Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Reminds me of the time awhile back I went into Halfords with the card which was out of date, cashier asked if I would get the insurance disc, which was a little difficult given I was on a motorbike with helmet in hand! She had to give the discount.

Now whenever the Groupscheme at work has Halfords offer vouchers I print off a few and which are valid till year end!

Got the €14 gas stove, 8 cans gas and underseal last sun less 10%. No more faffing about with AXA cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

No problem using my card in Drogheda this evening. Although only the usual 10% discount rather than 15% like some.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

markc1184 wrote:
    No problem using my card in Drogheda this evening. Although only the usual 10% discount rather than 15% like some.

The problem is not with using the card but with using it on stuff that's already discounted.

Or did you use it on something discounted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The problem is not with using the card but with using it on stuff that's already discounted.

Or did you use it on something discounted?

A box of full price fuses and 2 discounted phone cables.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Vego wrote: »
    jaysus ....I feel bad now getting my boardman bike that was on sale without even having my card with me but simply mentioning it back in january ....... :D

You think thats bad, i managed to get a garmin 520 that was on sale for €229 which was still €50 cheaper than chainreaction and wiggle at the time and i was able to get a further 10% discount with my axa card, despite the manager saying that GPS units were not included in the axa discount. When i went through the checkout, the same manager scanned my card while he took a phonecall from a customer. He only realised what he had done when he gave me my change:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Fiskar wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time awhile back I went into Halfords with the card which was out of date, cashier asked if I would get the insurance disc

My card has only a start date, no expiry date on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

niallam wrote: »
    My card has only a start date, no expiry date on it?

Oh and nobody worry, I won't email them and eff it up for anyone that had an Axa policy once 10 years ago :) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

markc1184 wrote: »

I would keep quiet about that, the AXA Police are in this thread, they will be sending an email to head office ensuring that you do not gain anything.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I would keep quiet about that, the AXA Police are in this thread, they will be sending an email to head office ensuring that you do not gain anything.

I'd nearly send an email to quieten your nasty attitude down

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Anyone have success in using these or other voucher when buying the bike to work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I'd nearly send an email to quieten your nasty attitude down

Fire away. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Fire away. :rolleyes:

In fairness, I think the person who sent the email was fairly innocently asking why their discount was not applied, rather than 'snitching' on those who were lucky to get discount on sale items..

The reaction to this by some posters comes across as a bit schoolyard bully for my liking.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

UsedToWait wrote: »
    In fairness, I think the person who sent the email was fairly innocently asking why their discount was not applied, rather than 'snitching' on those who were lucky to get discount on sale items..

The reaction to this by some posters comes across as a bit schoolyard bully for my liking.

It may have been innocent- however, had they exercised a modicum of common sense, it would have been bloody obvious what the outcome was going to be........

On a related note- the various stores seem to be applying the 10 and 15% discounts inconsistently- aka on the same day got a 15% discount on screenwash and wiper blades in Liffey Valley- but was told the current discount is only 10% when I paid for halogen bulbs in Blanch........ Whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭Kat1170

It may have been innocent- however, had they exercised a modicum of common sense, it would have been bloody obvious what the outcome was going to be........

On a related note- the various stores seem to be applying the 10 and 15% discounts inconsistently- aka on the same day got a 15% discount on screenwash and wiper blades in Liffey Valley- but was told the current discount is only 10% when I paid for halogen bulbs in Blanch........ Whats the story?

E-mail them and find out .... :rolleyes::eek::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Give him a break lads, he made a mistake. Its not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

My point wasn't about their misjudgement, but about the vitriol that was thrown their way.

No need for it in my opinion, and I'd say they deserve an apology from certain posters for the invective they spewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Re the Axa discount, for September it is 15% instead of the now usual 10% but you need a voucher to get the extra 5%. Also says doesn't apply to Click + Collect and online use and other usual conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Nothing to loose sleep over we're all big boys and girls here I think. How does one get an AXA card got my insurance with Axa through Chill.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

UsedToWait wrote: »

I think the only fair thing to do is send that person our receipts and ask them to pay us the balance of the 10% :pac:

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Nothing to loose sleep over we're all big boys and girls here I think. How does one get an AXA card got my insurance with Axa through Chill.ie?

You only get a card if you go via Axa Direct. Chill.ie is an intermediary- so while your insurance my be underwritten by Axa- you're not actually a customer of theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

You only get a card if you go via Axa Direct. Chill.ie is an intermediary- so while your insurance my be underwritten by Axa- you're not actually a customer of theirs.

My parents have one through broker

peteb2 wrote: »
    My parents have one through broker

There is a difference between a broker and an intermediary.
    However- this isn't the right place to debate this.......

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

Got 20% discount in galway today with axa card.
    Dunno how , didnt query :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

There is a difference between a broker and an intermediary. However- this isn't the right place to debate this.......

OK but there isn't. Trust me. I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Can we get back to the Bargains lads and ladies..

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

After reading a lot about discount's but not seeing any Halford's bargains I thought I should try and get us back on track.
    Here is a bit of a bargain

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/cycling-technology/cycling-gps/garmin-edge-520-gps-cycle-computer-with-heart-rate-monitor-and-cadence-speed-sensor

and if you can get your AXA discount I think that might make it the cheapest available. :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Gps units are excluded fro Axa discount but like me, you might just get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

mad dave wrote: »
    After reading a lot about discount's but not seeing any Halford's bargains I thought I should try and get us back on track.
    Here is a bit of a bargain

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/cycling-technology/cycling-gps/garmin-edge-520-gps-cycle-computer-with-heart-rate-monitor-and-cadence-speed-sensor

and if you can get your AXA discount I think that might make it the cheapest available. :)
    FYI it's not a local store, granted, but I bought for £232 on Wiggle a couple of weeks ago. £242 discounted list price and £10 off if you register a new account. With Revolution FX rate that beats the above by quite a lot even when you add on Parcel Motel/Wizard. Worth keeping in mind as an option. Fantastic piece of kit by the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Bennybeau

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Good spot. You might have a shot at it slipping through if it's only a few orders! I can't see them honouring a few hundred!

Advertisement