Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

There's two trip meters. A and B.

Nothing to do do with D or B driving mode. The picture shows P i.e. parking mode.

NIMAN wrote:
    Even when the gearing is in D? And ECO switched off?

BTW there's the following driving modes:

P - parked
    B - driving mode with more regen
    B Eco - driving mode with more regen ECO
    D - normal driving mode (assume D for drive)
    D Eco - normal driving mode ECO
    N - neutral

The Eco just reduces the accelerator response and I believe it limits it to the max 4 bubbles on the dash, it also reduces heating and AC somehow.

Other than that D has less regen and B has more, no other difference.

N mode obviously has no regen and no accelerator response (pull the lever to the right and hold for a few seconds to engage it).

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

WTF don't people read the book that came with their car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

McGiver wrote: »

P - parked
    N - neutral

The Eco just reduces the accelerator response and I believe it limits it to the max 4 bubbles on the dash, it also reduces heating and AC somehow.

N mode obviously has no regen and no accelerator response (pull the lever to the right and hold for a few seconds to engage it).

Thanks for all that, but it was the TRIP meter!

adunis wrote: »

I've had the car for a couple of years, I know most of it, just noticed that little B for the 1st time this morning.

• Advertisement

adunis wrote:

Generally not...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Anyone have problems registering with Nissan connect site. Keeps saying can't register with this email 😡😠 I have tried different ones. To no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Anyone have problems registering with Nissan connect site. Keeps saying can't register with this email 😡😠 I have tried different ones. To no avail.

Try this - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showpost.php?p=107002899&postcount=66

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I now have an L24 Tekna but cannot find how to change the angle of the dipped beam.
    I’ve checked manual, through setting etc to no avail.
    It doesn’t have the normal physical adjuster 1-2-3 dial in the same place as the Acenta.
    It’s probably staring me in the face but does anyone have any ideas where it is please?
    Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

McGiver wrote: »

P - parked
    N - neutral

Lots of options as to how to drive. How do ye normally drive?

I usually just use B. And kinda let it do the braking for me. I’m not even sure if this is the next way to do things.

I don’t really like ECO as it limits the power. I know good for battery but I’m not a fan.

• Advertisement

Lots of options as to how to drive. How do ye normally drive?

I usually just use B. And kinda let it do the braking for me. I’m not even sure if this is the next way to do things.

I don’t really like ECO as it limits the power. I know good for battery but I’m not a fan.

Personal preference.

I like B as well, although it's not aggressive enough for me. I like one pedal driving.

In i3, new Leaf or Tesla you can do one pedal driving, because the regen is much stronger, the car will almost stop when your release the accelerator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Zamboni wrote: »
    I now have an L24 Tekna but cannot find how to change the angle of the dipped beam.
    It doesn’t have the normal physical adjuster 1-2-3 dial in the same place as the Acenta.
    It’s probably staring me in the face but does anyone have any ideas where it is please?
    Thank you.

Unsure if the L24, but teknas are usually led headlights, if so there’s no adjustment as it’s full auto other than the actual headlight adjustment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thank you.

You can’t change it on LED headlights.
    Similar to olde xenon equipped cars, it’s controlled by the car.

Unsure if the L24, but teknas are usually led headlights, if so there’s no adjustment as it’s full auto other than the actual headlight adjustment
    kceire wrote: »
    You can’t change it on LED headlights.
    Similar to olde xenon equipped cars, it’s controlled by the car.

Thanks both.
    First car I've had with LED on dipped beam. It seems too sit at too high of an angle.
    It passed NCT recently so no issue there but I'd probably be annoyed if someone was behind me in traffic like that!

Thanks both.
    First car I've had with LED on dipped beam. It seems too sit at too high of an angle.
    It passed NCT recently so no issue there but I'd probably be annoyed if someone was behind me in traffic like that!

They are not blinding at all.
    I’ve been in front of many leaves now and they are fine.

I am enduring the sh1tshow that is trying to register my uk imported used L24 with Nissan and use the remote climate controls.
    All I want is a warm car in the mornings...:pac::pac::pac:

Go to Nissan.ie >> Nissan Connect Portal
    Choose Carwings Option
    https://cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus.html
    Register and account and VIN
    Login via the vehicle
    Everything looks fine for a poorly coded website and I can actually see Climate Controls but its greyed out.
    The only functionality I have is to change my account registration details.
    Dead end - further reading indicates Carwings is now obsolete in favour of NissanConnect

Go to Nissan.ie >> Nissan Connect Portal
    Choose Nissan Connect Register Now https://ie.nissanconnect.eu/en-ie/Account/Register
    Register an account and VIN https://ie.nissanconnect.eu/
    You're currently not subscribed to any packages. Check our available subscriptions below to get started.
    There are no packages subscribed or available for this vehicle.

Spot a reference from a poster here to "Continue to Ownership Check" but this function is not visible anywhere.
    Dead end

Find You Plus Nissan Portal referenced on this forum
    Go to https://youplus.nissan.ie/ and get redirected to the old Carwings page.
    - it tells me to "Visit the iTunes App Store and search for the “You+Nissan” app."
    Result: No such app
    Dead end

Go separately to https://youplus.nissan.ie in new browser and register an account.
    Get in but it appears to be a service booking portal only.

And then the apps
    NissanConnect = Can login but can only access apps page (FB, Googe,Eurosport wtf?, Twitter, TripAdvisor) with a grey disconnected carimage in top left.
    NissanConnectEV = Won't accept any logins created above
    You+Nissan app = Doesn't exist

Are there any heroes out there that know which app I can access climate controls to my vehicle and where I am can register ? :)
    I just want be like the relaxed woman using the climate control in app for her LEAF like this woman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJDumi3a6eg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Your leaf is likely registered to previous owner.

Previous owner needs to log into the account and remove the VIN from their account.
    You can email the UK crowd with copies of the log book that demonstrates you now own the car and they will remove it and allow you to register it.

Anyone else get a letter from Nissan re: recall to have the battery earth plates checked?

Got mine this morning.

Edit: on another point, I Googled for Nissan chassis number, and put it into https://www.vindecoderz.com/, and its showing as a Nissan Almera!! (although the rest of the details are correct)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,256 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone else get a letter from Nissan re: recall to have the battery earth plates checked?

Got mine this morning.

Edit: on another point, I Googled for Nissan chassis number, and put it into https://www.vindecoderz.com/, and its showing as a Nissan Almera!! (although the rest of the details are correct)

What year

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

What year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

My 2016 Leaf was done 2/3 months ago.

Was there ever a recall done for the rear axle issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Was there ever a recall done for the rear axle issue?

No, you had to complain and show that it was out of spec and demand it be done... obviously before the 3yr warranty was up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭creedp

Water John wrote: »
    My 2016 Leaf was done 2/3 months ago.

L24 or L30?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 roonealdo

kceire wrote: »
    Previous owner needs to log into the account and remove the VIN from their account.
    You can email the UK crowd with copies of the log book that demonstrates you now own the car and they will remove it and allow you to register it.

Send a mail to gb@nissan-services.eu with proof of ownership and they should sort you out.

Question for owners of the older model.

My 2014 Gen1.5 takes about 30sec before the warm air arrives when I switch on the heating. Is this normal?

NIMAN wrote:
    My 2014 Gen1.5 takes about 30sec before the warm air arrives when I switch on the heating. Is this normal?
    Similar in mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Question for owners of the older model.

Yes mine was the same.
    Probably to do with inefficiencies of the heat pump in colder weather

• Advertisement

The Germans crashed a gen1.5 Leaf to see what happens. The results aren't good.

https://youtu.be/KzBotW7KLeo
    https://youtu.be/dclFMzKSJMA

Note: This is supposed to be a car with Euro NCAP 5 stars...

EDIT: NCAP are tested at 30 and 50 kph allegedly.

Advertisement