Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grand Tour [Amazon]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you are referring to torrents. If that's the case, that's where most people will go as Amazon Prime isn't available in Ireland and I don't know if it's been announced that other channels will air the show

Maybe Dave will come up trumps and buy the rights to show it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Maybe Dave will come up trumps and buy the rights to show it :P

ah i aint worried about that either. im sure as soon as its broadcast, it ll be all over the internets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nody wrote: »
    GoT season 1 was at 7 million an episode and as per season 6 is up to 10 million per episode; so not quite there yet :P

Amazon also have to work for their money, can't rely on the yearly hand out from the British people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you are referring to torrents. If that's the case, that's where most people will go as Amazon Prime isn't available in Ireland and I don't know if it's been announced that other channels will air the show
    I didn't know Amazon prime wasn't available in Ireland. It's going to get pirated like crazy if Amazon don't do something. I was going to switch my Netflix subscription to Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ScumLord wrote: »
    I didn't know Amazon prime wasn't available in Ireland. It's going to get pirated like crazy if Amazon don't do something. I was going to switch my Netflix subscription to Amazon.

If wikipedia is accurate, Amazon's video service is only available in 5 different countries. United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, Austria

If they don't expand on that I can see this show being sold to broadcasters all over the world. Much like how Netflix sold House of Cards etc to local boradcasters before they launched in various countries. They will have a lot of money to recoup on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Probably one more for the mods, but are the Grand Tour episodes going to be chatted about on here or in a different forum?

In my opinion it probably should stay here just change the forum name to Top Gear and Grand Tour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

There's very few shows that need their own forum. This should all just go back straight into Television really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

It's not like this forum is overrun with threads. I'd say discussing it here would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, I think they should rename this the Top Gear Grand Tour Fifth Gear Wheeler Dealers forum.:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Buffman wrote: »
    Ye, I think they should rename this the Top Gear Grand Tour Fifth Gear Wheeler Dealers forum.:D

How about "The PPPOOOOWWWWWEEERRRRRRRR!!!! (and real car stuff too!) forum" :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

A WildTopMonkeyGearGrandTourSOSMisfitFifthGearWheelerDealer Forum isBorn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well here's two teaser videos shown at a live show; and yes it's all proper Top Gear...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Looks like they didnt stay pissed off with Ben too long anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Aww.. the comments on the first one are suggesting it's from an old TG Live show rather than TGT :(

Still miles better than the Evans' effort

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

The tame "The Ben Collins" is genius. It single-handedly kills the STIG off and moves on, and in doing so completely undermines BBC Top Gear.

I hope they keep that format for the Grand Tour. I'm really looking forward to this. The fear was always if they could successfully re-invent the show; it's looking like they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Just got the GT rather than TG reference...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Jeremy Clarkson
    @JeremyClarkson
    Some people came to see our first ever Grand Tour show today. God I love Johannesburg

Cnk0KCsWgAAcalD.jpg:large

What a tough life those 3 have....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Daily Mail has more details and pics of the setup, inside and outside. That view behind them is not simulated ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Or Motors TV and discuss any to related motoring content here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Myrddin wrote: »
    Or Motors TV and discuss any to related motoring content here :)

A now that's far too simple and direct!:D

I see you might be the Admin to do such a name change. Maybe 'Motoring TV' as 'Motors TV' sounds like it could be it's own show. And maybe a link to here from the Motors forum like Politics Cafe in After Hours.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A now that's far too simple and direct!:D

I see you might be the Admin to do such a name change. Maybe 'Motoring TV' as 'Motors TV' sounds like it could be it's own show. And maybe a link to here from the Motors forum like Politics Cafe in After Hours.

Get in touch with the mods, & pitch it to them...it's not my forum to do anything with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

i'd be for that too, there are heaps of brilliant youtube channels talking about cars, The production quality is quite high on them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SirJoker

So what do you say about the new teaser? :) I'm pretty hyped for it. I wonder how much different it will be from the old TG.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Good watch. Plenty of talk about the new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

They're not filming at the moment, not if James has time to buy a new motorbike in London ...

https://twitter.com/MrJamesMay/status/772766466617831424

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

From November 18th. Let the excitement begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will RTE or TV3 buy the rights to show it here since Amazon Video is only legally available in 4/5 Countries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wonder will RTE or TV3 buy the rights to show it here since Amazon Video is only legally available in 4/5 Countries.

I could easily see TV3 jumping on it sooner than RTÉ, keen to pull one over on the channel that had Clarkson & co. on its airwaves.

I like the logo, very retro. Haven't anything else to say about the trailer; my patience for the trio faded as their antics became increasingly (and more overtly) scripted. A 'back to basics' approach would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've been catching a lot of the older episodes on Dave lately. I record them so I can skip the bits between the challenges, and I have to say I still find them thoroughly enjoyable and have a want for them back on TV.

Advertisement