Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread 15/16

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just on the prize where has the money come from. Is it sponsored by a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,861 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think he said it came from a variety of different sources (a number of different Russian oligarchs have been spotted in Ballybofey since Finn Harps got promoted) The man himself would be better placed to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

From a number of suppliers I deal with in work

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

From a number of suppliers I deal with in work

That's great I'll PM you later. I just didn't want you to be out of pocket. I'll take 100 and a 25 euro donation to Crumlin children's hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

That's great I'll PM you later. I just didn't want you to be out of pocket. I'll take 100 and a 25 euro donation to Crumlin children's hospital.

Payment sent and donation paid....
    Waiting for receipt from Our lady's to post the proof :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. See it was tighter than I imagined :eek:. Congratulations to Busts for his victory and nice gesture. Fair play again to finnharpsboy for giving prizes to these free leagues.

CSF wrote: »
    Nope I'm relying on iroced to save me.
    I'll send you my quote :D.

iroced wrote: »
    So. See it was tighter than I imagined :eek:. Congratulations to Busts for his victory and nice gesture. Fair play again to finnharpsboy for giving prizes to these free leagues.

I'll send you my quote :D.

Too late!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Congrats to busts on winning!

For myself a victory over Tom K by the narrowest of margins meant I finished with three wins in a row, so despite dicing with relegation managed a respectable 12th place. I have a copy of last year's league somewhere, must check it, but I think I was 15th last year, so made progress despite my OR dropping substantially.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Someone should have reminded the Commandos there was a monetary prize at an earlier stage, as Cavan men they would have made it their business to win it!!

Lemlin wrote: »
    Someone should have reminded the Commandos there was a monetary prize at an earlier stage, as Cavan men they would have made it their business to win it!!

Someone did back in August ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Cheers to CSF for organising the league again. This league was my main interest for a large part of the season when I was languishing around the 500K mark.

Congrats to BUSTS for winning-from what I remember you have been winning the league since early on.

We all like our stats on here, and seeing as I over achieved by sealing a champions league spot, while I should have finished 11th based on points, I decided to throw a few stats together. Mostly where we all would have finished if the league was based on points alone. Only one of us finished in our deserved place!

The average for our league was 2186. I was going to get some One Way ANOVAs going, to see if there were any statistically significant differences between the averages in each of the leagues, but I thought I'm not that sad (I am though....).

So I was the biggest variant? Hmm, I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Had a feeling before I checked the sheet i might be Mr Equilibrium. Felt like about a 6th place finish and rank.

Still no sign of Fizman, irish son, zarquon, GillespieRoad or iroced. Definitely running lower than usual in numbers for the Premier League with only a few days left in signup.

GillespieRoad and iroced signed up now. Zarquon (former champion I believe), irish son and fizman left to sign up before Sunday night ends.

Thunder dog also has signed up in thread but not in the league itself. I've pmed him but still nothing. If anyone knows him give him a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

CSF wrote: »
    GillespieRoad and iroced signed up now. Zarquon (former champion I believe), irish son and fizman left to sign up before Sunday night ends.

Thunder dog also has signed up in thread but not in the league itself. I've pmed him but still nothing. If anyone knows him give him a shout.

joined now, cheers. Only looking at throwing a team together now

2 left to go with a little under 11 hours remaining. Last year's FSA Championship winner yet to take his place in the big leagues. greensausage and boots234 in line to take those 2 spots once the deadline goes up. I'll be PMing any free spots tomorrow morning around 8 and you'll have 12 hours to claim them.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Why are people who got relegated allowed re-entry to the higher league?

Why are people who got relegated allowed re-entry to the higher league?

The system is that 4th in the Championship and 18th in the Premier League are the first 2 eligible to take any unclaimed places. Which of those gets the spot first is based on who gets more points. In this case, the 4th place in the Championship had the higher points. Last year I think it was the other way around.

I get the 'why should someone stay up when they were relegated' argument but I think the 'why should someone go up when they didn't get promoted' argument is just as valid. Unfortunately I've no control over people earning a spot and then not taking it in the end.

The argument that it's harder to finish 4th in the Championship than 18th in the Premier League is very open to opinion and to be honest has varied year on year. For example, I finished 17th in the Premier League last year and was going down until about 15 minutes left in the United v Bournemouth match. In the build up to that match I was looking at the tables to see if I'd be in a position to be first reserve depending who was 4th and noted that I actually had a higher point score than over 50% of the top 10 in the Championship.

With this being a H2H league rather than a points league I think it's particularly unquantifiable and for this reason I think the system in place works.

I've got Busts first this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

I've got zarquon...

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

15/16 thread lads, a new thread needs to be created. The Championship got in there before ye. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

15/16 thread lads, a new thread needs to be created. The Championship got in there before ye. :p

2016/17 thread here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057634356

Advertisement