Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2016

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

I'm home now thank god, was absolutely dying to get out of that hospital! Bit sore alright but managing it, to be honest at this stage I am just so happy to be home I'll take any pain :P how are all you guys doing with your bundles of joy? Trying to resist the urge of holding mine constantly while she sleeps, I know I should be putting her down to get her used to it but it's soooo nice to cuddle them while they're sleepy :):)

I know that feeling well! Feels like a prison being stuck there and when your that uncomfortable you want your own bed and shower!

I don't buy into that don't hold the baby bull! Hold your baby when you want and don't listen to anyone else. You know best!

The first night my baby was with me on the ward after being in icu from birth a nurse stuck her head round the Curtain that night and told me to put the baby down! I nearly decked her lol my baby had been taken after birth and put in a plastic box for days with very little human contact. The last thing I was doing was putting her down!

Congratulations again! Enjoy every minute :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Can I jump in here?I was due March 21st but our bundle arrived on April 1st.She's our second.Just reading the last few posts here, we were in the Rotunda too, and due for an induction Friday morning, but she started things herself in the early hours and was born five hours later.I had an easy ride compared to some of you I think!!Straight from ED to delivery and off it went.Thank god for gas and air, I have never been so thankful to see anything as I was to see that lovely big quiet delivery room.

BusyIzzy wrote: »
    Can I jump in here?I was due March 21st but our bundle arrived on April 1st.She's our second.Just reading the last few posts here, we were in the Rotunda too, and due for an induction Friday morning, but she started things herself in the early hours and was born five hours later.I had an easy ride compared to some of you I think!!Straight from ED to delivery and off it went.Thank god for gas and air, I have never been so thankful to see anything as I was to see that lovely big quiet delivery room.

Congratulations busy! We should do a switch! I was due April but ended up having baby on 15th of March!

How are you and baby getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Baby Eli born here just over 24 hours after sweep at 40+2.
    Epi didn't take so gave birth to all 9.13 of him naturally..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pennypie

Congrats to all the mamas!Delighted for ye.As a FTM I'll be interested to hear how recovery is going too!Rally hope I'll go soon, I'm getting impatient but I don't think I'll be early.Due on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

Hi Ladies, I m scheduled for induction on Thursday for my first baby in the coombe can anyone tells me what to expect ? Getting a bit nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

cinloom wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, I m scheduled for induction on Thursday for my first baby in the coombe can anyone tells me what to expect ? Getting a bit nervous.

Hi cinloom. I was induced last week on. 4th baby, all inductions. I was placed on monitor for around half an hour when I arrived. The consultant gave me an internal and broke my waters at 9am. Baby born at 1pm. Had waters broken on 2 babies and the gel inserted for other two. All went well with the 4 labours. The longest was 4 hours, the shortest 15mins with the rest somewhere in between. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've never been induced but my waters went this time and I was admitted to a ward where other ladies were being induced. In the day and night I was there 2 had their babies and one lady had the gel applied twice end it failed so she was going on the oxytocin. I gathered from all that that the gels work for some and not for others.

I was induced recently. 3rd baby but 1st induction. They broke my waters the first day at around 9 but I think on first babies they go for gel or pessary on first day. Anyway breaking the waters started contractions but didn't progress anything but I think that's because I was only 37 weeks that day and baby wasn't quiet ready to exit lol next day I was given oxy. My contractions were so strong within minutes of having the oxy that they had to turn it off and she was born 3 and a half hours later. I don't know what your planning regarding pain relief but I had none on 1st daughter and it was a 6 hour labour and absolute walk in the park but with the oxy I was asking for an epidural within an hour. My contractions were as the midwife said "absolute whoppers" they said they normally give it before the oxy because the contractions are so strong but they did get the epi for me very quickly once I realised I was going to need it!

How did you get on cinloom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

hi all, my pretty little girl arrived sunday. It was a bit stressful at the hospital as the induction had to be delayed by hospital emergency . But the actual labour and delivery was weird enought not stressful at all thanks to the wonderful hospital staff

hi all, my pretty little girl arrived sunday. It was a bit stressful at the hospital as the induction had to be delayed by hospital emergency . But the actual labour and delivery was weird enought not stressful at all thanks to the wonderful hospital staff

Ah that's brilliant news! Congratulations :-D delighted to hear it all went well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cakescakes

My little girl (Sophia Rose) arrived two weeks ago, 38 weeks, natural delivery, no epidural 😅 Doing well now at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congrats cinloom and cakes cakes. Hope your little babes are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi Ladies, how is everyone getting on? I can't believe our babies are 1 yr old this month! Congrats to everyone on making it through the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Second that
    Well done everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

I still haven't relaxed, it's more nervous I'm getting everyday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Ah snoopy, why is that? Is everything ok? Or is cause baba is on the move now and the house seems like a death trap?

Advertisement