Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

iroced wrote: »
    ...not sure how nailed BJ is on...

Story of my life :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Story of my life :rolleyes:

Haha. What have you left in the bank? Mert close to a drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for feedback. Have put before and after below now. As you can see, injuries and non-starters a big problem.

Now, I'm probably (most likely!) not looking at the bigger picture, or looking at this logically, but is it not a case of any points missed on the blank GWs, I'll just make up on the DGW? I can see the benefit of captains choices and the chips alright for DGWs. But given the state of my current team, it's maybe 5/6 games I'd have to wait until playing WC, I fear I'd lose too much ground by then!

1zn5tsi.jpg

Just seeing your post now.

To keep your WC and avoid losing too much ground before using it and taking too many hits I think you could do:
    KDB -> Sanchez
    Lukaku -> Vardy
    Evans -> VVD
    this week. 8 pts hit max. But you'll be needing far more than an 8 pts hit to accomodate your team for GWs30-37 and take best advantage of DGW34.

Then you may get a Leicester def for Naughton (Simpson, Huth or Fuchs dependig how much you want to and/or can spend). Targett can stay for the time being. Until we know if Koeman will definitely move away from the 5 at the back formation.
    For GKs, I'd wait for the FA Cup quarters to be definite such that we know who's gonna blank GW30 and double GW34. We should know that before GW27 (hopefully no draws in the FA Cup 5th round).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Messing around with my wildcard this morning. I'm not playing it this week but any feed back on it be great.

Hennessy
    Forster

Cathcart
    Cedric
    Simpson
    Deleaney
    Dawson

Sanchez
    Mahrez
    Payet
    Alli
    Britton

Rooney
    Aguero
    Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Messing around with my wildcard this morning. I'm not playing it this week but any feed back on it be great.

Hennessy
    Forster

Cathcart
    Cedric
    Simpson
    Deleaney
    Dawson

Sanchez
    Mahrez
    Payet
    Alli
    Britton

Rooney
    Aguero
    Kane

Vardy has immense fixtures from gw 27 onwards and guaranteed to have no blanks. Could've had a couple today. I'd definitely get him in instead of Rooney. A Spurs defender would probably be smart, Palace can't keep a clean sheet and wouldn't be the biggest fan of having a Watford defender. :P Like the midfield and keepers. Kane and Aguero pick themselves. Not so sure about Payet longer term, WHU were crap today.

• Advertisement

Manone Gomes
    Kosc PVA Smalling Creswell ?
    Sanchez Payet Firmino Millner ?
    Lukaku Defoe Deeney/Ighalo

I thought I'd start up this thread again for us late WCers. I'm BBing in DGW37.
    This is still subject to change but getting down an outline of my thinking and a discussion going with fellow late WCers will benefit us all hopefully and avoid clogging up the transfer thread.
    So I've 2 Arsenal SGWers only in the 15. Lukaku and the Liverpool assets are the obvious concerns. My strategy is flexible I hope in that I'm not averse to a hit next week if Carrol or Rashford (say) become viable etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

I'm no late WCer but first thing I'd ask you is are you not afraid of going almost all in for it after what we've experienced in GW34?

Maybe consider some Chelsea players? problem is it's not that easy to pick them this week. With such a frontline, you probably can afford Hazard anyway. He may be interesting. As for your 5th def... maybe a Liverpool def if they get thrashed on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ElTel wrote: »
    Manone Gomes
    Kosc PVA Smalling Creswell ?
    Sanchez Payet Firmino Millner ?
    Lukaku Defoe Deeney/Ighalo

I thought I'd start up this thread again for us late WCers. I'm BBing in DGW37.
    This is still subject to change but getting down an outline of my thinking and a discussion going with fellow late WCers will benefit us all hopefully and avoid clogging up the transfer thread.
    So I've 2 Arsenal SGWers only in the 15. Lukaku and the Liverpool assets are the obvious concerns. My strategy is flexible I hope in that I'm not averse to a hit next week if Carrol or Rashford (say) become viable etc.

I'd get ddg for gomes. Barkley or townsend as the 5th mid. Probably Reid as the 5th defender. I wouldn't get 2 Liverpool mids if they get a decent result on Thursday. I'd nearly be chancing ibe or ojo if they do.

Neoulous wrote: »
    I'm no late WCer but first thing I'd ask you is are you not afraid of going almost all in for it after what we've experienced in GW34?

Maybe consider some Chelsea players? problem is it's not that easy to pick them this week. With such a frontline, you probably can afford Hazard anyway. He may be interesting. As for your 5th def... maybe a Liverpool def if they get thrashed on Thursday?

True enough. Lots of concerns but money, with this forward line is not one of them. Ivanovic (if Terry is back) and Willian Pedro etc are on my radar but only after the Spurs game. Liverpool/City will be watched closely.
    Currently in top 200 and "safe" in MLs so going all out to top Ireland league.
    First year playing it using Boards and the price changes sites and could well play this game for another 10 years and never be in with a better chance to have a crack at real glory so sticking to the original plan and going for mostly DGWers but looking for those who are nailed on, and still playing for something is paramount after the rotation seen by you DGW34ers.

