off - they had signs up saying no axa discounts for that offer. Some stores had been funny about giving it for web exclusive click and collects, but I haven't had an issue (up until the last month even).

If we send you our paypal details, will you honour the discount you robbed from us?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If we send you our paypal details, will you honour the discount you robbed from us?

Can we ban him from BA?

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Can we ban him from BA?

It wasnt me that emailed!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

ted1 wrote: »
    Can we ban him from BA?

+1 for banning him from BA was considering getting the 200 euro socket set with 30 euro off from axa but thats gone out the window
    (But maybe lets ban the right guy)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Thanks a million, narc!! :D

It wasn't me either. It was a pretty low thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

Give it a month id imagine the people working the tills will forget and continue discounting everything.

Whats the best way for someone non-trade to get a trade card? That might soften the blow of this bad news. I don't have AXA myself anyway, but I feel for those that do.

Whats the best way for someone non-trade to get a trade card? That might soften the blow of this bad news. I don't have AXA myself anyway, but I feel for those that do.

You'd have to be buying stuff in reasonable volumes to qualify for a trade card. I think they have different tiers of cards- my mechanic gets a flat 20% off all purchases (and even then- rarely uses it, as he says they're too expensive).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just picked up the 3 drawer tool box for 27 euro in limerick.
    Couldn't use my axa card for the extra 15% as they had been told via email as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

jaysus ....I feel bad now getting my boardman bike that was on sale without even having my card with me but simply mentioning it back in january ....... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Vego wrote: »
    jaysus ....I feel bad now getting my boardman bike that was on sale without even having my card with me but simply mentioning it back in january ....... :D

Just a few weeks back I was in Halfords. There was a guy buying a bike for his little daughter and the cashier was like "...and you have insurance with axa do you?" pretty much nudge nudge wink wink. So I'm sure they don't really care once they're making the sale :p

Advertisement