Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Have many of you played GTA4? http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Fabien_LaRouche is what sprang to mind the first time I saw Ido.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Whosthis wrote: »
    Have many of you played GTA4? http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Fabien_LaRouche is what sprang to mind the first time I saw Ido.

GTA V!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think people are making way too big a deal about the Ido/Movement stuff.
    This is the stuff he does in between fight training. It's his warm up, his yoga routine etc. Then he goes and trains striking or grappling. Then later he prob does some mobility and stability work, and goes and trains sparring.
    Just because its not fight training doesn't mean its important.

Have a guess at how many hours Conor has put in over the last 8 weeks, it's a bit number I'd bet. Now think how many minutes of his training we've actually seen? Probably a 1/10 of 1% of the total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Mellor wrote: »
    I think people are making way too big a deal about the Ido/Movement stuff.
    This is the stuff he does in between fight training. It's his warm up, his yoga routine etc. Then he goes and trains striking or grappling. Then later he prob does some mobility and stability work, and goes and trains sparring.
    Just because its not fight training doesn't mean its important.

Have a guess at how many hours Conor has put in over the last 8 weeks, it's a bit number I'd bet. Now think how many minutes of his training we've actually seen? Probably a 1/10 of 1% of the total.

You are spot on here, heavy duty hell for leather sparring for a prolonged period is no good. Leave the "going hell for leather" for the octagon.

Sergio Martinez the boxer had a similar training strategy, minimal sparring, he would never peak in the gym, you don't want to peak in the gym. His best performance would be in the ring.

The only concern is a known charlatan like Ido having any influence whatsoever (no matter how small) in Conor's preparation. And the guy is a charlatan make no mistake about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I wonder how much this Ido chap charges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Idas help with conors movement, I assume conor is combining what he is practicing with into his fighting. Although I think after a few of aldos kick to the thigh conor won't be long forgetting what he's learnt.

My prediction: a few lethal leg kicks leading to a thai clinch knee after knee before sweeping him to the ground gnp till he sees opening for sub. Which is aldos bread and butter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

dave1982 wrote: »
    Idas help with conors movement, I assume conor is combining what he is practicing with into his fighting. Although I think after a few of aldos kick to the thigh conor won't be long forgetting what he's learnt.

My prediction: a few lethal leg kicks leading to a thai clinch knee after knee before sweeping him to the ground gnp till he sees opening for sub. Which is aldos bread and butter

when has he last subbed someone? Is it not like 10 years ago? Hardly his bread and butter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

price690 wrote: »

The only concern is a known charlatan like Ido having any influence whatsoever (no matter how small) in Conor's preparation. And the guy is a charlatan make no mistake about it.

You can't make an accusation like that and then not explain what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

anyone tell me what the plan would be to deal with aldos leg kicks? i've never seen anything like them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cloudatlas wrote: »
    You can't make an accusation like that and then not explain what you mean.
    he's saying he's like an MMA Rasputin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

bur wrote: »
    Just like McG, he's a "great talker".

poor mans max holloway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

After the kick lands...
    Conor - You alright?
    Owen - Yeah - Just about!
    Conor - Ha ha!
    Owen - Go again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

All this talk about Ido but no one points out that Weidman's "nutritionist" is an "acupuncture physician". If you wanna talk psuedo bull****...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Barrel wrote: »

After the kick lands...
    Conor - You alright?
    Owen - Yeah - Just about!
    Conor - Ha ha!
    Owen - Go again!!!

Obliterates?:rolleyes:

Knocked him to one side. The internet loves hyperbole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Some absolute filth on the flight over. Caused havoc on the plane. I think I understand your definition of bandwagoner now.

Still, delighted to be here now! I spotted Big John McCarthy already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Saipanne wrote: »

Have a great time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Some absolute filth on the flight over. Caused havoc on the plane. I think I understand your definition of bandwagoner now.

Henry McKean from the Sean Moncrieff show interviewed some dodgy types over in Vegas yesterday.

HMcK: so how did you afford this trip to Vegas so close coming up to Xmas?
    Lad: ah ya know the Credit Union is your only man!

Imelda May has a lot to answer for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Henry McKean from the Sean Moncrieff show interviewed some dodgy types over in Vegas yesterday.

HMcK: so how did you afford this trip to Vegas so close coming up to Xmas?
    Lad: ah ya know the Credit Union is your only man!

Imelda May has a lot to answer for.

Hmm, "credit union"... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

This is brief but better than most interviews:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

For anyone over in Vegas who attended the UFC in the cosmopolitan tonight, could anyone tell me what the GA standing area was like? Got GA tickets for tomorrow but I think it could end up being a disaster. To be totally honest the vibe from the Irish crowd over here isn't great in my opinion. Lots of pissed up d*ckhead obnoxious dubs who think they're conor mcgregor

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Here is part 3 of my series exploring Aldo's past fights. It's very difficult to write in Vegas...

A brief history of Aldo part 3: Aldo VS Edgar http://talkingbrawlsmma.com/a-brief-history-of-aldo-part-3-frankie-edgar/

bur wrote: »
    Irish fans showing up to Aldo's workout to boo him. What an embarrassment.

Yeah I could hear that in the video alright, they were shouting abuse at him too. But that's to be expected from yobos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Interesting perspective on Aldos twitching right hand at presser.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Interesting perspective on Aldos twitching right hand at presser.

As long as his legs weren't twitching he'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Was the same for the Boston fight..some of them are nothing other than scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

apologies if posted already but where could one find a link or get a look at Aldo's open work out?

edit: It's alright just spotted it was already posted on the last page!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

dulux99 wrote: »
    For anyone over in Vegas who attended the UFC in the cosmopolitan tonight, could anyone tell me what the GA standing area was like? Got GA tickets for tomorrow but I think it could end up being a disaster. To be totally honest the vibe from the Irish crowd over here isn't great in my opinion. Lots of pissed up d*ckhead obnoxious dubs who think they're conor mcgregor

I hate to hear that. People have this idea that Vegas is some lawless place and you can act like a toerag. I've been there a lot. People have fun. Some get absolutely polluted but I've rarely seen people really acting the maggot or groups acting the maggot.

It can only hurt our reputation. Which is sad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement