Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I really enjoyed that. I only wish we didn't have to wait so long until the live shows :(

I really like Kellie, Anthony and Kirsty so far. I hope Daniel does well too.

It's shaping up to be a good series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Addle wrote: »
    He was better than I expected!

Jeremy is a silver fox.

I'm actually hoping Daniel does well. Jeremy surprised me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Anthony is my favourite male. Purley cos he's hot, and I've suffered shoulder operations, so I have sympathy. Don't know how he will lift anyone though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Can we have a Gleb appreciation thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

First time watching strictly, so new to this thread. I have it on bbc 1 hd on sky (241) now. Have to say the colour and vibrancy has me hooked already. I'm feeling excited now for my new addiction.

Me too. I've never really watched it before - Bruce used to irritate the crap out of me.

However I LOVED the launch tonight! Thought the dancing at the start was fantastic! And Gleb.....sweet baby Jesus...I'll watch it for him alone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ola throwing her toys out of the pram already, if the Huffington Post is to be believed (which is probably can't, in fairness).

And the show hasn't even started! :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/05/strictly-come-dancing-2015-ola-jordan-iwan-thomas-peter-andre-pairings_n_8092458.html

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ola throwing her toys out of the pram already, if the Huffington Post is to be believed (which is probably can't, in fairness).

And the show hasn't even started! :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/05/strictly-come-dancing-2015-ola-jordan-iwan-thomas-peter-andre-pairings_n_8092458.html

AND she had a wardrobe malfunction!!! People have been freeze framing in order to catch a sight of this errant nipple, to no avail!
    Peter Andre is so full of himself! He's already won it in his own mind!
    Wee Daniel could be a bit of craic.
    Anton was a very naughty boy!!
    Those are my first impressions!

AND she had a wardrobe malfunction!!! People have been freeze framing in order to catch a sight of this errant nipple, to no avail!
    Peter Andre is so full of himself! He's already won it in his own mind!
    Wee Daniel could be a bit of craic.
    Anton was a very naughty boy!!
    Those are my first impressions!
    What did Anton do??? :eek:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What did Anton do??? :eek:

When it was down to the last 3, the oldest, an actress, I think, went to someone else and Anton did a triumphant dance just out of shot! I'll try and have a look back and see which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Peter Andre is so full of himself!
    Agree. Can't understand why he's favourite to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I missed the group dance last night, so based on no evidence Kellie & Kevin are my favourite pairing so far because they both seem lovely. :D

Peter is going to be like mark was last year, cries at everything.
    Evan Thomas is annoying the way he keeps going on about his body, plus I can't stand ola so Hope they get voted out soon
    I think anton and Katie will get on very well.
    I hope jeremy and Daniel do quite well, although not well enough to get to the rumba stage.
    Can't stand jamelia, so it's a pity she was put with Tristan who seems lovely.
    I wonder will Natalie be able to curb some of ainsley enthusiasm or excitability

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Peter and Jeanette will make a really good pairing. Definitely ones to watch I reckon.

I'm already finding Peter Andre very irritating so hope he don't win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Bless him, he could do with a coat or two of fake tan.

I'm not optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Daniel is already surprising me - I had this preconceived notion that he'd be very stiff or awkward when dancing, but I tried to watch him through the group dance the other night (which was hard because they didn't show much of him!) and he looked good enough from what I could see. Like he's really enjoying it & putting the effort into it.

I get the impression that Daniel, is really putting his heart into it and he looks like he's enjoying himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

And at the end of the day, it's all just a bit of fun. :D:);)

That said, I think it's time for our first look at the bookies' odds... :o:D;)

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Peter is the early favourite at around 5/2, while Carol and Jeremy are rank outsiders.

Mr Andre is immediately followed by a group of five - Helen, Georgia May, Jamelia, Jay and Kirsty - whose odds range from 5/1 to 10/1. Not too far behind this group are Katie (around 12/1) and Anthony (around 16/1).

As for Daniel, the bookies clearly have different feelings at the moment - Paddy Power makes him 10/1 (no real surprises there), but William Hill puts him at 25/1, and Coral blows him out to 66/1... :o:D

I'd place an e/w bet on Daniel.

The wait is nearly over. First show on BBC 1 at 9 on Friday 25th September. :D

It looks like DO'Ds fans could keep him in for the duration. :(

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/daniel-odonnell-fans-send-money-to-uk-relatives-for-strictly-vote-697093.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not a chance the UK's population is huge and they haven't a clue who he is or an ounce of loyalty to him. I suspect he'll be awful and gone after a week or two.

Loughc wrote: »
    Not a chance the UK's population is huge and they haven't a clue who he is or an ounce of loyalty to him. I suspect he'll be awful and gone after a week or two.

20 UK top 40 albums, 15 top 40 singles, honorary MBE for is services to music. They seem to know who he is in the UK, unfortunately. The grey pound has plenty of power. I think he will be in there longer than two weeks. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_O%27Donnell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wasn't he on TOTP's a few times too back in the day?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

20 UK top 40 albums, 15 top 40 singles, honorary MBE for is services to music. They seem to know who he is in the UK, unfortunately. The grey pound has plenty of power. I think he will be in there longer than two weeks. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_O%27Donnell

But surely the younger audience members who watch and more importantly vote won't have a clue who he is!

But surely the younger audience members who watch and more importantly vote won't have a clue who he is!

I think something like Strictly would have a much older voting profile than Celebrity or X-Factor.

Jayop wrote: »
    Wasn't he on TOTP's a few times too back in the day?

Yes, he was. ;)

His first appearance was on 17 September 1992. The TOTP fan in me can't help but point out that this was more or less at the height of probably the show's darkest period (October 1991 to January 1994), as ageing producer Stanley Appel insisted that every act sing live, and also frequently booked acts that arguably appealed to him more than they did to the show's target audience - including, unfortunately, DOD. :o:o:o;)

With apologies for the quality.

Jayop wrote: »
    I think something like Strictly would have a much older voting profile than Celebrity or X-Factor.

You'd think that but look at the previous winners they all appeal to the younger viewers/voters

I remember watching that.

Give Daniel a chance. It's all for the sake of charity and fun.

You'd think that but look at the previous winners they all appeal to the younger viewers/voters

Oh he'll never win it, but he should have enough support to keep him in it for a few weeks at least.

• Advertisement

Worth pointing out that Chris Hollins is the oldest winner so far - 38 when he stunned Ricky Whittle in '09.

Susanna Reid nearly dethroned Chris in '13, having just turned 43 at the time of the final - although, of course, it's reasonably likely that the majority of her fans were blokes and geeks. :o:o:o;)

Advertisement