Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Jesus nearly had a stroke trying to get tickets...was trying everything but no luck....then went on this morning and got 3 great ones at the front of the section beside the fighters walk outs!! December can't come fast enough. Had a word with the local pp to get him pray for Aldo every Sunday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I know many might be looking on thinking people should be glad they're going and not complain about ticket prices. I get that but can't help to complain a little.

The difference is seating location for price brackets P6, P5 and P4 doesn't seem to be too much different at all. I had a look at my seat which I'm paying more for this time but I'm further back, in a different section. I know the demand is there and such but I hope we're all not eventually priced out of going to these events.

I hope there's still cheaper tickets available for you newsletter subscribers and the general sale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

All heading over - this thread is worth a look for cheap FX

Basically a prepaid mastercard, sign up and request a physical card. Top up the card using your phone on the fly and you can instantly convert between currencies at a great rate with no fees - then withdraw from ATMs with no fees either. Will be testing it out in New York next month but I can't see any drawbacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

maximoose wrote: »
    All heading over - this thread is worth a look for cheap FX

Basically a prepaid mastercard, sign up and request a physical card. Top up the card using your phone on the fly and you can instantly convert between currencies at a great rate with no fees - then withdraw from ATMs with no fees either. Will be testing it out in New York next month but I can't see any drawbacks!

Yes I got one of these with this in mind, got the physical card a few days ago. Will be testing in Cardiff for the RWC myself next month but it will be interesting to see how you fare in the states.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Tickets no longer on sale

Absolute nightmare :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

The sale shouldn't end until 6pm tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

JokerD wrote: »
    I know many might be looking on thinking people should be glad they're going and not complain about ticket prices. I get that but can't help to complain a little.

For me, its 2 ticks off my bucket list so I'm looking at this as a 1 off so the extra cost I can handle. I've never been to vegas before(thats 1 tick), so any advice or recommendations would be greatly received :)

I'm in 2 minds on how to travel, 1 via Dublin means there will be some craic with loads of supporters on way over OR 2, connecting flight out of Belfast via London with the massive positive of not having to do the Dublin/Belfast bus on the way home....that few hours feels like months!

Devastator wrote: »
    For me, its 2 ticks off my bucket list so I'm looking at this as a 1 off so the extra cost I can handle. I've never been to vegas before(thats 1 tick), so any advice or recommendations would be greatly received :)

I'm in 2 minds on how to travel, 1 via Dublin means there will be some craic with loads of supporters on way over OR 2, connecting flight out of Belfast via London with the massive positive of not having to do the Dublin/Belfast bus on the way home....that few hours feels like months!

It really really does.

I'm flying out of Belfast Intl.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

How about going for the train back to Belfast? It's probably more expensive but comfortable and quick.

• Advertisement

Chase3 wrote: »
    How about going for the train back to Belfast? It's probably more expensive but comfortable and quick.

Yeah but then you have to get the bus to Dublin to get the train to Belfast.

Chase3 wrote: »
    Deadst4r wrote: »
    Yeah but then you have to get the bus to Dublin to get the train to Belfast.

yeah train means heading into central Dublin first which would be an extra headache :D I think the thought of any travelling after coming out of the airport just sounds cruel but I've came home through Dublin a few times in the past and got the bus and swore I would never do it again lol I'll see how prices compare & travel time(Belfast seems to be 3 flights, so thats another airport transfer & chance of delay)

yeah train means heading into central Dublin first which would be an extra headache :D I think the thought of any travelling after coming out of the airport just sounds cruel but I've came home through Dublin a few times in the past and got the bus and swore I would never do it again lol I'll see how prices compare & travel time(Belfast seems to be 3 flights, so thats another airport transfer & chance of delay)

If you're going hand luggage only, you could get off in London and get a flight direct to Belfast. Just don't use the London - Dublin leg

If you're going hand luggage only, you could get off in London and get a flight direct to Belfast. Just don't use the London - Dublin leg

Not sure what you mean. Through Dublin seems like 1 stopover in likes of JFK from what I've seen but Belfast option looks bit like, Belfast>London>JFK>Vegas

I don't think I'll go hand luggage only as all the hotels seem to have swimming pools so I need to pack plenty of speedo's :D j/k but does anyone know if Vegas has a big outlet shopping centres that are cheap?

