Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

So you think its less the show man McGregor and more the human McGregor, thank you.

I can't decide myself whether it is still just him trying to unsettle Aldo, who he may think would still be expecting the brash, loud mouthed McGregor or genuine, hopefully it was.

I know there is respect there regardless of what he says but it would be nice to see him show it before the final bell for a change :)

Or he could actually be nervous underneath and it was a slip of the mask:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anything live from vegas tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭xtal191

And in case you need even more hype and buildup…
    Joe Rogan is broadcasting his podcast live starting soonish with Brendan Schaub guesting: doing a preview of the weekend's fights.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/powerfuljre/live

xtal191 wrote: »

Ida there again.

Getting a bit much now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

I'm actually on ufc sensory overload right now.... Totally freaking out at how amazing all this is. TUF weigh ins live!!!!

Also, can't believe Hall beat Saul!!? Haven't seen it yet!!!

Just saw "After the conclusion of the season, it is revealed that Rogers has been removed from the tournament finale due to a legal issue. The UFC selected Team Faber’s Ryan Hall as a replacement to face Lobov in the finals.".....

What happened there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

OmegaRed wrote: »
    I'm actually on ufc sensory overload right now.... Totally freaking out at how amazing all this is. TUF weigh ins live!!!!

Also, can't believe Hall beat Saul!!? Haven't seen it yet!!!

Yeah it definitely sounds like you have a bit of catching up to do on tuf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just saw "After the conclusion of the season, it is revealed that Rogers has been removed from the tournament finale due to a legal issue. The UFC selected Team Faber’s Ryan Hall as a replacement to face Lobov in the finals.".....

What happened there?

He lied on his visa application so it wasn't granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What happened there?

They go into it further in the episode
    lied on visa application so can't get back in the country.

• Advertisement

How did Chris Gritz get on the card?

Stupid working late has thrown my catch up plan right out the window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What happened there?

I read that he lied on his visa application and was caught out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Irish fans showing up to Aldo's workout to boo him. What an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

So Fecking excited lads! :D

So Fecking excited lads! :D

Right there with ya Buddy!!! Wooooohoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Ida there again.

Getting a bit much now.

Something about him really irks me. Him being there at the poster signings and all.

D.Q wrote: »
    Something about him really irks me. Him being there at the poster signings and all.

What's he playing at and why are they allowing him so much influence?

Ha me too. He's so creepy just seems to be there all the time…
    I'm hoping that it's all just a piece of pre-fight theatre :D
    If Conor wins we're gonna see Ido impersonators everywhere for at least next 5 UFCs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

x80FlyW.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Ha me too. He's so creepy just seems to be there all the time…
    I'm hoping that it's all just a piece of pre-fight theatre :D
    If Conor wins we're gonna see Ido impersonators everywhere for at least next 5 UFCs :eek:

I know he's not really a problem and I'm sure John Kavanagh and mcgregor have slightly more knowledge on how to prepare for a world title fight than I do... Buuuut at the same time, all those embedded videos with the dancing on the beach and all kind of got the alarm bells ringing

• Advertisement

I know he's not really a problem and I'm sure John Kavanagh and mcgregor have slightly more knowledge on how to prepare for a world title fight than I do... Buuuut at the same time, all those embedded videos with the dancing on the beach and all kind of got the alarm bells ringing

Agreed.

No need to change style or anything. He just needs to stick to what he does best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

i'd love to know what John Kavanagh thinks of it all, i'd say hes not one bit impressed but he also knows what side of his bread is buttered.

He will be ridiculed no doubt whatsover, should he lose. Purely for all the dancing around with Ido, and crawling around the octagon and spouting about human movement.

I think alot of that preparation is helping him mentally rather than doing anything to give him a physical edge. That kinda sh*te doesn't make the difference in elite MMA. Of course theres no harm if it gives him confidence he needs to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ido is going to be cornering him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lukker- wrote: »

What the actual **** can he offer in a fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

The overreation to Ido is hilarious. He's just there for stretching and loosening up. It's ridiculous to think he's part of the actual fight preparation beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Jesus, it was clearly a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

He can advise him to be more flowy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lukker- wrote: »

for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I heard Ido will actually be fighting instead of Conor, it's going to be some scrap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

moneyman wrote: »
    The overreation to Ido is hilarious. He's just there for stretching and loosening up. It's ridiculous to think he's part of the actual fight preparation beyond that.

Yeah exactly, was brought in to help with mobility and conors obsession with movement and it just looks like they've struck up a bit of a friendship

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement