If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Box list - Friday August 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Interested in 8, 22 and 35. 

Questions as I see some customer return comments. Can no 8 and 22 be connected direct to the TV ? and could I connect 22 and 35 to the same TV ? 

Cheers. 
    George,

The YHT2910 and the Opus in-ceiling speakers are gone unfortunately - the YAS203 is also gone but I now have another immaculate display Yamaha YAS203 Soundbar available ( its fully boxed with complete accessories):
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/yamaha/yas203/yama-yas203-blk

I can do the YAS203 at €229 delivered

The YAS203 can be connected direct to your TV via optical which comes supplied with the YAS203

Unfortunately as above the in-ceiling speakers are gone but I can do you a pair of brand new Monitor Audio Pro-IC65's at just €89.99 if you were interested.
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/pro-ic/pro-ic65

Apologies for the delay and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew 
    Cheers John; 2 sets of the speakers would work but can you give me some detail on what else I need to get it working. Each ceiling point has a cable back to behind the TV; do I need a receiver and a subwoofer ? if so, can I combine these with the YAS 203 ? I'd ideally want to be able to have these connected to the TV with the option of playing music off the phone also. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Interested in 8, 22 and 35. 

Questions as I see some customer return comments. Can no 8 and 22 be connected direct to the TV ? and could I connect 22 and 35 to the same TV ? 

Cheers. 
    George,

The YHT2910 and the Opus in-ceiling speakers are gone unfortunately - the YAS203 is also gone but I now have another immaculate display Yamaha YAS203 Soundbar available ( its fully boxed with complete accessories):
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/yamaha/yas203/yama-yas203-blk

I can do the YAS203 at €229 delivered

The YAS203 can be connected direct to your TV via optical which comes supplied with the YAS203

Unfortunately as above the in-ceiling speakers are gone but I can do you a pair of brand new Monitor Audio Pro-IC65's at just €89.99 if you were interested.
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/pro-ic/pro-ic65

Apologies for the delay and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew 
    Cheers John; 2 sets of the speakers would work but can you give me some detail on what else I need to get it working. Each ceiling point has a cable back to behind the TV; do I need a receiver and a subwoofer ? if so, can I combine these with the YAS 203 ? I'd ideally want to be able to have these connected to the TV with the option of playing music off the phone also. 
    HI CG.

Unfortunately you can not combine the YAS203 soundbar and the ceiling speakers.
    The YAS203 is designed to run as its own system with no connections for adding other speakers.

To run the inceiling speakers you would require an av receiver to connect the speakers to. You would also require a separate subwoofer which would also connect to the receiver.

Using an AV Receiver would give you more scope for connections and give a better sound quality over a soundbar.
    You could connect your phone and any other device to the receiver and have the music through the ceiling speakers.

It is really down to if you want a soundbar or a 5.1 setup and which would your needs better.

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let em know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Hi Sofiztikated, I believe this gone unfortunately but will check for you when we're back in in the morning

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Brian, just to confirm if this is gone?

Hi Sofiztikated, I believe this gone unfortunately but will check for you when we're back in in the morning

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Brian, just to confirm if this is gone?
    Hi Sofiztikated.

Just double checked and it is unfortunately gone :(

Sorry!

The YAS203 is designed to run as its own system with no connections for adding other speakers.

To run the inceiling speakers you would require an av receiver to connect the speakers to. You would also require a separate subwoofer which would also connect to the receiver.

Using an AV Receiver would give you more scope for connections and give a better sound quality over a soundbar.
    You could connect your phone and any other device to the receiver and have the music through the ceiling speakers.

It is really down to if you want a soundbar or a 5.1 setup and which would your needs better.

