Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BrewDog Bar Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

RonanC wrote: »

I'll be checking out the bar of course and glad dublin is getting one. Looking forward to it.

But their spiel is getting tiresome at this stage :) and maybe they are a little disingenuous with it all? Ha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Oh god, they let whoever wrote the old Punk cans write the job spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

L1011 wrote: »
    Oh god, they let whoever wrote the old Punk cans write the job spec.

Given there are 14 ampersands in that, and most (if not all) are incorrectly used, I'd be able to guess which Irish BrewDog employee wrote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Or senior retail operations manager is BrewDog through and through.

She's been with the company 4 years!!!!

I'm bald, but grew a top knot after reading that shyte..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Yep. I like brewdog, but going to a Brewdog bar in Brussels is second only in criminality to going to an Irish bar

Not if you dont like Trappist/ Wheat beer styles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nope, you should be shot tbf.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Planning permission for the Dublin brewery is now granted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Expecting an October opening day now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Better get my Equity for Punks card so. I bought four shares a couple of years ago while hammered after coming home from drinking Brewdog beers and didn't realise I'd actually bought them until a few months later.

Never been any use to me whatsoever until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Better get my Equity for Punks card so. I bought four shares a couple of years ago while hammered after coming home from drinking Brewdog beers and didn't realise I'd actually bought them until a few months later.

Never been any use to me whatsoever until now.
    For real? Did you not get the invitation to sell 15% of your shares back as part of the TSG investment, for a pretty sizable profit? Like multiple times what you'd have paid for the original 4 shares?

Gotta say I've completely gone off BrewDog with their recent shenanigans. Their beers don't really create any excitement any more, and their bars are (for the most part) soulless, expensive and unoriginal. I'll surely visit the bar when it opens - due diligence, but I'd rather shop local and visit a decent Irish pub with a good selection of beers.

Latest update has BrewDog Dublin opening in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

excellent news, do we have any idea if they will brew on site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ipodrocker wrote: »
    excellent news, do we have any idea if they will brew on site?

Yes. That's what the hold up was. They never submitted an environmental impact assessment for the brewery with the original planning permission application.

Yes. That's what the hold up was. They never submitted an environmental impact assessment for the brewery with the original planning permission application.

ah good to know!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The exchange rate on the current share offering is currently a bit crap - £25 share for €30!

I would have already paid for one with the shareholder discount from UK trips so actually did buy one.

does anyone know where abouts the brewdog is opening? I heard Capital Dock but which part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ipodrocker wrote: »
    does anyone know where abouts the brewdog is opening? I heard Capital Dock but which part?

There are photos of the exact building in this thread. It's the weird two story red one that's supposed to look like a boat that faces out north over the river towards the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

There are photos of the exact building in this thread. It's the weird two story red one that's supposed to look like a boat that faces out north over the river towards the point.

Whats it on goggle maps do you know. What is the nearest building to it ?

• Advertisement

Whats it on goggle maps do you know. What is the nearest building to it ?

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3444369,-6.230856,20.5z

The development is only just finished so isn't well represented on Google's aerial photos or Streetview. It's worth a visit, though. Just go along John Rogerson's Quay to the very far end.

BeerNut wrote: »
    The development is only just finished so isn't well represented on Google's aerial photos or Streetview. It's worth a visit, though. Just go along John Rogerson's Quay to the very far end.

found it today looks like a nice building, looking forward to it.

Now looking at late November for an opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

irish_goat wrote: »
    Now looking at late November for an opening.

Looks like mid December now

Looking forward to this, I live in Irishtown no decent bars here. Gasworks the nearest.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Looking forward to this, I live in Irishtown no decent bars here. Gasworks the nearest.

The Yacht had 4 or 5 of the Kinnegar range when I was there last time. Crackin spot.

The Yacht had 4 or 5 of the Kinnegar range when I was there last time. Crackin spot.

Dont like the atmosphere there, prefer craft beer type shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Dont like the atmosphere there, prefer craft beer type shops.

The Merry Cobbler is alright. Have you tried it?
    I think the Brewdog place won't be great, given that it's located in silicon docks.

• Advertisement

Effects wrote:
    The Merry Cobbler is alright. Have you tried it? I think the Brewdog place won't be great, given that it's located in silicon docks.

Yeah Cobbler isnt bad but doesnt have a big Craftie range.

Advertisement