Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread 15/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Looks like I will continue my alternating win/loss pattern

9 behind iroced. We both have Sanchez and Martial so it is his 9 plus Wanyama off the bench for 2 v my Gomis plus Fletcher for 2 off the bench

Need Gomis to go mad against spurs tomorrow

Azpi let me down so it's still open... crazy when I get 97 pts :eek: :pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Boots234 wrote: »
    The only differences between our teams were you having de bruyne/Azpilicueta and I having Evans/hazard, I was fairly confident when I saw that you had taken a -8 hit bit de bruyne has saved you! Nice win

Yeah, you looked a strong favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Sporting Hee-Hawing is killing me with his Sanchez and Ayew combo. Looks like my potential 100 point gameweek won't be enough to win this unless Bellerin scores a couple and keeps a clean sheet.

Actually that wont be enough either, he's got Butland subbing in with 6 points :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Should have enough to beat Donal unless Bellerin does something spectacular.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Eventually won my ton thriller 115-108 ! Phew !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

tom_k wrote: »
    Sporting Hee-Hawing is killing me with his Sanchez and Ayew combo. Looks like my potential 100 point gameweek won't be enough to win this unless Bellerin scores a couple and keeps a clean sheet.

Actually that wont be enough either, he's got Butland subbing in with 6 points :(

Sanchez was the difference, I thought I might sneak it when I saw you didn't have him. Unlucky to lose with over 100 but you won't be the only one this week. I'd say most teams in this league scored triple digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A badly needed second win in a row as I begin the long slog from the bottom to the not quite bottom of the table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

iroced wrote: »
    Eventually won my ton thriller 115-108 ! Phew !!!

My score this week is higher than my combined score for the last two weeks and I still lost by seven :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Beat the reigning champ and my FSA Creme De la Prem teammate Zarquon 114 - 98.

8 games in and the Commandos have 16 points.

That'll do lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    A badly needed second win in a row as I begin the long slog from the bottom to the not quite bottom of the table

Second defeat running as my good form abruptly ends.

Your Arsenal masterclass blew me away today.

• Advertisement

Should have enough to beat Donal unless Bellerin does something spectacular.

Nope - congrats! Struggling around relegation, but overall am happy where I am in OR, so its bound to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

6th win on the bounce but a tough test next week against Lemlin. 1st against 2nd. I want to take a couple of hits to sort out my defence but may leave it a week as I have a handy game against FHFC the following week:p

6th win on the bounce but a tough test next week against Lemlin. 1st against 2nd. I want to take a couple of hits to sort out my defence but may leave it a week as I have a handy game against FHFC the following week:p

I have no objection to this strategy whatsoever.

The Commandos disappeared off on international duty in high spirits. Hopefully we won't pick up any injuries but confidence is high at the moment.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The Commandos disappeared off on international duty in high spirits. Hopefully we won't pick up any injuries but confidence is high at the moment.

Well holy god. Seem to have beaten tom_k in the Prem....

A badly needed 3 points taken from the journeymen. I was on a -12, he was on -8 going into this.

Business done once again. Think I had like 1 win at this stage last year so very pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

FHFC wrote: »
    Well holy god. Seem to have beaten tom_k in the Prem....

Well done, it isn't hard to bate me this b0llix of a season though :(

Busts wins the top of the table clash. Congrats.

Jeez... I'm looking like losing to Iago despite him taking a 16 points hit :eek:!!!

Naughton & Martin need to get 6 pts for a draw, 7 for a win! Come on Newcastle & Stoke :D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Busts wins the top of the table clash. Congrats.

Cheers you did the double over me last year .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Jeez... I'm looking like losing to Iago despite him taking a 16 points hit :eek:!!!

Naughton & Martin need to get 6 pts for a draw, 7 for a win! Come on Newcastle & Stoke :D!

If I had gone with Mertesacker instead of Gabriel I'd be home and hosed, as it stands I think it'll be a bridge too far unfortunately :(

Iago wrote: »
    If I had gone with Mertesacker instead of Gabriel I'd be home and hosed, as it stands I think it'll be a bridge too far unfortunately :(

I could see Swansea getting the clean sheet tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

CSF wrote: »
    I could see Swansea getting the clean sheet tbh

wouldn't be enough :(

Wenger killing me all season, surely he could have let us know Gabriel was due for surgery :(

wouldn't be enough :(

Wenger killing me all season, surely he could have let us know Gabriel was due for surgery :(
    CS & BP or assist for Naughton would do it. This game is crazier this year than during any of the last 5 seasons I feel. So I'd not write off any scenario to be honest.

Imagine if I were 20 pts ahead of you and you had Wijnaldum left. I'd have celebrated victory yesterday :pac: !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Look to be continuing my alternating wins and losses with a low scoring win over Who 8 Paul.

My 41 (-4) to his 37. We both have Gomis left but I have Fletcher (3) and possibly Muniesa coming off the bench. Unless Muniesa disgraces himself with a -4 I should scrape through.

Naughton not featuring and anyway Stoke early goal gave me a nice evening. I eventually get my win (when I saw Iago took a 16 pts hit thought it was in the bag but a hard fought win in the end :eek:). Will stay third though. CSF goes a couple of pts ahead of me in the OR.

Naughton not featuring and anyway Stoke early goal gave me a nice evening. I eventually get my win (when I saw Iago took a 16 pts hit thought it was in the bag but a hard fought win in the end :eek:). Will stay third though. CSF goes a couple of pts ahead of me in the OR.

Go me, top of something at least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm up to fifth as well after a comfy win this week.
    Top 5 is now Busts, CSF, iroced, Lemlin and me in fifth.
    That's a solid looking top 5:cool:
    I'd be surprised if any of the other leagues could provide a top 5 of 'household' names:pac:

• Advertisement

Up to 15th with that win, nice to be out of the relegation zone.

Advertisement