Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Lucuma wrote: »
    hi ladies joining in here coz I'm due end April/start May and I don't have the guts to start off the Due in May thread .....that would jinx it wouldn't it!! Due no.2 as well like alot of others here. Have an 11 month old dd already.

Aw Lucuma I'm just a week behind you. Think I'm around May 8th. Due no 2 as well. Although mine is 2.5. Took us a long time to get pregnant so I'm just delirious now!

cakescakes wrote: »
    Question : did anyone here have a twin pregnancy before ? Reason I ask is I have this "gut" feeling I'm carrying twins! Crazy as that sounds, it's just a "feeling". I still think I'm sounding crazy even as I type this but I'll keep going anyway ...... Also I've such early symptoms!!! I've had two previous pregnancies and never had symptoms this early! I know every pregnancy is different! BUT I actually got a positive test 6 days before my missed period!! Also the cramping is unreal this time around and the tiredness is extreme! I'm also "feeling" very full and pregnant and I'm gaining weight fast, I've a big appetite also this time but trying hard to eat healthy! I am being really good with my diet and getting out for a walk but I feel like I'm getting bigger by the day!ni also had this wears dream about twins two nights ago! (Probably just my subconscious mind) I'm only 5+2 so it's very very early days for me! I'll be having Scan in 3 weeks when I'm 8weeks. Fingers crossed! I'll be very happy to have 1 healthy baby growing inside of me but I can't shake this "twin" feeling. Have you kind ladies any thoughts? Am I going crazy???:)

I feel a lot like you too. I was also on clomid and wasn't being monitored so I'm excited/terrified there's multiple babies-to-be in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

yellow hen wrote: »
    I feel a lot like you too. I was also on clomid and wasn't being monitored so I'm excited/terrified there's multiple babies-to-be in there!

Congrats yellow hen! I remember you from ttc when I was trying on my first!

javagal wrote: »
    Congrats yellow hen! I remember you from ttc when I was trying on my first!

Aw stop... I'm loitering around these threads years! :(

Aw stop... I'm loitering around these threads years! :(

Well it paid off 😊😊

• Advertisement

Hi ladies and gentleman, how is everyone this evening? Having a rough day myself.. Awful cramping... Had to take paracitamol and not even rest helped! So I went to my Gp and I'm booked in for an early scan on Monday! On bed rest for the weekend and I have a "letter" for the hospital should I need it over weekend. Afraid of ectopic, but no bleeding so hopefully things will just settle. I wish I could report better news.. Sorry for negative post! Hope u guys are all good though. Happy thoughts happy thoughts :-))) !!!

Hey cakes, any news on your scan? Was thinking of you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Aw Lucuma I'm just a week behind you. Think I'm around May 8th. Due no 2 as well. Although mine is 2.5. Took us a long time to get pregnant so I'm just delirious now!

Congrats yellow hen !! Great that we migrated from the TTC to the due in....at the same time :-) So exciting for you :)

So I suppose we'll hang around in here for a bit longer til someone has the balls to start a Due in May thread :-)

I think I won't have the guts til my early scan which is 2 weeks from today!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Ah Sofa King 7 years, that's a lovely gap, I bet everything seems like the first time all over again :D. And congrats to those if you from the ttc thread, doubly exciting!!!

Had my scan today and turns out my guesstimated conception date was spot on - I'm 8+4 now so due 7th of April. The doctor was surprised the hospital hadn't offered me an early scan due to my lack of period. Anyway I was super excited to see the heartbeat and tiny little arms and legs already :D Cakes I'm like you, I was convinced I was having twins for some reason but as long as this little one is healthy then I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cakescakes

Aww thanks javagal 💖 great news!!! Scan showed everything is A-Ok!! One baby! And a heartbeat!!!! Phew....
    I am still in a LOT of pain however ... They think it could be due to adhesions from laparoscopies I have had in the past due to my endometriosis! My last surgery was last summer so I guess there is plenty scaring and everything is now being aggravated by the pregnancy! So rest and paracitamol is the tonic and if I need stronger pain killers to come back within two weeks! X and exhale....

Aww thanks javagal 💖 great news!!! Scan showed everything is A-Ok!! One baby! And a heartbeat!!!! Phew....
    I am still in a LOT of pain however ... They think it could be due to adhesions from laparoscopies I have had in the past due to my endometriosis! My last surgery was last summer so I guess there is plenty scaring and everything is now being aggravated by the pregnancy! So rest and paracitamol is the tonic and if I need stronger pain killers to come back within two weeks! X and exhale....

Great news! I'd say you're so relieved!
    Fingers crossed the pain passes soon!

My spotting seems to be easing off now, what was every second day is more like once every 3/4 days now.
    Back for my next scan on Thursday, I'll be 9 weeks! The time was dragging but now seems to be flying in!!!

So, who will be finding out what sex baby is?

• Advertisement

Thankfully things settling for you! Spotting is worrying also! Won't it be great to tell people also?! I'm gonna try hold out S long as I can but when I'm feeling so Shyte (excuse French) it's been hard to hide! I'll definately be finding out baby's sex anyway!!! I just couldn't wait! But will be keeping it to myself :) daddy would tell everyone I'm afraid... He did the last time... All his family knew we were having a girl. So this time please God all going well... It will be top secret!! Will u find out Java?

Thankfully things settling for you! Spotting is worrying also! Won't it be great to tell people also?! I'm gonna try hold out S long as I can but when I'm feeling so Shyte (excuse French) it's been hard to hide! I'll definately be finding out baby's sex anyway!!! I just couldn't wait! But will be keeping it to myself :) daddy would tell everyone I'm afraid... He did the last time... All his family knew we were having a girl. So this time please God all going well... It will be top secret!! Will u find out Java?

Definitely going to find out! I think it's much easier to bond with bump if you can call it him or her!
    We found out at 18 weeks on my daughter, lucky we did it early because she got too big to see in every other scan!
    Went to a place in blackrock last time for the scan and was only 100e because I had a medical card at the time. Hoping to bring my little girl to the scan this time so she can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Never found out on the first three. Hubby doesn't want to find out and I'd never keep it to myself. It is a lovely surprise after all that hard work. I always guessed correctly though. Think this one is a boy or twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

Delighted everything is ok cakes! I had more spotting last night and this morning but have a scan the 11th so going to try hold off going into the hospital till then unless it gets worse.

Not going to find out the sex javagal, didn't the first time and was honestly the only thing that kept me motivated when I went over due. I'd love a girl this time so I can have one of each but as long as he/she is healthy that's all that counts.

We've recently moved into a 2 bedroom house so a boy would be the easier option so my son could share a room with the new baby but what will be will be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sofa King wrote: »
    This is our second after 7 years...

Having my second after 7 years 2!! When are your telling your 1st about it?

I wish I could enjoy pregnancy more!! It's so hard when your sick like ALL day ... Outside of the worrying cramping... I have all day nausea, very little energy, and my skin is just GREY looking... My emotions are all over the place... So.... When somebody says "hi, how are you today?" And you reply "fine, all is good" because it's more socially acceptable not to burden people with the truth!!! But you REALLY wanna say "actually I feel totally terrible, I'm sick 24/7, tired, in pain and I also look like crap AND I'm on cloud ga-ga land at the moment also... @ but other than that all's fine. Lol.... Just staying!!! Am I alone here? Is everyone else here blooming??? Xxx

Sounds yuck cakes! I'm not sick (yet) but my skin is like that of a 15yr old hormonal boy...:(

Snap yellow hen! Lots of break outs! I'm eating so well and actually craving fresh fresh foods like nice fresh tomatoes and cucumbers and melon and things like that!! A definate craving! Today when I felt "bleh" I decided to go off for a walk... The fresh air was nice but I was wrecked after it .. Ha ha... And had to lay down flat for a half an hour to ease the cramps. So... I'm gonna try focus on nice positive things like baby names and baby clothes and the likes.... Xx

Omg I'm struggling the last few days I have no energy,look like crap,all I want to do is sleep,coming down yet again with another head cold,look about 4months pregnant &im not that heavy(despite my name its my husbands user name lol) so its getting harder to disguise the bump, roll on second trimester!!

I have the biggest spot ever right on my lip..it's huge and sore...
    My three year old told me today that I'd better Go to Penneys and buy bigger clothes cause my belly is jiggling when I walk 😔

• Advertisement

Got dated today.. 9 weeks. A very, very active baby lol!

Great picture Javagal!! Awww I'm delighted for you!!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Congrats javagal. It's lovely to see everything is going as expected. Must get my ass into gear and get a scan booked. Anyone know of a place that does scans near sligo or donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Having my second after 7 years 2!! When are your telling your 1st about it?

We have our scan on the 12th, so we are thinking of telling the first child then as we'll have the scan picture etc...

What do you think?

ended up spending 3 hours in a&e today waiting to see a consultant. have a sever kidney infection. it is horrendous and antibiotics make me puke :( feeling very sorry for myself!

Jesus javagal that sounds horrendous, hope you're on the mend soon. Great scan pic, can't wait to get dated next week. Hoping my week gets added back on cause I should be 9 weeks on Sunday.

Cakes if I don't have makeup on I'm a nice shade of grey too, my morning sickness...well all day nausea is a lot better than my last pregnancy but still bad enough not to be a fully functioning person!

KarKar10 wrote: »
    Jesus javagal that sounds horrendous, hope you're on the mend soon. Great scan pic, can't wait to get dated next week. Hoping my week gets added back on cause I should be 9 weeks on Sunday.

Cakes if I don't have makeup on I'm a nice shade of grey too, my morning sickness...well all day nausea is a lot better than my last pregnancy but still bad enough not to be a fully functioning person!

They put me back 5 days on my last scan and bang on my dates today so always Go with yours! Mother knows best lol!

Oh yeah, have my first ante natal appointment next week(like not epu). I'll be 10 weeks, wondering why they want me so early? Maybe somethin to do with history?

Went to doctor this afternoon have a chest infection doctor has me on antibiotics &steroids so nervous taking them only 7weeks but I have to,hopefully will feel better soon,this is my second time getting flu since pregnant,so tired&finding it hard to do anything,can't wait for second trimester need energy,been useless this whole week,don't know how I'll cope with 4 kids!sorry rant over,hope yer all good

20Kg_loser wrote: »
    Went to doctor this afternoon have a chest infection doctor has me on antibiotics &steroids so nervous taking them only 7weeks but I have to,hopefully will feel better soon,this is my second time getting flu since pregnant,so tired&finding it hard to do anything,can't wait for second trimester need energy,been useless this whole week,don't know how I'll cope with 4 kids!sorry rant over,hope yer all good

I'm on antibiotics too, make sure you have a full tummy on them or if you're anything like me, you'll puke/poop them out!!! Horrible but must be done!

Girls, I haven't been doing the worst eating ever, maybe an extra takeaway a week and two slices of toast at night if I'm hungry but I feel like I'm piling on the weight already. Anyone els8

• Advertisement

I don't have my first antenatal appointment till Oct the 8th so I'll be around 14 weeks or so by then, it might just be because of your history javagal.

I haven't been able to eat dinners or any of my healthy-ish foods cause I just keep puking, bread is my staple food. Had a jam sandwich for my dinner and will have another 2 slices later. It's the only thing I can keep down so will hopefully get my appetite back in the 2nd trimester.

My 3 year old caught me puking yesterday, the poor divil didn't know what to do. Started shouting at my OH to ring an ambulance haha!

Ps anyone heading to the pregnancy and baby fair in the RDS later this month? Love getting a few free goodies :)

Advertisement