Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Saipanne wrote: »
    No, no. Hotel was about 500 too. Tickets, flights, hotel cost me approx 1700 :(

Managed to get flight, hotel and ticket for €1,130 altogether, wish I was able to spend more on the hotel and ticket, but I'm fairly happy with it all the same.

Hope you got a very good ticket if you spent that amount!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Devastator wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean. Through Dublin seems like 1 stopover in likes of JFK from what I've seen but Belfast option looks bit like, Belfast>London>JFK>Vegas

I don't think I'll go hand luggage only as all the hotels seem to have swimming pools so I need to pack plenty of speedo's :D j/k but does anyone know if Vegas has a big outlet shopping centres that are cheap?

I hate to disappoint you, but unless you want to catch a cold, you wont be in any swimming pools in vegas in December :-) or of course unless they are heated pools.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

My Flight/Hotel was €715 (4 nights in Luxor), Fight ticket €272 so €987 altogether. Fairly happy with that I think, now just to not go nuts on spending money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

As a matter of interest to anyone who went to the last one, was there tickets being sold at the event? Not the ticket office, but by people around the venue? *if* you didn't get tickets im just wondering what the chances are of getting tickets when you get there? Im not going myself, but I've to try get my brother two tickets later/in the morning, and I'm just wondering if I don't get any for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

martyos121 wrote: »
    Managed to get flight, hotel and ticket for €1,130 altogether, wish I was able to spend more on the hotel and ticket, but I'm fairly happy with it all the same.

Hope you got a very good ticket if you spent that amount!

Not really. Section 109? It was five hours of trying at that stage, I was desperate. I paid way too much though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Come fight night and when you walk into the arena I really don't think anyone will be worried where their seats are.
    Place will be electric and there isn't a bad seat in the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

mel123 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest to anyone who went to the last one, was there tickets being sold at the event? Not the ticket office, but by people around the venue? *if* you didn't get tickets im just wondering what the chances are of getting tickets when you get there? Im not going myself, but I've to try get my brother two tickets later/in the morning, and I'm just wondering if I don't get any for him.

I know there was a good few available over there for 189 . Not sure if it will be like that this time . I hope it is cos i havent been able to get a ticket yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

have i a decent chance of geting tics tomm for the general sale?

zweton wrote: »
    have i a decent chance of geting tics tomm for the general sale?

Be tough, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'm flying Dublin-London-Vegas, 10th to 14th. Arrive 6pm on the 10th. I was originally going to book Dublin through NY or Philadelhphia so as I could do the pre clearance here, but then I got paranoid about there being snow in either of those places at that time of year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

mel123 wrote: »

Loads, I sold 2 spare $530 tickets for 189 outside to 2 lads from Tyrone, could've got cost price but in such a rush to get rid I ended up hustling myself out of it & took 900 lol.....was more than happy with that though

That in saying not everyone was as sound as me & there was loadsa heads looking to make a few quid

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Loads, I sold 2 spare $530 tickets for 189 outside to 2 lads from Tyrone, could've got cost price but in such a rush to get rid I ended up hustling myself out of it & took 900 lol.....was more than happy with that though

That in saying not everyone was as sound as me & there was loadsa heads looking to make a few quid

Fair play to ya, very rare you'd see tickets sold below face value, even when trying to get rid of them.

Ye should see some of the touting going on over on the Fight Club forum, reading last night that one fella bought 6 tickets to sell at a 70% markup.

There's some serious cnuts out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

My seat yaaay :)

Ill probably never be in Vegas again, nor at an event of this stature !! so went balls in :) ...told the missus I got $175 ticket :) tis bad enough Im going to Vegas leaving her at home for 4 days with 2 small kids !! If the truth were known, she'd cut my balls off

27yux7b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I'm flying Dublin-London-Vegas, 10th to 14th. Arrive 6pm on the 10th. I was originally going to book Dublin through NY or Philadelhphia so as I could do the pre clearance here, but then I got paranoid about there being snow in either of those places at that time of year!
    no need to be its not like ireland where we shut down for the smallest amount.

Stuxnet wrote: »
    My seat yaaay :)

Ill probably never be in Vegas again, nor at an event of this stature !! so went balls in :) ...told the missus I got $175 ticket :) tis bad enough Im going to Vegas leaving her at home for 4 days with 2 small kids !! If the truth were known, she'd cut my balls off

27yux7b.png

How'd you make that?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Not a sausage..

It's like there aren't even any tkts for sale in these presales unless you put in for a single, very odd

It's like there aren't even any tkts for sale in these presales unless you put in for a single, very odd

I think it tries to group you all together, so maybe there aren't the blocks available.

If you don't mind paying over the odds then try the 'platinum' option.

Im buying for a mate, no hope of platinum angle....Ive tried groups of 4, 2 & 1 at every price point under $600 ones and getting nothing except for when I search for 1 single

Prob holding back & letting panic buyers fork out for platinum ones.
    Was the same for 189, mad panic & no tickets coming up, map went live a few hours later with loads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Im buying for a mate, no hope of platinum angle....Ive tried groups of 4, 2 & 1 at every price point under $600 ones and getting nothing except for when I search for 1 single

Prob holding back & letting panic buyers fork out for platinum ones.
    Was the same for 189, mad panic & no tickets coming up, map went live a few hours later with loads

Yesterday the prices after the map went up were a couple of hundred dollars higher than taking what ticketmaster gave you earlier. Pretty much every seat left was platinum.

This is a whole different ball game than 189.

• Advertisement

Obv restructuring the pricing based on demand, slick operation.....literally nothing coming up here in results though, only platinum tickets if you choose them

Have 3 diff passwords here & nothing from any of them

what time do they go on sale to general public tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

martyos121 wrote: »
    Fair play to ya, very rare you'd see tickets sold below face value, even when trying to get rid of them.

Ye should see some of the touting going on over on the Fight Club forum, reading last night that one fella bought 6 tickets to sell at a 70% markup.

There's some serious cnuts out there.

Is there no way of stopping this **** ? Those resale sites costs a fortune.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Is there no way of stopping this **** ? Those resale sites costs a fortune.

As long as transferable tickets exist, touts will exist.

Only way to stop them is to completely abolish the ability to resell tickets by linking the ticket to your name and ID.

It's disgusting, but it's not going anywhere unfortunately. I wasn't overly impressed paying face value of $302 for a seat one row from the back of the arena at first, but judging by how hard tickets have been to get, I'm beyond grateful, but I really feel for anyone who missed out.

Hope everyone gets sorted one way or another, and won't have to deal with slimy fcuking touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Yesterday the prices after the map went up were a couple of hundred dollars higher than taking what ticketmaster gave you earlier. Pretty much every seat left was platinum.

This is a whole different ball game than 189.
    I'm so grateful now for my 2 x €300 tix now. Can you explain how this differs from the 189 sale. I'm curious. 194 just seems outrageous especially considering tickets aren't on general sale yet. Surely they held back some €300s for the general sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Razzledazzle76

3 pals and I tried unsuccessfully all evening last night to get 4 tickets. Couldn't justify the premium tickets. Unfortunately, we have already booked flights and accomadation. We thought we had all the angles covered by joining fight club. Congrats to all who managed to get tickets. We will try our best tomorrow in the general sale, but I am not confident after last nights debacle. Still going to go anyway! Vegas is awesome. Just love it.... Now just need those tickets......

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Got a $300 ticket and booked flights today - staying in MGM for 8 days, should be great !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm so grateful now for my 2 x €300 tix now. Can you explain how this differs from the 189 sale. I'm curious. 194 just seems outrageous especially considering tickets aren't on general sale yet. Surely they held back some €300s for the general sale?

For 189 & 178 (also big demand at initial sale time due to Jones vs DC) they had a short wait time during the initial rush but I never received a notice saying there were no tickets available during the ticketmaster ‘best available’ option sale for FC members (I don’t remember anyone else here complaining about this either). After about an hour the virtual map appeared and you could pick from a decent supply of remaining seats for the rest of the presale, all at the initial pricing structure. For 189 they began to ramp up the prices for blocks as they were released during the later sale groups however ‘platinum’ seats only later again after the pre-sale and initial general sale finished.

Compare that to 194, where people were received ‘no ticket available’ notices from the first few minutes, some having a wait of 20 minutes just to see this message. The interactive map was then held down for several hours and when it did appear practically all remaining seats were ‘platinum’ before even the FC presale had finished. This is all taking place after the tickets for the event began at prices above the previous two.

slyph wrote: »
    Got a $300 ticket and booked flights today - staying in MGM for 8 days, should be great !

how much did you pay for the flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

If this thread has thought me anything, it's that the second row from the back is going to be a great laugh come fight night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement