Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Also worth pointing out that all 12 series-winning celebrities so far (careful wording there) are from England - and most of them from the southern half, with the notable exceptions of Jill Halfpenny (Tyneside), Darren Gough (Yorkshire) and Abbey Clancy (Liverpool).

Celebs from outside England have tended to do better in the Christmas specials, with Colin Jackson (Cardiff) winning the first one in '06, and John Barrowman (Glasgow, then Illinois) triumphing in '10.

...Maybe it is time for someone from Ireland to win? :o:o:o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Daniel is dancing the waltz to "when Irish eyes are smiling"
    Antony is doing the jive, poor guy that's a hard first dance
    Also Katie and anton are doing the jive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

My worst fears about him in the show have been realized.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Sounds like they're trying to make Daniel a joke contestant before he's even properly started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Quit being so negative about Daniel!
    I think it's good to tune people are familiar with. Sounds promising to me.
    I'm looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Addle wrote: »
    Quit being so negative about Daniel!
    I think it's good to tune people are familiar with. Sounds promising to me.
    I'm looking forward to it.

It's absolute corney nonsense. Paddywhackery at it's finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I'm personally sick of all the Daniel O'Donnell talk already. So many bandwagon jumpers this year with a token irish fella on it it:rolleyes:

My i'll be watching for Ola & Georgina May Foot ( no point in denying it:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'm looking forward to seeing Gleb (dance, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I'm not watching till Sunday, so am avoiding this thread till then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Not on any of the Irish channels? Only have saorview..

• Advertisement

Yippee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Here we go. Kellie & Kevin up first.

Great start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Watching about 20 minutes behind. Not a bad start from Kellie but I hate when don't use tango music for a tango.

Has Daniel got Bell's palsy? What's going on with his mouth?
    Though the did very well.

He's so nervous!
    Fair play to him. Great comments.

DO'D was pretty much as I expected. False smile, dead eyes and personality of a limp lettuce leaf.

DO'D was pretty much as I expected. False smile, dead eyes and personality of a limp lettuce leaf.

Bit harsh

Very harsh. I thought he came across and danced very well.

Very harsh. I thought he came across and danced very well.

Not harsh at all. His expression never changed from the waltz, to judges comments, to the scoring. Claudia even commented on his "excitement".

• Advertisement

He was nervous. That makes me like him even more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Has Daniel got Bell's palsy? What's going on with his mouth?
    Though the did very well.

You know the way your parents used to say "If the wind changes your face will stay that way"?

I think the wind changed mid wink.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Just caught up there...

I thought they were all generally pretty good for a first show, bar the weather lady, who just didn't seem to get into the rhythm of her dance at all. Wee Daniel was a bit stiff, but he was decent enough.

Kellie and the Midwife actress were very good and I thought the boxer (sorry, I'm rubbish with names!) guy was undermarked. The Jive is one of the hardest dances and I thought he did a great job.

Unfortunately, the last lady they had on (Nita?) may have been brilliant, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from Gleb. Dear Lord, it should be illegal to be that beautiful....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

So glad it's back. Such good family viewing!

Biggest disappointment was the new female professional. I thought she over-danced at the show three weeks ago and put it down to nerves, but last night I felt she was poor and her choreography weak. I hope she settles, but so far not a good addition, particularly when excellent dancers are sitting it out.

Of the six that danced last night, call the mid-wife lady was the stand out…beautiful expression. Weather lady looks like she may be the new Judy, but she had the most amazing dress last night…another reason I love the show!

Daniel held his own but it was the perfect first dance for him. Every man over a certain age from rural Ireland can waltz. I know there was more to the dance than that, but the rhythm was embedded as muscle memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I thought they were all generally pretty good for a first show, bar the weather lady, who just didn't seem to get into the rhythm of her dance at all.
    sadie06 wrote: »
    Weather lady looks like she may be the new Judy, but she had the most amazing dress last night…another reason I love the show!

I guess I am the only one here who watches BBC Breakfast, then... :o:o:o:D

Carol did say that she believed herself to be a novelty act - and it's probably fair to say that her belief isn't wrong. :o:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Damn. Didn't even know it was on last night until now and missed Wee Daniel

Jay seems afraid of aliona.

Kirsty's dress is so beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I am very disappointed with Kirsty. But better to start slow and improve at a fast rate.

• Advertisement

Ha, I do like Jeremy. He's throwing himself into it and looks like he's thoroughly enjoying himself!

Advertisement