Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread 15/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Up against Dearg81 this week. Strikers and defence are fairly similar. Midfield is where the key differences are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote: »
    Up against Dearg81 this week. Strikers and defence are fairly similar. Midfield is where the key differences are.

I brought in Payet last night for Walcott. I hope I dont regret that move.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I brought in Payet last night for Walcott. I hope I dont regret that move.

I took him out for Mahrez earlier in the week. Payet looks a good pick. I am keeping an eye on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,861 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking decent for a 2nd win at the moment. Sterling, Ramsey, Ritchie and Francis vs Bellerin and 26 points. Sterling and Ramsey the likely players who could turn that sort of gap around.

Guys, happy to announce that entirely down to finnharpsboy, we will have a 125 euro cash prize for the winner of the FSA Premier League.

Still fundraising if anyone can source any further prizes, and I will continue to filter down any cash prizes using the same split decided on between myself and finnharpsboy. 50% will go to the Premier League. The other 50% will be filtered down to the other leagues proportionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Guys, happy to announce that entirely down to finnharpsboy, we will have a 125 euro cash prize for the winner of the FSA Premier League.

Still fundraising if anyone can source any further prizes, and I will continue to filter down any cash prizes using the same split decided on between myself and finnharpsboy. 50% will go to the Premier League. The other 50% will be filtered down to the other leagues proportionally.

Brilliant. Well done lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

CSF wrote: »

I'm the Liverpool of the FSA Premier League, champion before the big money hit the league, destined to be counting the pennies while the new elite splash the cash to consolidate their position !

jhbF1KU3zWKlO.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Leading Liverpool of the FSA Premier League (:p) 30-27 despite my 4 pts hits.

5 players left each, though this include my captain Benteke. And it'll be mainly down to him, I reckon.

---

Fair play to finnharpsboy for the prize :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Looks like I've taken a big scalp this week from Swiper, despite only hitting a miserable 22 with 3 to play

A second win for the Commandos. I lead Dearg81 40-34. We both only have Benteke left and I captained him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

A second win for the Commandos. I lead Dearg81 40-34. We both only have Benteke left and I captained him.

Well done, I should have captained Benteke too not that it would have made any difference.

Leading last year FSA Prem champion 46-29.
    His Ritchie-Henderson-Benteke vs my Benteke (C).

iroced wrote: »
    Leading last year FSA Prem champion 46-29.
    His Ritchie-Henderson-Benteke vs my Benteke (C).

Second win confirmed.

zarquon failed attempt to play mind games with me failed :p. Don't forget to confirm your WC if you play it this week now :pac:...

And dare I say I was generous enough to give zarquon a 4 pts lead :D...

And chances are I'll be even more generous next week giving WC-Busts a probable 8 pts hit. Ah I'm too good... it'll be my undoing :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Second win confirmed.

zarquon failed attempt to play mind games with me failed :p. Don't forget to confirm your WC if you play it this week now :pac:...

And chances are I'll be even more generous next week giving WC-Busts a probable 8 pts hit. Ah I'm too good... it'll be my undoing :pac:...

2 defeats from 2 for me. Time to kickstart my season by defeating the leader.

Think I lost my first 2 last year. So 4th is a very welcome change.

Second win confirmed.

I gave you a massive head start last year and it didn't do you any good :P Bottom half of the table at Christmas and Champion by season end!

the-status-woe.jpg

Iroced circled in red in this video :D

Iroced circled in red in this video:

Up against FHFC this week. I think we're about the only two men who haven't wildcarded so it's a good match up!

Up against FHFC this week. I think we're about the only two men who haven't wildcarded so it's a good match up!

Think again ;)

Buckled at about 1.30am on Monday I'm afraid. My team value greedgot the better of me!

Not looking a good decision since, Memphis tonight and this match up have just made it allworth while! :D

I haven't wildcarded... yet.

zarquon wrote: »
    I gave you a massive head start last year and it didn't do you any good tongue.png Bottom half of the table at Christmas and Champion by season end!

[...]

[...]
    You b@st@rd :pac:!

Though you must be going senile since I don't know whom you did give your head start to last year but it certainly wasn't me. I started mid third of the table for about 2 months, then I slowly sank to the bottom third of the table, flirting dangerously with the relegation zone that I managed to always avoid and I finished like a bullet (I'd be curious to know my second half of the season rankings).

Oh and just to refresh your apparently senile memory, here is how you really won last year :p :pac:

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    Premier League confirm that Benteke's goal should not have been allowed to stand against Bournemouth. His captainers can count themselves very lucky.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/634713963721293824

Between this and the first yaya goal against West Brom there is a lot of luck flying around already.
    I'd still have beaten you comfortably :p :pac:...

I'd still have beaten you comfortably :p :pac:...

The highlight of your season, beating the champion. :P

Early celebrations can have their pitfall

Celebrating? Me? Nooo...

Just recalling the facts. And the fact is you haven't quite put your game together yet.

Mccarthy
    Kolorav Martin O'Shea
    Pedro Depay Chadli sanchez
    Sakho Aguero vardy
    Late change hazard in for Pedro.

We have very different teams now (only Agüero in common :eek:). At least it should be interesting from a H2H perspective.

I chickened out of going -8 so just gave you a 4 pts head start ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We have very different teams now (only Agüero in common :eek:). At least it should be interesting from a H2H perspective.

I chickened out of going -8 so just gave you a 4 pts head start ;).

May the best man win. Could do with the 3 pts.

May the best man win. Could do with the 3 pts.

You're up 30-20(-4).

Your Kolarov + Hazard + Sanchez (C) + Aguero vs my Myhill + Bellerin + Azpi + Fabregas + Silva + Benteke + Aguero (C).

Still open. Obviously captains are gonna be key, particulalrly yours since I don't own Alexis. I'll add Kolarov vs Silva & Hazard vs Fabregas. 0-0 in WB-Chelsea and it's game on ! Otherwise I'm gonna need things to specifically go my way...

I'm relying on Mané to eat up. Or not play.

Interesting match with lemlin and very varied teams. His Ivan, Hazard, Sterling and Benteke vs Sanchez +18.

Have a bad feeling about it!

FHFC wrote: »
    Interesting match with lemlin and very varied teams. His Ivan, Hazard, Sterling and Benteke vs Sanchez +18.

Have a bad feeling about it!

I think you have it tbh. Can't see my lads making up that difference. Sanchez could outscore my four! Benteke is the only one in a bit of form.

• Advertisement

I think you have it tbh. Can't see my lads making up that difference. Sanchez could outscore my four! Benteke is the only one in a bit of form.

Any of your 4 could on their day score 10 to 15 points. You've a few dogs in this fight yet.

Advertisement