Not sure what you mean. Through Dublin seems like 1 stopover in likes of JFK from what I've seen but Belfast option looks bit like, Belfast>London>JFK>Vegas

I don't think I'll go hand luggage only as all the hotels seem to have swimming pools so I need to pack plenty of speedo's :D j/k but does anyone know if Vegas has a big outlet shopping centres that are cheap?

I was thinking Dublin/London/Vegas, then Vegas/London/Dublin -cheap easyjet to Belfast. Wont work with hold bags though

I was thinking Dublin/London/Vegas, then Vegas/London/Dublin -cheap easyjet to Belfast. Wont work with hold bags though

oh tbh I don't think thats even a starter because any direct flight from London to Vegas seems really expensive, so with 1(or more) stopovers takes the price way down and into my price range.

oh tbh I don't think thats even a starter because any direct flight from London to Vegas seems really expensive, so with 1(or more) stopovers takes the price way down and into my price range.

Lon to Vegas direct is way too expensive, but Dublin to Vegas via London was very cheap....makes no sense, i know

Lon to Vegas direct is way too expensive, but Dublin to Vegas via London was very cheap....makes no sense, i know

yeah? What site/airline was that with? I've been looking at loads of places, but starting to get confusing now lol Been looking at flight & hotel deals mainly which all seemed to be US stopovers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I got Dub-Lon-Vegas for €542 on skyscanner

Used skyscanner too and eventually booked through omegaflightstore.com. Total was £386 return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm going Dublin-London-Dallas-Vegas and the same the way back.

Worked out very cheap for me, but it will be a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Shannon 9am on the Thursday > Newark > Vegas 4pm local time

Vegas 8am Sunday :eek: > Newark > Shannon Mon 7am ...work 8:30am :eek::eek:

Premium economy seats on all United flights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Shannon 9am on the Thursday > Newark > Vegas 4pm local time

Vegas 8am Sunday :eek: > Newark > Shannon Mon 7am ...work 8:30am :eek::eek:

Premium economy seats on all United flights :)
    Sounds like thats going to be an efficient days work:pac:

I paid extra at the last minute for Air Lingus straight from Dublin to Chicargo, then on to Vegas, on Wednesday. Fly home via San Fran on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I booked weeks ago. Cork, London, Vegas for €550. Staying at MGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Has anyone been able to find a decent interactive map of the mgm to see exactly which tickets you have? I know someone said check Mayweathers next fight on ticketmaster but that's not working for me

dulux99 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to find a decent interactive map of the mgm to see exactly which tickets you have? I know someone said check Mayweathers next fight on ticketmaster but that's not working for me
    I have the map on ticktmaster, I'll check for you if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

http://www.ticketmaster.com/ufc-194-las-vegas-nevada-12-12-2015/event/2E004F1CF3395BE8?tm_link=edp_onsale

Click on Use the Map then click on the sections and you get a detailed view of rows, seats etc

Saipanne wrote: »
    I booked weeks ago. Cork, London, Vegas for €550. Staying at MGM.

€550 All in? If so thats awesome! About £550 is cheapest Ive seen inc hotel(circus circus was 1), but not even sure what the flights looked like

yeah booked using interactive map. Goto ufc 194 page and towards top left make sure to select "search on map" and look out your block,row etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

€550 All in? If so thats awesome! About £550 is cheapest Ive seen inc hotel(circus circus was 1), but not even sure what the flights looked like

yeah booked using interactive map. Goto ufc 194 page and towards top left make sure to select "search on map" and look out your block,row etc

No, no. Hotel was about 500 too. Tickets, flights, hotel cost me approx 1700 :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement