Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

TheTorment wrote: »
    Ive a UK imported Leaf.
    The Sat Nav doesnt recognise the data when I enter an Irish location. Can the Sat Nav be updated to be used here?

UK import makes no difference. It’s the same system.
    I used it to get me home from Scotland when I bought mine and I didn’t have to change anything to use here.

Maybe your trying to input into the wrong field? The only
    Thing the UK betters on the system is postcode directions.

kceire wrote: »
    UK import makes no difference. It’s the same system.
    I used it to get me home from Scotland when I bought mine and I didn’t have to change anything to use here.

Maybe your trying to input into the wrong field? The only
    Thing the UK betters on the system is postcode directions.

When I enter any location in ireland and go to navigate to it I get the message

"Data does not exist for this location"

The map works ok with locations etc but you cant set anywhere to navigate to.

Anyone shed some light please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

TheTorment wrote: »
    When I enter any location in ireland and go to navigate to it I get the message

"Data does not exist for this location"

The map works ok with locations etc but you cant set anywhere to navigate to.

Anyone shed some light please?

I have a 2017 and have never has success with the nav to find a new place.
    I use Gmaps for battery range planning and to get there and then save it, I have a lot of repeat trips so it makes sense, I have 150 stored this far.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

I have a 2017 and have never has success with the nav to find a new place.
    I use Gmaps for battery range planning and to get there and then save it, I have a lot of repeat trips so it makes sense, I have 150 stored this far.
    I use exact longitude and latitude coordinates when going to a new location. You can pull the coords from Google Maps and input it in the nav.
    It struggles to find many addresses directly otherwise.

McGiver wrote: »
    I use exact longitude and latitude coordinates when going to a new location. You can pull the coords from Google Maps and input it in the nav.
    It struggles to find many addresses directly otherwise.
    Thanks, never thought of that option.. I have keyed them into a Garmin I have as well for when mobile signal was mixed across the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Does the leaf not have apple carplay?

ELM327 wrote: »
    It may do but I don't have an apple phone:D

It may do but I don't have an apple phone:D
    Or whatever the android equivalent is, smartarse! :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not that I know of, deffo not the Gen 1 or 1.5. Can or confirm the L40 but from my time with our fleet L40 I havent noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

What tyres would people recommend for a 151 Leaf? 215 50 17 is on the side wall of the current set on car. Nissan quoted €175 a Tyre fitted and balanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    What tyres would people recommend for a 151 Leaf? 215 50 17 is on the side wall of the current set on car. Nissan quoted €175 a Tyre fitted and balanced.

Everyone has their own opinion on tyres. It depends on what you're after in relation to grip, price and wear.

I'm getting along fine with these ones.
    https://www.tyreleader.ie/car-tyres/uniroyal/rainsport-3/215-50-r17-95v-187792

Reasonable price and grip. About half worn with 10k km on them which is about all I get from any of the premium tyres I've fitted to the front.

You'll pay another €15-€20 per tyre to get them fitted so about €115 per tyre fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Never get tyres from main dealers, you'll be fleeced dry. Shop around and get 3or 4 quotes and compare the ratings for fuel eff, noise and braking plus the overall tyre quality and cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

The Dunlop enasave ec300 come on the L40 and I have to say other than accelerating out of a corner in wet they were very good for me. Long lasting, quiet and efficient. But they are not cheap, instead as we are coming into winter I have replaced all 4 with Nokian all weather tyres with better winter grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

Nope...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭deadduck

Is it just me, or is the leaf app down the last 2 mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Just a question for you older hands with the Leaf - I bought a gen 1.5 2015 24kwh a few weeks ago with 95% SOH showing. Lovely car - driving it is so fluid.
    I'm still on granny charger while waiting for my sparks to 2nd fix my tethered point. I have the car set to charge to 80% by 6.30am and I've noticed the last few days that it's usually around 75% when I want to leave. Is this normal when it gets cold - tough to push current through cold cells?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Dardania wrote: »
    Just a question for you older hands with the Leaf - I bought a gen 1.5 2015 24kwh a few weeks ago with 95% SOH showing. Lovely car - driving it is so fluid.
    I'm still on granny charger while waiting for my sparks to 2nd fix my tethered point. I have the car set to charge to 80% by 6.30am and I've noticed the last few days that it's usually around 75% when I want to leave. Is this normal when it gets cold - tough to push current through cold cells?

I would say it's because the granny cable is only putting 2kW in, the car is probably calculating the charge duration based on 3kW input. Just change the departure time to 30mins earlier

I would say it's because the granny cable is only putting 2kW in, the car is probably calculating the charge duration based on 3kW input. Just change the departure time to 30mins earlier

That makes sense - the prediction is based 3kw in the display. Funny it doesn't adjust for the granny charger. I'll give it a go, and maybe start it charging earlier if I remember.

When I had my leaf the car knew the difference between granny cable and 3kW for timing.
    On very cold mornings I usually saw a drop of 3-5% between charge end and departure. This is because the 2kW gross from granny cable is not enough to cover the preheating (3-6kW)

When I had my leaf the car knew the difference between granny cable and 3kW for timing.
    On very cold mornings I usually saw a drop of 3-5% between charge end and departure. This is because the 2kW gross from granny cable is not enough to cover the preheating (3-6kW)

This could well explain it.

• Advertisement

Dardania.... its this ^^

You need to set the charging to finish at least 30mins (preferably 60mins) before your pre-heating departure time.

That way the car gets to 80% and then the pre-heating can utilise all the power during its time slot. If charging and pre-heating overlap you wont get to 80%.

You might still find that it will be a percent or two below 80% as the granny charger just isnt powerful enough for these very cold mornings.

KCross wrote: »
    Dardania.... its this ^^

You need to set the charging to finish at least 30mins (preferably 60mins) before your pre-heating departure time.

That way the car gets to 80% and then the pre-heating can utilise all the power during its time slot. If charging and pre-heating overlap you wont get to 80%.

You might still find that it will be a percent or two below 80% as the granny charger just isnt powerful enough for these very cold mornings.

Okay. And will the car pull power from the charger during preheat, if the departure time is beforehand?

Okay. And will the car pull power from the charger during preheat, if the departure time is beforehand?
    Yes but it will pull more than the 2kW the granny cable can deliver, so the remainder will be taken from the battery

You leave your departure time as is (ie the time you want to leave! ;)

What you need to change is you charge timers.... they need to finish before pre-heating starts. The pre-heating will auto-start at different times depending on how cold it is outside. If its -2 outside the pre-heat will come on earlier to ensure the cabin is up to temp by your departure time.... so, get your charge timers to finish well in advance (say, an hour) of your departure time.

The easiest way, imo, is this...
    - Set the departure time as normal.
    - Set a charging end time only and set it to an hour before your departure time. Dont set a charge start time (leave it blank).

With that config the car will auto-start the charge session based on the SoC of the battery. So, if the battery is lower today than yesterday it will start the session earlier. It figures it out itself to ensure that you are fully charged by the end time.

And then since you have a departure time set it will auto-start the heating and it will have upto an hour to get it up to temp but it will only turn on for as long as it calculates it needs.

End result is a charged car and a heated cabin everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I have a 2016 used 30KwH Leaf I bough in the UK a few weeks ago. Can anyone tell me the App I need to install to check on the charging status or heat the car remotely. Assuming such an app exists please ?

Also I have a 45km commute each way and charge for free in work. As a result I generally don't stay below the recommended 103KmH to maximise battery use and heat as required. I really only charge once a day in work with the occasional charge at home over the weekend. I guess the question is should I alter my driving habits so that I only charge to 80% or 85% in order to preserve battery life, from what I read this is the recommended level to maintain maximum battery life. Currently car has covered 50km and has 12 bars. I have the ODB and paid for Leafspy on the Iphone and then changed to Samsung without ever using it so can't give an exact SoH.

I have a 2016 used 30KwH Leaf I bough in the UK a few weeks ago. Can anyone tell me the App I need to install to check on the charging status or heat the car remotely. Assuming such an app exists please ?

Also I have a 45km commute each way and charge for free in work. As a result I generally don't stay below the recommended 103KmH to maximise battery use and heat as required. I really only charge once a day in work with the occasional charge at home over the weekend. I guess the question is should I alter my driving habits so that I only charge to 80% or 85% in order to preserve battery life, from what I read this is the recommended level to maintain maximum battery life. Currently car has covered 50km and has 12 bars. I have the ODB and paid for Leafspy on the Iphone and then changed to Samsung without ever using it so can't give an exact SoH.

I can help with this based on recent experience. It's a it of a pig to do, but doable.
    Be prepared, Nissan's app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digitas.android.nissan.carwings&hl=en ) is not great - there is a third party alternative called My Leaf on android ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.kjeldsen.carwingsflutter&hl=en ) which is better, but it's limited by the 2G-esque speeds of the Leaf...

Try this link: https://www.nissan.ie/ownership/nissan-connect.html#register
    If (and most likely, when) that fails, you need to ring the UK helpdesk to get them to deregister the old owner's account, and register the VIN to you - the phone number is on the link. Takes them a few days, and you have to poke them after a few days to push it through. You will have to send them a photo of the log book to prove ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭ironingbored

deadduck wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is the leaf app down the last 2 mornings?

No, it's been down approx three days now (affecting MyLeaf as well so definitely a server issue).

Also, I notice that the Nissan EV App doesn't work with Android 10.

I've emailed asking about but haven't heard back.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I can help with this based on recent experience. It's a it of a pig to do, but doable.

Thanks for that...I can get onto Nissan Connect from the laptop and seem to be registered. Can now see charge status and activate climate remotely. The Nissan EV and My Leaf aren't working from my Samsung S10 but it has been mentioned it's been down...Called the UK number and they've logged a case anyway and asked me to send in proof of ownership...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

I charge mine to 100% every night. Is this bad? 2014

In saying this - the status of health has gone from 87.41% on the 5th November to 92.08% today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

What's a 2017 tekna 30kwh worth now with average km 50,000

Advertisement