I'll need both; I have 2 rooms to get done. Re the speakers and a receiver, do you have a suitable 5.1 receiver with bluetooth that is compact and I'll ideally like to get this behind the TV and a wireless subwoofer ? 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

I'll need both; I have 2 rooms to get done. Re the speakers and a receiver, do you have a suitable 5.1 receiver with bluetooth that is compact and I'll ideally like to get this behind the TV and a wireless subwoofer ? 
    With regards to AV receivers, they are all generally a standard size to be honest. Marantz do the NR1506 which is a standard width but smaller in height to the norm - http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/marantz/nr1506/mara-nr1506-blk at £449
    The entry level amp you'd be looking at for bluetooth is the DEnon AVRX520- http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201463-avrx520bt.aspx?swapstore=1 at £199/€299

For a surround setup, you don't generally get wireless subs unfortunately, they tend to be part of a soundbar/sub package.

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cableguyz

Hi, do you still have the pioneer vsx329 ?

cheers

With regards to AV receivers, they are all generally a standard size to be honest. Marantz do the NR1506 which is a standard width but smaller in height to the norm - http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/marantz/nr1506/mara-nr1506-blk at £449
    The entry level amp you'd be looking at for bluetooth is the DEnon AVRX520- http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201463-avrx520bt.aspx?swapstore=1 at £199/€299

For a surround setup, you don't generally get wireless subs unfortunately, they tend to be part of a soundbar/sub package.

Regards
    Brian
    Hi Brian, I'll take that YAS203. If you can PM the details I'll be in contact. 

Are the speaker packages gone?
    Yamaha YHT1810 – AV Receiver with 5.1 speaker package
    Yamaha YHT2910 – AV Receiver with 5.1 speaker package

Hi Curious Geroge.

We do still have the 1810 pack left and ready to ship.

• Advertisement

Hi Curious Geroge.

We do still have the 1810 pack left and ready to ship.

cableguyz wrote: »
    Hi,  do you still have the pioneer vsx329 ?

cheers
    Hi Cableguyz.

Unfortunately the ex-display VSX329 has been sold.

We do have NEW stock which I could discount down to 205.00 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    It should retail at 224.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200613-vsx329.aspx

In stock and ready to roll.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Il take 
    11:
    Denon AVRX2100 – Smart Wifi AV Receiver, black

If its still available?

Goose81 wrote: »
    Il take 
    11:
    Denon AVRX2100 – Smart Wifi AV Receiver, black

If its still available?
    Hi Goose81.

Unfortunately this was snapped up some time ago.

Might there be another unit that would suit your needs?
    The New Denon AVRX520 priced at £199.95 / 299.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201463-avrx520bt.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Hi Goose81.

Thanks Kenny, was really looking for the wifi in it unfortunately. It's probably not much of an upgrade on my avr 2113.

Do you have any marantz open box or demo units or any pioneers? Only pioneers I saw listed in the thread seems to be base models . They would not need the wifi necessarily

the marantz sr5009 looks lovely but budget won't stretch that far

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Goose81 wrote: »
    Hi Goose81.

Thanks Kenny, was really looking for the wifi in it unfortunately. It's probably not much of an upgrade on my avr 2113.

Do you have any marantz open box or demo units or any pioneers? Only pioneers I saw listed in the thread seems to be base models . They would not need the wifi necessarily

the marantz sr5009 looks lovely but budget won't stretch that far
    How about a Brand new boxed AVRX3100 - that would be a serious upgrade over your 2113...

Tempted?

£329.95 / €469.99

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

hey guys. Any sound bar left at clearance prices? 

Idbatterim wrote: »
    hey guys. Any sound bar left at clearance prices? 
    Hi Idbatterim.

Only a few left:

27. Monitor Audio ASB2 priced at 599.00 Euro

28. Yamaha ATS930 priced at 99.99 Euro

You can also check the link below to our full range of soundbars and bases:
    http://www.richersounds.com/products/hi-fi-separates/speakers/soundbars-sound-base

If any are of interest let me know.

Any questions drop me a post.

Regards
    Brian
    Hi Guys, no PM yet for this. 

