Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Thread

Options
  • 11-08-2015 7:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

Since anyone could wildcard at any game week I think a wildcard thread is warrented

I have wildcarded this week, could use some tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Don't open another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Since anyone could wildcard at any game week I think a wildcard thread is warrented

I have wildcarded this week, could use some tips?

Why would you WC after 1 week? A total waste, knee jerk reaction bearing in mind none of the big players did well. Have you absolutely no faith in your team?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

ill do what I like

Why would you WC after 1 week? A total waste, knee jerk reaction bearing in mind none of the big players did well. Have you absolutely no faith in your team?

I was on the beer

I was on the beer

It's the only somewhat reasonable answer I can think of..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Unless you totally butchered your team and made a lot of fundamental errors then wildcarding after one week is madness! If you had those mistakes make sure to remember for next year so the same mistakes aren't made!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

5ce61dbd8ceb914ed7d81d34b36ab74a896b8ede1edd255fc20640ba806c462c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

In fairness, last years (or maybe it was the year before) winner wildcarded in week 2. Definitely not something I'm considering just yet though. Helps that all my players started with only Walcott coming on as a sub.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    In fairness, last years (or maybe it was the year before) winner wildcarded in week 2. Definitely not something I'm considering just yet though. Helps that all my players started with only Walcott coming on as a sub.

Think that was spidermatt (something like that anyway!) and that was his plan pre-season whereas most people looking at using a WC now had no intention of doing that on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dahat wrote: »
    Don't open another thread.
    ill do what I like

230?cb=20100525201711

• Advertisement

my WC team, would appreciate some advice

Schmeichel

Darmien
    Gomez
    Targett
    Francis
    Oxford

Sanchez
    Silva
    Payet
    Mane
    Cabaye

Aguero
    Pelle
    Graham

Schmeichel

Darmien
    Gomez
    Targett
    Francis
    Oxford

Sanchez
    Silva
    Payet
    Mane
    Cabaye

Aguero
    Pelle
    Graham

Not one Chelsea player is the obvious head scratcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Schmeichel

Darmien
    Gomez
    Targett
    Francis
    Oxford

Sanchez
    Silva
    Payet
    Mane
    Cabaye

Aguero
    Pelle
    Graham

Never ever put Danny graham anywhere near a fantasy football team. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Schmeichel

Darmien
    Gomez
    Targett
    Francis
    Oxford

Sanchez
    Silva
    Payet
    Mane
    Cabaye

Aguero
    Pelle
    Graham

3 of your 5 defenders might not start this week, never mind going forward.
    No Chelsea is an issue as Kronsington mentioned.
    You may as well play yourself as Danny Graham
    You are missing a goalkeeper.

Schmeichel

Darmien
    Gomez
    Targett
    Francis
    Oxford

Sanchez
    Silva
    Payet
    Mane
    Cabaye

Aguero
    Pelle
    Graham

Your team is like your name tbf :( Gomez Targett Graham and Oxford need to go. Who's your 2nd keeper. Midfield is unnecessarily expensive

Schmeichel

Darmien
    Gomez
    Targett
    Francis
    Oxford

Sanchez
    Silva
    Payet
    Mane
    Cabaye

Aguero
    Pelle
    Graham

If I was using mine this week I would probably only have 5 of those in the team. Silva is WAY WAY too expensive to have as a player you aren't going to captain and that defence may have been fine this week but you'll soon run out of players imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

stephenl15 wrote: »

Schmeichel

Darmien
    Gomez
    Targett
    Francis
    Oxford

Sanchez
    Silva
    Payet
    Mane
    Cabaye

Aguero
    Pelle
    Graham
    Your team is like your name tbf :( Gomez Targett Graham and Oxford need to go. Who's your 2nd keeper. Midfield is unnecessarily expensive
    Depends which tactical formation he plans to use.

3-5-2 can work fine. But I would not get Graham as the cheap 8th attacking bench fodder player. Main problem with the 3-5-2 is you lose £0.5m over the 3-4-3 (there's no guarantedd £4.5m forwards while there 's a couple of midfielders getting regular 90 min for that price (e.g. Wanyama, Westwood, Whelan...). For £5.0m Koné, Fletcher, Ighalo, Agbonlahor (actually the 4 forwards leading the £5.0m range) look like much better options.

What's the plan in defense? Yon only have 1 premium. So a 4-way rotation between the other 4? Apparently Gomez' position is not nailed. Targett will move to the bench once Bertrand's back. Is Francis nailed? Have no knowledge of Bournemouth but for the same price you could have proven def from proven FPL sides (e.g. Villa, Newcastle, even Palace & Leicester who did well at times last year). Finally Oxford. Is he really gonna play much? FPL have 11 registered def for Villa. I'd be worried for Oxford gametime. That said he's the only £4.0m def whio played 90 min IIRC so could be a good 5th def for the moment. He'll rise so you even may make some cash profit out of him. But you a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y need to have regular starters around him.

Then Mané & Pellé is Southampton overkill in my opinion. And not sure Mané's worth £8.0m. Like jimmii said, Silva's expensive but I don't fully agree with him. Right you may not captain him often but you have Aguero for that. And when Hazard will kick on it's a "small" upgrade. You could also leave a bit in the bank for that matter.

Finally who's the second keeper? And what's the plan? Rotate? A one-side pair?

This is what I have so far, would appreciate some tweaks if need be

Schmeichel
    McCarthy

Darmien
    Cedric
    Gomez
    Oxford
    Francis

Payet
    Sanchez
    Silva
    Mane
    Mahrez

Pelle
    Rooney
    Gomis

Schmeicel,oxford,Mahrez and francis benched this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

This is what I have so far, would appreciate some tweaks if need be

Schmeichel
    McCarthy

Darmien
    Cedric
    Gomez
    Oxford
    Francis

Payet
    Sanchez
    Silva
    Mane
    Mahrez

Pelle
    Rooney
    Gomis

Schmeicel,oxford,Mahrez and francis benched this week

Madness to bench Mahrez imo. The lad is in top form taking preseason into consideration too. With that setup i'd be tempted to play all out attack.

I think you need a filler in midfield, no way you could justify benching a striker meaning one of that top midfield needs to be on the bench every week. 5.5m is too much to spend on a sub midfielder.

You should also leave the funds to bring aguero in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

This is a great read for people completely against playing early wildcard. This guy won fpl outright 3 years ago. I am a believer in the early wildcard and agree with almost everything he said, i'm kind of sorry i didnt do it this week but will be pulling the triger very soon!!

https://matthewmartyniak.wordpress.com/2015/08/14/its-wildcard-time-already/

• Advertisement

AdpRo wrote: »
    This is a great read for people completely against playing early wildcard. This guy won fpl outright 3 years ago. I am a believer in the early wildcard and agree with almost everything he said, i'm kind of sorry i didnt do it this week but will be pulling the triger very soon!!

https://matthewmartyniak.wordpress.com/2015/08/14/its-wildcard-time-already/

Doesn't convince me to play it just yet :) I always know when it feels right and it doesn't right now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

So many players going to rise 0.2 this week.
    Gonna be a lot of highly owned players dropping.
    WC's seem to be counting for price changes.

It's turning into a non brainer for me to use it. Would expect to make 0.6 profit. Gonna have to do it today to avail of the first few 0.1s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I'm thinking the same. Already have most of my potential team filled out. Will obviously think about it a lot more. The fact that I have nothing to do at all tonight and am on Holidays for the next two weekends means it's probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hi everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hi everybody

Hi Dr Nick :)

I'm thinking the same. Already have most of my potential team filled out. Will obviously think about it a lot more. The fact that I have nothing to do at all tonight and am on Holidays for the next two weekends means it's probably for the best.

Just fill your team with price risers for the time being. Make your money and then settle on your team next Fri/Sat.

PARlance wrote: »
    Just fill your team with price risers for the time being. Make your money and then settle on your team next Fri/Sat.

If I confirm transfers, can I go back and change them all again later on in the week without a fee? Does the wildcard stay in play for the whole week? Sorry I haven't played this last year and my memory is faded.

If I confirm transfers, can I go back and change them all again later on in the week without a fee? Does the wildcard stay in play for the whole week? Sorry I haven't played this last year and my memory is faded.

Yip you've unlimited transfers for the week once it's activated.

PARlance wrote: »
    Yip you've unlimited transfers for the week once it's activated.

Thanks, that helps a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So folks almost certain to WC, need to know the risers tonight to try catch them in case of 0.2 rises

Advertisement