Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Is this a test from Down Syndrome you're talking about? I don't recall getting that done the last time. I thought that was only offered to women over 35? Did you ask for it?

*Edit* Sorry that's a lot of questions, just I haven't heard of it being done as standard before.

It's offered to all women at my hospital - I'm in the UK though so not sure what the policies are back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

pythonista wrote: »
    It's offered to all women at my hospital - I'm in the UK though so not sure what the policies are back home.

Wasn't offered to me either, he just measured it and I was watching the monitor and asked him to explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Just had a private scan on Wednesday. My nt was 2.9. My gp and local hospital don't seem to know what to do and have referred me to holles st. I'm 33

I think when it goes over 2.5 they want to combine with bloods? I don't think 2.9 is overly high before 13 weeks, I've read of people getting a measurement of 6 and all being ok.
    I'm sure all is fine, but always better to check for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hi just popping in from the Feb board. I noticed the discussion on nuchal measurements and thought maybe the following might be useful..

There's also a blood test you can have now called the harmony test. It tests for downs and two other trisomy disorders and hunter's and Turner's syndrome. It's available at mostly private clinics and, I think, in the rotunda. It's expensive at €550 but I had it at 12 weeks as I'm 38 and so wanted peace of mind.

At my 12 week scan, due to my age, the sonographer in the Coombe spoke to me about having the nuchal translucency scan which tests for downs. It would've cost €250 and is not all that accurate. I thought the harmony test was worth the extra expense as it's far more accurate. They extract placental DNA from your blood and examine that. The nuchal translucency scan is somewhat inaccurate as it uses an algorithm that takes the nuchal measurement, a protein result from your blood test and your age and calculates a risk. It appears to be far more widely used in the UK and appears to give quite a high number of false positives which result in an amino being required.

My results were clear which has given me great peace of mind. I also found out tbe sex (that's optional if you want to keep it a surprise)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 baby2016

Hi girls, hope you don't mind me joining in.

I'm 11+2 with our first. We've been trying for nearly 7 years and finally got pg with our first round of ivf.

Been reading back over posts and can totally relate to the bloating others are experiencing. I've already bought two pairs of maternity jeans.

Our 12 week check up is on 6th October. Not sure what to expect. Can anyone let me know what to expect? Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

baby2016 wrote: »

I'm 11+2 with our first. We've been trying for nearly 7 years and finally got pg with our first round of ivf.

Been reading back over posts and can totally relate to the bloating others are experiencing. I've already bought two pairs of maternity jeans.

Our 12 week check up is on 6th October. Not sure what to expect. Can anyone let me know what to expect? Thanks x

Aw congratulations! You must be beyond chuffed. 12 week appt is the longest one. You'll meet the midwife and go through a long medical history, then you'll have urine, bloods, bp and weight taken. And finally you'll get to see your little baby I the scan. They'll do measurements etc there.

My12 week appt is on the 7th.

I had my booking appointment where they did blood and medical history.
    Then my 12 week was meeting the midwife for bp then I had to wait for 2 hours to meet my consultant as I had a complicated first Labour, then we got to see baby!
    It's a long day, but totally worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

I've totally abandoned boards the past 2 weeks, the tiredness has been something else. It's like food coma literally...sickness has eased a lot, so I've my appetite back but after I eat I tend to doze off no matter what time in the day it is.

I've my first appointment the 8th of October, a community midwife rang to see was I interested in doing the domino scheme but don't really know as I didn't do it last time and I've heard they're very pushy when it comes to natural birth and breastfeeding.

Hope everyone is keeping well, the 2nd trimester is nearly there for most of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi, I just wanted to say congratulations. What wonderful news for you both, I hope your pregnancy and labour go super easy for you. :)

• Advertisement

All very quiet in here. How is everyone?
    Very happy to be hitting the second trimester tomorrow-14 weeks whoop! Finally getting over my food aversions and don't mind cooking again!

javagal wrote: »
    All very quiet in here. How is everyone?
    Very happy to be hitting the second trimester tomorrow-14 weeks whoop! Finally getting over my food aversions and don't mind cooking again!

I'm still feeling crap on and off at the min. Felt sick as a dog this evening :( have my 12 week appointment tomorrow so looking forward to getting dated properly. I'm still dubious that I'm actually 12 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 baby2016

Yellow hen, best of luck tomorrow! Enjoy getting to see your baby.

Java, congrats on moving to the 2nd trimester.

I had my 12 week check up and all was great so we've now told all our family and friends. Starting to feel very real now!

Suffering with heart burn since Friday and it's a killer!

Hope eoe is keeping well x

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi All,

It's so lovely to see the babas, my scan is in two weeks time, i'll be 14 weeks can't wait. I feel massive, I think its so obvious I'm pregnant so I can't wait to be able to tell people.

I had crazy heartburn for the last 3 months last time round, I should have bought shares in rennie I was popping them like smarties.

So I had my 12wk appt today and my dates still stand so I'm pleased with that. Due April 18th. Just wish the nausea would go away now.

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Hi All,

It's so lovely to see the babas, my scan is in two weeks time, i'll be 14 weeks can't wait. I feel massive, I think its so obvious I'm pregnant so I can't wait to be able to tell people.

I had crazy heartburn for the last 3 months last time round, I should have bought shares in rennie I was popping them like smarties.

My bump felt like that but it was all bloat, it's gone down now and is only a little bump. My arse however, has also gone out.

Yellow hen, apparently most first trimester woe is meant to dissipate at 14 weeks so hang in there. I'm there now and feel better with food but still wrecked come 5pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

Had my 12week scan today too,bang on for the 20th of April,going to tell everyone im.due the 30th as I always go 9-10 days late,its amazing what you can see in scan at 12weeks!cant wait for 20 week scan in dec,dying to find out what we are having!is anyone else finding out the sex? nausea has calmed down but still wrecked tired come 5 o clock too!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Hello all, not been on here in a while. 14 weeks now and suffering very badly with fatigue. The kicker is I also have insomnia. So basically a walking zombie.

Hello all, not been on here in a while. 14 weeks now and suffering very badly with fatigue. The kicker is I also have insomnia. So basically a walking zombie.

Oh hello me. Every night like clockwork at 2am, I'm awake and like to think about EVERYTHING possible. Gezonked by the time the alarm goes at 6:30 :(

It's 8pm tonight and I'm still up and not falling asleep so maybe we're on the curb of change.........................

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh hello me. Every night like clockwork at 2am, I'm awake and like to think about EVERYTHING possible. Gezonked by the time the alarm goes at 6:30 :(

It's 8pm tonight and I'm still up and not falling asleep so maybe we're on the curb of change.........................

Yellow hen it actually makes me pathetically happy to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. No one understands how tough it is! I was saying to my husband the other night I don't feel like a person anymore, just a body trying to drag itself from one day to the other.

Sonandheir I was hoping to go for a surprise, but I think my husband needs to know and seeing as I insisted on finding out last time I'll let him decide :)

• Advertisement

Need a good night sleep in a hotel... By myself.

We're decorating upstairs so Have a toddler and my husband in bed next to me, both of whom talk in their sleep, both of whom toss and turn and throw legs on me all night and my husband, to top it off is the world's worst sleepwalker so keeps getting out of bed to check our boiler.

I need to sleeeeppppp

All day yesterday I had a brown spotting, still continuing this morning. Although I feel like crap, I don't have bad cramping. My nerves are shot to pieces with this. It's the second time it's happened. If it continues all day today again, I think I'll go into emergency room this evening.

Oh javagal, send him to sleep in the boiler room, you need your rest!

Yellow hen I hope everything is OK, hope the spotting stopped.

Going to make an appointment with the doctor myself. Last time when I was pregnant the weight flew on and this time I've barely put on anything and have stalled altogether now so it's got me worried. Pregnancy is such a stressful time :(

Hope you're feeling Better yellow hen, maybe Go to hospital anyway for piece of mind?

Furbaby, I think I've only put on 3 pound, last time i was up about a stone by now, every pregnancy is different.. my bump is gone too, I'm putting it down to bloating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

Hi all, due April 4th although with my tendency to go early I could be march. Hope everyone is well. This Is my 3rd baby so the mammy wagon has been bought this week! Eek bye bye little hatchback *sobs*

Question for everyone... Is anyone having BH yet? I've been having really uncomfortable episodes all day. The internet tells me this is perfectly normal and I believe it I just wasn't expecting it at all lol weekend was quiet full on with painting and life in general so I suspect that may have brought it on lol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭DollyB

Hi everyone, Due April 6th Have a 3year old boy and my daughter was born an angel baby so its my third pregnancy Have had a scan at 9 weeks+2 and one at 12 weeks waiting for anomaly in a few weeks. Bubs has started "kicking" as of last night very excited to say the least :)

Hi all, due April 4th although with my tendency to go early I could be march. Hope everyone is well. This Is my 3rd baby so the mammy wagon has been bought this week! Eek bye bye little hatchback *sobs*

Question for everyone... Is anyone having BH yet? I've been having really uncomfortable episodes all day. The internet tells me this is perfectly normal and I believe it I just wasn't expecting it at all lol weekend was quiet full on with painting and life in general so I suspect that may have brought it on lol

Hi, i haven't with this pregnancy but i got very mild with my first early I was told to drink plenty of water as they say dehydration can bring them on and also to keep an eye out for signs of a uti also with my first at 32weeks i was admitted with what were thought to be bh but turned out to be a uti that the lab missed out on. hope they ease off for you soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

DollyB wrote: »
    Hi, i haven't with this pregnancy but i got very mild with my first early I was told to drink plenty of water as they say dehydration can bring them on and also to keep an eye out for signs of a uti also with my first at 32weeks i was admitted with what were thought to be bh but turned out to be a uti that the lab missed out on. hope they ease off for you soon :)

Big congrats dolly! Hope you are doing OK! Hyperemesis kicking my butt here but it was to be expected lol I have my big scan in 2 weeks and can't wait to find out if its a pink or blue baby! Not that it matters but I always feel like it makes it more real and you can start imaging what they will be like :-)

Big congrats dolly! Hope you are doing OK! Hyperemesis kicking my butt here but it was to be expected lol I have my big scan in 2 weeks and can't wait to find out if its a pink or blue baby! Not that it matters but I always feel like it makes it more real and you can start imaging what they will be like :-)

Oh no hope is goes away quick!! Oh your lucky I don't have my anomaly for nearly another 5 weeks :( I know what you mean you can just picture everything better when you know.

• Advertisement

Aww I have my scan is 3 weeks on Sunday, how many weeks will you be getting yours

Advertisement