Regards
    Brian
    Hi Guys, no PM yet for this. 
    Apologies, I will PM you now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey guys I'm just wondering if you have either 66 or you left ? The 32 Panasonic or the 32 Sony.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm just wondering if you have either 66 or you left ? The 32 Panasonic or the 32 Sony.
    Emmet,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we are completely cleaned out on both of those lines - can we help you with anything else?

Keep us posted and we will do our best for you on pricing,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Emmet,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we are completely cleaned out on both of those lines - can we help you with anything else?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm interested in picking up a full HD TV to be used primarily for gaming so no need for Smart capabilities or freesview/saorview.

Ideally around 32" but could go a little bigger possibly 37". Not sure on budget yet but most likely under €400.

Emmet

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Emmet,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm interested in picking up a full HD TV to be used primarily for gaming so no need for Smart capabilities or freesview/saorview.

Ideally around 32" but could go a little bigger possibly 37". Not sure on budget yet but most likely under €400.

Emmet
    Hi Emmet,

There are a couple of models you could have a look at, and one thats slightly over budget :)

First, the Blaupunkt 32/234 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201512-32234i.aspx - at €289 its a great screen for the money

Next up the Samsung 32j5500 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201281-samsung-ue32j5500.aspx - at €379 - much better picture quality and refresh rate - good for gaming

if you can push budget a little, you could look at the sony kdl32w705 - at €429

Both the Samsung and the sony scome with a 6 year guarantee included, with the blaupunkt it can be added for an additional €28.90

Have a look at the above and let me know if you have any queries

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

hi folk,

is 11 still available and what does it include?

Regards, 

Patrick

tap28 wrote: »
    hi folk,

is 11 still available and what does it include?

Regards, 

Patrick
    Hi Tap28.

Unfortuneatley the AVRX2100 was snapped up some time ago.

At the moment the lowest price amp we have would be the Pioneer VSX329 priced at 224.99 Euro (inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200613-vsx329.aspx
    This product is BRAN D NEW.

We currently have no open box AV recievers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Would be interested in item 37 - Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 speaker system if still available. Any chance of a bundle deal with Denon X2200W or similar Sony AV amp? Need to upgrade (connectivity-wise) my Onkyo SR-785 purchased from you several years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Hi,

It needs to be at least 6.1.

How about no 10

fat-tony wrote: »
    Would be interested in item 37 - Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 speaker system if still available. Any chance of a bundle deal with Denon X2200W or similar Sony AV amp? Need to upgrade (connectivity-wise) my Onkyo SR-785 purchased from you several years ago.
    Hi Fat-Tony.

We do have the mass pack left.

I could offer the Mass 5.1 and the Denon X2200 for a bundle priced at £799.00. This is a fantastic price for an excellent setup.

Also as a bundle deal the Mass 5.1 along with the Onkyo TXNR646 at £879 or with the Sony STRDN1060 for £899.00

Let me know what yout think.

Any questions please ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

fat-tony wrote: »
    Hi Fat-Tony.

We do have the mass pack left.

I could offer the Mass 5.1 and the Denon X2200 for a bundle priced at £799.00. This is a fantastic price for an excellent setup.

Also as a bundle deal the Mass 5.1 along with the Onkyo TXNR646 at £879 or with the Sony STRDN1060 for £899.00

Let me know what yout think.

Any questions please ask.
    Having done a bit more research I think that there might be little improvement in the sound over my existing MA Bronze 5.1 system (I have B4 fronts). The weak point in my existing system is the ASW100 subwoofer and I thought maybe the Mass sub might make up for it. However, despite the age of my speaker models, I think they would be better overall than the Mass sats. So, long story short, I think I'll just upgrade my sub for the moment. Still going for an AV amp upgrade also and Denon/Sony/Onkyo are on my shortlist to replace my TX-SR875 (not 785!).

This discussion has been closed.