I'd get ddg for gomes. Barkley or townsend as the 5th mid. Probably Reid as the 5th defender. I wouldn't get 2 Liverpool mids if they get a decent result on Thursday. I'd nearly be chancing ibe or ojo if they do.

Cheers for the feedback.The thinking behind Gomes over DDG is that they could face a Liverpool squad team in the DGW before Norwich and United play my WH assets that week (Smalling there already). Townsend has the fixtures next 2 all right and I like the idea of the Liverpool lads you suggested. I don't want to commit to 3 WH yet so Creswell and Payet it is or perhaps Payet Lanzini and Creswell if I ditch a Liverpool player. So much to decide on yet and am quite nervous. I can see myself up 'till all hours Friday night checking for likely Liverpool line up even though they don't play until Sunday.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Remember, no early K0 on saturday, we"ll have till 2 o clock to **** up our teams:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Remember, no early K0 on saturday, we"ll have till 2 o clock to **** up our teams:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That is actually a bit of a godsend, we should have a reasonble idea of what starting lineups will be prior to 2, the early kick offs are a serious disadvantage at times. Especially last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

siblers wrote: »
    That is actually a bit of a godsend, we should have a reasonble idea of what starting lineups will be prior to 2, the early kick offs are a serious disadvantage at times. Especially last week.

How do you forsee knowing the starting lineups?

I didn't phrase that correctly. News broke of Pelle not starting at around quarter past 2, past the deadline I know but at least there's a closer possibilty of people finding out if players are dropped or haven't travelled at a 2pm deadline opposed to 11:45.

I didn't phrase that correctly. News broke of Pelle not starting at around quarter past 2, past the deadline I know but at least there's a closer possibilty of people finding out if players are dropped or haven't travelled at a 2pm deadline opposed to 11:45.

Is there a good source for this kind of info on match day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think that news actually "broke" at 2:01 when the official Southampton team sheet was published! :D

I know what you mean but have rarely found this to be the case. It would have helped with Sahko last week I suppose, but usually nothing if consequence is known before 2pm for the 3 o clock KOs.

Rumours about KDB and Ozil being rested/injured proved to be true earlier this year but were floating around twitter from the previous evening. But more often than not thise twitter rumours are BS.

FHFC wrote: »
    I think that news actually "broke" at 2:01 when the official Southampton team sheet was published! :D

I know what you mean but have rarely found this to be the case. It would have helped with Sahko last week I suppose, but usually nothing if consequence is known before 2pm for the 3 o clock KOs.

Rumours about KDB and Ozil being rested/injured proved to be true earlier this year but were floating around twitter from the previous evening. But more often than not thise twitter rumours are BS.

This is true, most predicted team sheets usually come the night before but I guess it's just handy to have the extra time in case something does come to light, I suppose it's half the "fun" trying to predict what nonsense LVG will do next with his rotation :(
    Is there a good source for this kind of info on match day ?
    Posters in the match thread often link to Twitter accounts or certain sites that give potential team news, injuries etc, I don't really know the sites off the top of my head, if I'm bored, sometimes I'll look through fan forums to see if there is any news but I usually find feic all.

What's the reason behind announcing teams 1 hour before kick off?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

stephenl15 wrote: »
    What's the reason behind announcing teams 1 hour before kick off?

That's the Premier League rules I think. The reasoning why both teams would need to do it at the same time is to stop one team gaining an advantage by seeing the other teams lineup before naming theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sometimes a team will post their lineup a minute early (not very often) or an insider like Mark Ritson for Palace will know the team 5 mins early, but you're playing a risky game leaving a transfer that late in case the game updates before you confirm the move

• Advertisement

Stupid rule. And you'd think those teams would be way more prone to leaking. They literally never do

Who would you choose from the Norwich defense? I'm considering Russell Martin. (Mr P. might agree!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Who would you choose from the Norwich defense? I'm considering Russell Martin. (Mr P. might agree!)

With Timm Klose's knee in a bad way I'd nearly be inclined to keep away altogether. Although Martin is a good shout, back from injury and Wisdom has gone back to Liverpool I think.

Martin may not play this weekend though as he's just back, but I doubt you'd need him this weekend on the WC. Olsson is in theory a safer route but Neil could easily deploy Brady if he took a notion.

I've long since given up trying to guess their team this season though. At every turn I got it wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ryan Bennett

Latest.....

Gomes ( Manone)
    Kosc Cresswell PVA/kirkoff/Kone (Smalling Bennett)
    Payet Sanchez (c) Firmino Juarado (Mahrez)
    Lukaku Defoe Deeney

Need an inspired replacement for my last GW1 player Riyad. Will sleep on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Latest.....

Gomes ( Manone)
    Lukaku Defoe Deeney

Kosc and Sanchez don't have a DGW.. so you have 3 GW1s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Kosc and Sanchez don't have a DGW.. so you have 3 GW1s

Think he ment the only player he's had since game week 1

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Settled on this (BB in 37)

80p0oR8.png?2

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don't bench Aguero. The gains of it going the way you want would be small, the damage that could be done is huge.

• Advertisement

Latest.....

Gomes ( Manone)
    Lukaku Defoe Deeney

Not sure how inspired it is but Willian in for Mahrez is the last move and stuck with PVA. 11m itb should help if a hit or 2 is needed next week!

Advertisement